🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/3LsqFCE 🎁

Vibration 65-75 mph

Bronco

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F-250 Tremor
I put a 100 miles on the truck, and had tires rebalanced due to vibration at 35-45 and around 70. The vibration at 35-45 was resolved. Lowered tire pressure to 60 front, 58 rear thinking that may help. Have 600 miles on truck now. Feels like it’s during steady throttle and lessens when I let off the gas, but it’s hard to tell for sure. I manually downshifted to 7th gear to see if it was engine or transmission speed but no change. My assumption is bad duratrac tires or driveline. The truck has the heavy tow package as well. Anyone else seeing this issue?

I put a 100 miles on the truck, and had tires rebalanced due to vibration at 35-45 and around 70. The vibration at 35-45 was resolved. Lowered tire pressure to 60 front, 58 rear thinking that may help. Have 600 miles on truck now. Feels like it’s during steady throttle and lessens when I let off the gas, but it’s hard to tell for sure. I manually downshifted to 7th gear to see if it was engine or transmission speed but no change. My assumption is bad duratrac tires or driveline. The truck has the heavy tow package as well. Anyone else seeing this issue?
the tires do need some miles in them to feel better but its not uncommon for a back tire.... one of the guys had a tire blow on him

I know on mine the dealer didn’t put the center caps on all the Way had some vibration on three of the wheels got a rubber mallet pounded them all on

2x on the tires breaking in took mine 1200 or so. No vibrations but I was squiggly and all over the lane.

hopefully its an easy fix for you!

Yeah, I’ve seen a lot of folks say this. It tracks fine. It was walking at first but that’s settled out. I’m just hoping it’s not the driveline. Just a pain to leave a new ride with the dealer. Happened on my last Ford too. Sat in the shop for 2 months after the first week battling a sunroof leak.

Yeah my truck would swerve slightly and act a little loose until they broke in. Felt a million times better after 500 miles.

Yeah, I’ve seen a lot of folks say this. It tracks fine. It was walking at first but that’s settled out. I’m just hoping it’s not the driveline. Just a pain to leave a new ride with the dealer. Happened on my last Ford too. Sat in the shop for 2 months after the first week battling a sunroof leak.
thats a huge disappointment. Hope they can get it back on track fast.

My f350 came with Goodyear Wranglers that really vibrated at 66 mph. Dealership said the two back tires would not balance within spec. and ordered two replacement tires under warranty. This sat uneasy with me because what kind of a tire is a Goodyear Wrangler if 50 percent of their tires can't be balanced?, and what's going to happen when I rotate the front tires to the back? Haven't got my replacement tires yet because the dealership received the wrong tires the first time. To be honest I don't expect high end tire on my basic model truck and will most likely upgrade sooner than later.

Attachments

• IMG_20201008_121003400.jpg
    IMG_20201008_121003400.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 21
See if the dealer will road force balance the tires for you. If they do not have the correct machine, might be worth paying a few bucks at a tire center that has the road force balance machine to see if that fixes the problem.

My f350 came with Goodyear Wranglers that really vibrated at 66 mph. Dealership said the two back tires would not balance within spec. and ordered two replacement tires under warranty. This sat uneasy with me because what kind of a tire is a Goodyear Wrangler if 50 percent of their tires can't be balanced?, and what's going to happen when I rotate the front tires to the back? Haven't got my replacement tires yet because the dealership received the wrong tires the first time. To be honest I don't expect high end tire on my basic model truck and will most likely upgrade sooner than later.
I have heard of this a lot with Goodyears. You can't put enough weight on them to balance them. With the massive mark up on tires how can then let them slip by when they are that bad. My Dad used to work for Goodyear and said they make the tires for under $5.00 each. The law suits, liability and nature of that business cause the mark up.

I’ll be headed to the dealer shortly for it and keep you posted.

Reading over on another super duty forum 2020s some having drive line vibrations and need replacing!

See if the dealer will road force balance the tires for you. If they do not have the correct machine, might be worth paying a few bucks at a tire center that has the road force balance machine to see if that fixes the problem.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will most likely go this route if I still experience any vibration after the replacement tires get installed on Wednesday.
This way I will have some further evidence apart from my dealer if the Goodyears are the reason for the vibra
You bet, its in the ford truck entuhasist forum under 2017 and up super duty, 2020 driveline vibration .
Thanks for the information!

I had this issue on my short owned 2017 F250 King Ranch. That truck came Michelin Tires, and after 6 SETS of tires it was fine....the ride anyway. The truck sat lopsided, would chand lanes by letting the wheel go, lousy mileage, trans issues....at 4K miles, Ford bought it back... prorated for mileage of course...yep, I got hosed a bit.

I know of one other truck on here that reported a problem like yours.....if its not wheels and tires it is definitely drive shaft or u joint related...IMO

I got my two rear tires replaced under warranty and confirmed the dealership road forced balanced all 4 wheels. Truck definitely drives smoother than beforehand. I'll stay with the Goodyear tires for now, since they are under warranty I don't see a need to replace them just yet.

Back