Vibration at low speeds...

Zhem

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 Tremor
Question for the forum.....

I noticed a vibration when driving between 24 and 36 and figured I had a tire out of balance. My alignment was also slightly off so I decided to drop it off at the dealer. They looked and said the alignment was In fact very slightly off and a couple of tires needed very minor balancing. Got it back and the vibration is still there through acceleration, coasting, and braking and most noticeable at 32. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? This isn’t my first 3/4 ton (still have my 2006 F250 the 6.0) so I don’t expect a smooth ride but also don’t think it should be vibrating.

Thanks in advance for the help.

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Current Ride
F350 Tremor 6.7 Lariat sport
Should not be experiencing that at all. Should be smooth.
It doesn't surprise me that the alignment is off and tires are not perfectly balanced.

I don't have a lot of faith in my dealerships service department.
I use an independent shop for wheel balance and alignment. Its the same guy who owns the shop works on it. You never know what kind of experience the dealerships mechanics ( or monkeys) have.

You could have something else like a drive shaft out of balance or maybe got nicked when it was shipped. Could be a bad rotor but I doubt that. Even a bad wheel.

OP
Z

Zhem

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 Tremor
Should not be experiencing that at all. Should be smooth.
It doesn't surprise me that the alignment is off and tires are not perfectly balanced.

I don't have a lot of faith in my dealerships service department.
I use an independent shop for wheel balance and alignment. Its the same guy who owns the shop works on it. You never know what kind of experience the dealerships mechanics ( or monkeys) have.

You could have something else like a drive shaft out of balance or maybe got nicked when it was shipped. Could be a bad rotor but I doubt that. Even a bad wheel.
Thanks. They had me drop it off at the quick lane initially and said if they didn’t address it to bring it back and have the fleet side look at it. Will go ahead and make and appointment and see If they can find the issue next week.

OP
Z

Zhem

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 Tremor
Just got off the phone with my local dealer/service department, they said they can't get me in until the 24th......that doesn't bode well for addressing issues in the future.....

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge