Military
Army
Current Ride
21 f350 7.3
Current Ride #2
05 ford f150
First Responder
TN state park ranger
Looking at ordering a 350 6.7 lariat with the sports package/black out. Need help deciding between value and ultimate package leaning towards the value package as I don’t think I would use the tailgate step and don’t need the navigation. For you guys that have ordered which way did you go and why? Also is the front camera only available with the pro trailer backup package? TIA

The ultimate package has nothing I wanted over the value package... Except it is required for radar cruise. :mad:

I like the LED and push button start of the ultimate. When you order over a $70k vehicle they should be standard.

I also like nav, it’s cool when camping or off-road with no cell signal.

Looking at ordering a 350 6.7 lariat with the sports package/black out. Need help deciding between value and ultimate package leaning towards the value package as I don’t think I would use the tailgate step and don’t need the navigation. For you guys that have ordered which way did you go and why? Also is the front camera only available with the pro trailer backup package? TIA
Won't use the tailgate step.....what are you like 7 feet 7 inches tall......the open tailgate hits me in the chest.

I like the LED and push button start of the ultimate. When you order over a $70k vehicle they should be standard.

I also like nav, it’s cool when camping or off-road with no cell signal.

which LEDs as I thought the sports package came withLEDs headlights and if I have I have to order The pro trailer backup I think it comes withLEDs in the 3rd break light. This will be the first Vechicle I have ever ordered so just trying to get it right

Won't use the tailgate step.....what are you like 7 feet 7 inches tall......the open tailgate hits me in the chest.
Lol nope I’m a short guy at only 6ft but never needed a step before but then again I’m used to f150s so might use it more then I think I would

Lol nope I’m a short guy at only 6ft but never needed a step before but then again I’m used to f150s so might use it more then I think I would
Just based on the differences between the and the price it seems like the ultimate is the better deal. You may not want nav but at some point in the future when you sell, the person buying may want it so that alone would help resale value. I did the value but added nav just b/c it seems like most cars these days come with it. I'm surprised it's not a standard option on vehicles today at this point.

which LEDs as I thought the sports package came withLEDs headlights and if I have I have to order The pro trailer backup I think it comes withLEDs in the 3rd break light. This will be the first Vechicle I have ever ordered so just trying to get it right
My bad, skipped your sports/black package order. Yes led come with that.

You will, I’m 6 foot and didn’t go with the step because I thought I would never use it. Well, after owning it for 45 days it is the only thing I regret not ordering and I’m not even in and out of the bed that much.

Ultimate!!!!! I got my price under invoice and all the options were discounted as well so why not?

Ultimate. Push button start is great. I don’t use the step much getting in, but stepping out with something in your hands, it comes in handy.

I have a platinum so I'm not exactly sure the differences in the value and ultimate, but the tailgate step is very useful and I love the push button/intelligent access.

My driveway slopes down at a sharp angle....But I have to be honest I need a step stool to get to the bed step....the back of these trucks are high!

The ultimate package has nothing I wanted over the value package... Except it is required for radar cruise. :mad:

This was super annoying. I didn't care for push button start or Nav but would of easily forked over the money for the radar cruise.
I had the same dilemma with the sport package i liked the LED headlights and the look but I wanted a white truck and I didnt want to go over 65K. Star white + Sport just made it look better but didn't add any functional benefit for the $3500 (ill replace the bulbs with high output LEDs).

I ended up going value and non sport. Things started adding up too quickly i wanted to be out the door with X plan for around 60K ended up at 61800. (X-Plan) I also really wanted the moonroof and the front camera those were important too me.

I attached my build. Truck is shipping to be here in 14 days. So excited.

Attachments

• windowsticker.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 270
By no means am I rich or even upper tier of well off.

However when I built this truck, I had the intention of keeping it for a while.

I wanted the truck I wanted, and didnt care what it cost to get it.

I almost pulled the trigger on a NON Sport, and the wife knows me so well she said if I did that I would prolly be wanting another truck in a year because I didnt get what I really wanted. And she is RIGHT.

Had I not got the options I wanted I would have no doubt been thinking in the back of my mind "Damn I shoulda spent the Extra $4k".and got what I wanted.

I guess everyone has their own definition of "Value" And what is important to them.

This was super annoying. I didn't care for push button start or Nav but would of easily forked over the money for the radar cruise.
I had the same dilemma with the sport package i liked the LED headlights and the look but I wanted a white truck and I didnt want to go over 65K. Star white + Sport just made it look better but didn't add any functional benefit for the $3500 (ill replace the bulbs with high output LEDs).

I ended up going value and non sport. Things started adding up too quickly i wanted to be out the door with X plan for around 60K ended up at 61800. (X-Plan) I also really wanted the moonroof and the front camera those were important too me.

I attached my build. Truck is shipping to be here in 14 days. So excited.
When you say out the door at 61800, you mean with taxes and title, etc? If so, do you remember what you got the truck for before taxes, title, etc?

I’m looking at a build very similar to yours, and with an MSRP around $66k, just wondering what you got your truck for (before taxes) with Xplan.

I did the same, but went Ultimate!! IMO great options and it comes with LED lights. I skipped the black package. Figured I can do this later

Back