Upgrading exhaust and muffler

Dsimons

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 King Ranch Tremor 7.3 Gasser
What are people’s thoughts on muffler and exhaust mods, looking for some not to much throaty tones and some performance increase

If you're talking about the 7.3, I would wait 6 months. Everyone just got their hands on these motors and is scrambling to get stuff to market. Better choices after summer, IMO.

I had almost all brands on different trucks and cars over the years. I would wait for 304 Stainless Steel system. Stay away from the 409 stainless or aluminum coated ones. The thickness and grade of the stainless steel matters and will give better sound quality. I am a big fan of Borla and Corsa they are expensive but they fit very well give you great hardware. The finish, look and sound are awesome. I have a Borla on my Raptor V-8 and it sounds great. Loud but not too loud for driving around. Had an AFE on my Jeep Rubicon and it was 409 stainless sounded ricey and the brackets were poorly bent so the system grounded out on the frame. Nasty rattle. Borla came out with a similar system and purchased it and swapped it out. Much better fit, no rattles and it sounds tough like you would expect a Jeep Rubicon to sound. Plus its shiny 304 grade stainless. The 1 year 409 stainless from AFE was all crusty looking and the clamps they gave me nearly fell apart when I removed them. Bottom line you get what you pay for. I'm jealous of you 7.3 guys, I doubt I will get much for the 6.7 outside a fancy tip.

Thanks much, great advice to wait,, i am just pumped to put a couple of upgrades on it. Rigid lights are going in now and will have to wait for K&N cold air intake

My vote would also be for Borla and Corsa. Both companies have outstanding reputations for high quality exhaust systems.

Reviving this older thread. MBRP has come out with a pro series 304ss exhaust. Cost was decent and sounded good! Thoughts? I saw it on another site and thought to mention it to you guys!

I’m interested in doing a cat back. I have had them before on other gas pick ups I have had. I emailed MBRP to see if I purchased the pro series if they would switch the tip to their black 304 tip. I currently have a black tip, so it would go with my sport package!

Any link to the site it was on?

I want to build a set of 321 stainless headers and y pipe. Would anyone be interested in a complete system?

I read on FTE were someone installed the black exhaust (which is not 304ss). He had a vid of start up and sound.
As far as product, it’s on MBRP’s site. About $650 for the pro series all 304ss.

MBRP just emailed back that I have to purchase the black tip separate if I want it to match my sport blacked out look.

The black MBRP specifically says not to use it in climates where salt and harsh winters are prevalent.

They do offer a 304 stainless system.

They do offer a 304 stainless system.
304 is worth it! I would go MBRP if it was 304 SS, But I would want to hear it first and make sure no Drone!
The MBRP on my 2005 Cummins had a drone when you got up to freeway speeds. Was gone with a heavy trailer or if you go 90......;)

I'm also waiting for Borla and Corsa. They are good at what they do.

What are everyone’s thoughts? At MBRP the pro series is $644.50 , their discount is 10% which brings it down to $580.

Im ordering it today. Cant beat the cost and anyone who has used it says good things.

Im ordering it today. Cant beat the cost and anyone who has used it says good things.
Order code for the discount is mbrp10! Not bad for the price! The fellow that mentioned it on another thread said you have to lift the back end by the hitch in order to snake out the old exhaust if you want to keep it.

you bet! That’s what this community is all about!

I ordered the pro series this morning with a 15% discount. It came to about $548 with a free T shirt. Not to bad and give me something to do while I’m “stay at home”

This stay at home thing can get expensive!

Big dog, that sounds nice! Where I live there are not many performance or exhaust shops. So it’s either hack it up in my backyard or buy one. My welding shills suck, so buy one is the way to go!

Back