Vermonster - official beginning and introduction.

Vermonster

Tremor Maniac
TOTM Winner
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Iconic Silver F-350 6.7 Tremor Lariat
Current Ride #2
Some BMWs, Some Subarus, Ducati 899 & Ducati 748 Mono
Hey there everyone!

First and foremost when it comes to trucks, I’m a GM guy. My family has always been GM truck people. I was actually preparing to buy a new BMW M3 to replace my current BMW 335i XDrive but BMW canceled European Delivery and designed the new M3 to look like a pig. So I’ll keep the 335i longer and finish my building my modded 1974 BMW 2002.

Anyway...trucks. Wellllllll.....I drove both the GM 3500 Denali/AT4 and the Tremor (Lariat) and the answer is crystal clear. While both are good trucks - the Ford took my heart quick! At first it was the looks, and then it was the functionality.

From that point on I joined this forum and began my research. I could not have done what I did without many of your help. This build is perfect for me.

On Tuesday I pulled the trigger on a 2022 Iconic Silver F-350 Lariat Tremor black pkg with the dirty beastly 6.7. I have a long and boring “buying soon” thread that went on forever, and was actually started in anticipation of ordering a ‘21. I decided to wait for the ‘22, which makes my technology glands swell.

I packed this truck with so many options (like everything - oh my) and some Ford accessories (folding hard bed cover, hood guard, and warn winch).

I ended up paying below invoice using xplan from Mustang Club of America at a local vermont Ford dealer (Brattleboro Ford - sales person was Maurice Pushee...no kidding on the last name). Maurice was a class act no BS sales person. We had a lot of conversations about other subjects. Buying the truck was easy. I had 6 other dealers working on this, but no one in my area could even get to invoice. It was, “we will use x-plan, but there is such a demand on these trucks we will need to charge an extra 1K” type of deal. Or some just sat at MSRP saying it was the chip shortage.

About me: I’m into hunting, DIY home projects, and landscaping. Professionally I work in Health Care and wear a suit - weird combo, ‘eh? I have a gorgeous wife with three beautiful kiddos. My wife and oldest daughter have horses and I have a tractor. I prefer the tractor.

I’m into shooting, hiking, triathlons, Ducati motorcycles, and BMWs as you read earlier.

I’ll toss some photos in Ironman’s sticky.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Josh

Last edited:
Awesome! We are close for the next few months and I too am into shooting and hiking. My 2021 (Couldn't wait for the technology haha) is being built up for overlanding. Once I get my tint on I'll post the build. Welcome and great choice IMHO!

Awesome! We are close for the next few months and I too am into shooting and hiking. My 2021 (Couldn't wait for the technology haha) is being built up for overlanding. Once I get my tint on I'll post the build. Welcome and great choice IMHO!
Awesome to hear!!! I am thinking some tint too! ?

Hey there everyone!

First and foremost when it comes to trucks, I’m a GM guy. My family has always been GM truck people. I was actually preparing to buy a new BMW M3 to replace my current BMW 335i XDrive but BMW canceled European Delivery and designed the new M3 to look like a pig. So I’ll keep the 335i longer and finish my building my modded 1974 BMW 2002.

Anyway...trucks. Wellllllll.....I drove both the GM 3500 Denali/AT4 and the Tremor (Lariat) and the answer is crystal clear. While both are good trucks - the Ford took my heart quick! At first it was the looks, and then it was the functionality.

From that point on I joined this forum and began my research. I could not have done what I did without many of your help. This build is perfect for me.

On Tuesday I pulled the trigger on a 2022 Iconic Silver F-350 Lariat Tremor black pkg with the dirty beastly 6.7. I have a long and boring “buying soon” thread that went on forever, and was actually started in anticipation of ordering a ‘21. I decided to wait for the ‘22, which makes my technology glands swell.

I packed this truck with so many options (like everything - oh my) and some Ford accessories (folding hard bed cover, hood guard, and warn winch).

I ended up paying below invoice using xplan from Mustang Club of America at a local vermont Ford dealer (Brattleboro Ford - sales person was Maurice Pushee...no kidding on the last name). Maurice was a class act no BS sales person. We had a lot of conversations about other subjects. Buying the truck was easy. I had 6 other dealers working on this, but no one in my area could even get to invoice. It was, “we will use x-plan, but there is such a demand on these trucks we will need to charge an extra 1K” type of deal. Or some just sat at MSRP saying it was the chip shortage.

About me: I’m into hunting, DIY home projects, and landscaping. Professionally I work in Health Care and wear a suit - weird combo, ‘eh? I have a gorgeous wife with three beautiful kiddos. My wife and oldest daughter have horses and I have a tractor. I prefer the tractor.

I’m into shooting, hiking, triathlons, Ducati motorcycles, and BMWs as you read earlier.

Josh
My first car was a 1974 2002tii. I wish I still had it. I just ordered my truck last week. Good luck with your new truck.

Hey there everyone!

Josh
Welcome! I’ve always been into motorcycles too, bikes of all kinds. Right now I’m “between“ bikes but I have my mind and my heart set on a BMW as my next bike. I’ve always wanted a GS so I’m wanting to get a new R1250 GSA. Hopefully in the next 12 months, I‘ve ridden some when I worked part time at a BMW bike dealer and they are amazing street bikes, in addition to what they can do off-road.

Looking forward to seeing your truck build. Mine is still a work in progress but I’ve enjoyed it for the last 13 months now! ????

Welcome! I’ve always been into motorcycles too, bikes of all kinds. Right now I’m “between“ bikes but I have my mind and my heart set on a BMW as my next bike. I’ve always wanted a GS so I’m wanting to get a new R1250 GSA. Hopefully in the next 12 months, I‘ve ridden some when I worked part time at a BMW bike dealer and they are amazing street bikes, in addition to what they can do off-road.

Looking forward to seeing your truck build. Mine is still a work in progress but I’ve enjoyed it for the last 13 months now! ????
20210317_080916.jpg

2016 gs 1200 a:
This has been one amazing machine both on and off road I toss my boxes and my girl then 450 miles later we find adventures in moab ? I wasn't a huge BMW car fan.. but man they make nice adventure bike

Last edited:
My first car was a 1974 2002tii. I wish I still had it. I just ordered my truck last week. Good luck with your new truck.
Oh man. Those tii’s are sweet! What an amazing first car!! This 2002 will have a 6 speed and S65 (M3 V8) in it. So it’s a slow project due to modifications and cash flow. I hope to have the chassis sorted this year. I’m also looking for a totaled 2009-2013 M3 to take the drivetrain from.
Thank you for the welcome!

I’d love a GS. I want to do a cross country ride sometime. That’s what I’d do it on. So much fun, but that’s the bike to have.

Im envious.

Youre gonna have 3 HD trucks all new and two sportscars?

Dayumm business must be boomin LOL
Hahaha! No no no. Sorry. I freaking wish!

Maybe I was confusing on the way I wrote it. I test drove the other two HD trucks because I’m typically a GM guy. I don’t own any other trucks right now.

I passed on the new BMW (because I didn’t love it) and I’ll wait for the next model revision. So only one new truck and keeping my 10 year old BMW, and old ‘74 with the bikes. ?

View attachment 23313
2016 gs 1200 a:
This has been one amazing machine both on and off road I toss my boxes and my girl then 450 miles later we find adventures in moab ? I wasn't a huge BMW can fan.. but man they make nice adventure bike
Love that bike!

Really nice post, congratulations on the order, should serve you well on the green mountain.
Thank you!! I cannot wait for deer camp this year in the green mountains! I hope I can put something in the bed. Thank you for the kind words!

Welcome to the forum @Vermonster ? Congrats on the 2022 Tremor order! (y)
Thank you so much! I know I was annoying with my extra long shopping process. But they dealers tolerated me. ?

Hey there everyone!

Josh
Welcome Josh, looks like you ordered a wonderful beast and am sure will be every bit worth the wait! Im an avid hunter, shooter as well, and ride a 2001 Indian Scout. Glad you joined the group!

Welcome to the club my man. I preceded you in the “order and wait” line by a few thousand people. Good luck with the waiting game and try not to buy too mods before you even get your beast. I failed miserably in that department, but I wish you luck in attempting to avoid the same fate. Lots of great people in the Tremor family here. If you can’t find it somewhere in past threads, ask away. I rarely see a question unanswered on here. ???

Back