Cutting It Loose In My Silver Spruce
TOTM Winner
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 6.7 F250 Super Duty Tremor Lariat Ultimate BAP
Current Ride #2
2022 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days
In this day and age of political correctness and easily offended snowflakes, this may not be the best thread to start, but here goes anyway. I’m the kind of person who generally assigns genders and names to inanimate objects such as trucks, motorcycle’s, tractors, etc. For whatever reason, I almost always give my trucks female names. I had an ‘87 Jeep Wrangler named Sarah, and a ‘97 GMC Sonoma named Christine. I didn’t name my last truck, but my Tremor is just calling me for a name. I’ve already been referring to my truck as her, so I think I’m leaning towards Lucy.
7A6A2451-5BA7-4A70-BACD-17FF8E35B6C1.jpeg

I would love to hear about what all of you do, or if I’m just a complete lunatic for doing this. ???

I don't get too attached to things and always felt weird about giving "Real" names to inanimate objects. I guess it's just the German in me that's too rational about moving metal pieces to call them by a woman's name. However, I think Lucy might be a good choice if I had to make it...

I don't think it's weird to name inanimate object. I had some weird names given to my vehicles in the past. My first car was named Mulva, for example. And no, I never named another car Delores.

I have nothing against people naming their cars all boy or all girl names. I think it's just personal preference. I, for one, mix it up a bit depending on the type of car. Mulva was a pretty, er, feminine looking car (Boston Green E36), so the name was fitting. The Tremor right now will probably be named Ted. Just a very unassuming name for a testosterone filled vehicle. Well, I could also go with "Big Dick" as a dig to myself, but nah.

I don’t give my cars names but usually think of them as female. Spend lots of money on accessories and cosmetic products. Even get jewelry (chains) for the 4x4s. My wife jokes I just need to spend more on her than the 4 wheeled mistress when buying accessories.

In this day and age of political correctness and easily offended snowflakes, this may not be the best thread to start, but here goes anyway. I’m the kind of person who generally assigns genders and names to inanimate objects such as trucks, motorcycle’s, tractors, etc. For whatever reason, I almost always give my trucks female names. I had an ‘87 Jeep Wrangler named Sarah, and a ‘97 GMC Sonoma named Christine. I didn’t name my last truck, but my Tremor is just calling me for a name. I’ve already been referring to my truck as her, so I think I’m leaning towards Lucy. View attachment 9028
I would love to hear about what all of you do, or if I’m just a complete lunatic for doing this. ???
Kids and wife named the star white tremor Pearl

In this day and age of political correctness and easily offended snowflakes, this may not be the best thread to start, but here goes anyway. I’m the kind of person who generally assigns genders and names to inanimate objects such as trucks, motorcycle’s, tractors, etc. For whatever reason, I almost always give my trucks female names. I had an ‘87 Jeep Wrangler named Sarah, and a ‘97 GMC Sonoma named Christine. I didn’t name my last truck, but my Tremor is just calling me for a name. I’ve already been referring to my truck as her, so I think I’m leaning towards Lucy.

Powder (he/it) is non-binary. He doesn’t like being categorized but submits to one traditional gender term to not offend those in its presence.

Never gave it much thought, but now considering naming it Bob. I have a Wife, 3 daughters and a female dog that abuse me daily. Bob never gives me any shit, and he is always happy to go shooting or drag my boat to the ramp. If Bob ever breaks or gives me trouble, I will change his name to Lisa.

In this day and age of political correctness and easily offended snowflakes, this may not be the best thread to start, but here goes anyway. I’m the kind of person who generally assigns genders and names to inanimate objects such as trucks, motorcycle’s, tractors, etc. For whatever reason, I almost always give my trucks female names. I had an ‘87 Jeep Wrangler named Sarah, and a ‘97 GMC Sonoma named Christine. I didn’t name my last truck, but my Tremor is just calling me for a name. I’ve already been referring to my truck as her, so I think I’m leaning towards Lucy. View attachment 9028
i call mine chad :)
Just a frat dude name lol

I don't think it's weird to name inanimate object. I had some weird names given to my vehicles in the past. My first car was named Mulva, for example. And no, I never named another car Delores.

I have nothing against people naming their cars all boy or all girl names. I think it's just personal preference. I, for one, mix it up a bit depending on the type of car. Mulva was a pretty, er, feminine looking car (Boston Green E36), so the name was fitting. The Tremor right now will probably be named Ted. Just a very unassuming name for a testosterone filled vehicle. Well, I could also go with "Big Dick" as a dig to myself, but nah.
I should have clarified, given how sensitive this convention is to some, that “I personally” find it weird, but absolutely do respect the people and names given nevertheless. Quite literally, I think @Sludgemonkey44 is still a fine gentleman even if he would name his Tremor “Kamala”.

Well ww have had a blessed year! 2020 Tremor. 2020 Explorer ST. 2020 Beautiful Baby Girl!

Attachments

• 45DFF973-F796-4FC8-948F-366FE0079F9F.jpeg
    45DFF973-F796-4FC8-948F-366FE0079F9F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • AB10DCF4-8E47-4D56-A313-EC4EB4617A44.jpeg
    AB10DCF4-8E47-4D56-A313-EC4EB4617A44.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 65
  • C2EBAE7F-39A5-45AC-BA21-2F0DD5533228.jpeg
    C2EBAE7F-39A5-45AC-BA21-2F0DD5533228.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61

Latest Discussions

Back