Upgraded Seats

stryker6040

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Tremor 6.7 Lariat Star White
Has anyone attempted to install upgraded seats from lets say a 2017 to 2020 f150 or raptor? I have a 22 lariat and the front seats are less than stellar on long trips. Was wondering if their was some better options out there that have been explored.

I have no affiliation with these folks, but I did just (literally less than an hour ago) install them to hopefully help with my lower back pain I get after about an hour of driving. They have a lot of positive reviews and the installation took less than 15 minutes.

Mickey

This helped my leg pain immensely. IIRC, I used the 1.5” ones to make the seat base angle more parallel.

This helped my leg pain immensely. IIRC, I used the 1.5” ones to make the seat base angle more parallel.

Serious question here, what do these accomplish that the factory adjustable (at least in the Lariat and up) trucks wont? I am 6'2" (and long torso) so maybe I am a fringe case, but I have zero issues getting my seats set to where my head is nearly hitting the headliner if I want. My preferred driving position is with my eyes centered in the top 1/3 of the windshield, which I've had no issue doing in my trucks.

Serious question here, what do these accomplish that the factory adjustable (at least in the Lariat and up) trucks wont? I am 6'2" (and long torso) so maybe I am a fringe case, but I have zero issues getting my seats set to where my head is nearly hitting the headliner if I want. My preferred driving position is with my eyes centered in the top 1/3 of the windshield, which I've had no issue doing in my trucks.
The factory adjustments won’t change the base angle enough to be parallel and more like old trucks. Government mandated angle change to mitigate body from sliding underneath dash area.

I've run Seat Jackers in nearly every Toyota/Lexus vehicle I have owned, they do help and this is coming from someone with a bad back and hip. The seats in my '23 Lariat Ultimate are worlds better than any Toyota/Lexus seat I've ever owned.

The recommended driver posture is the hips in line with the knees. For avg height people, in newer vehicles with the NHTSA mandated seat pan angle, requires adding 1" spacers under the rear of the seat. Adding spacers under the front of the seat is the opposite of what car insurance companies, tire companies, chiropractors and osteopaths, from around the world, recommend. I am a hobbyist that makes them and have had nothing but 100% positive reviews for the past 5 years. I have supporting reviews from chiropractor customers that recommend mine to patients. Don't drink the "jackers" koolade and don't pay them $50 for rear jackers when mine are $20 cheaper. Been making these years longer than any competitors and I am the only one with chiropractor input. I made front ones 1st and had horrible results so I trashed the whole front spacer idea. Not looking for sales. Just do a google search before wasting your money on something not ergonomic.

Attachments

• seat_height_and_inclination mod.jpg
    seat_height_and_inclination mod.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 53
This is why the massaging seats are nice. They are perfect for that long travel stuff. A lot of people talk trash about them but they def help with bloodflow and the better lumbar adjustments allow for the old folks (ie me) to hit that seat heat in spots. I just wish you could divorce or select where the heat can go (ie turn off the back or turn off the bottom like we can do in my wife's x6)

I have to agree with M. Bevilaqua. My Lariat Ultimate seats are absolutely sublime. I LOVE them, and would say they are the single biggest upgrade over GM trucks I am used to. If I could have the lumbar go up and down, that would be a real cherry on top. At 5'-7", I am certainly shorter than the average guy driving one. I only wish I could drop my lumbar support 1/2" - 1", and then it would be perfect. Still, I am more than pleased. Longest trip so far is 2.5 hours and I did not move at all. I certainly recall repositioning a lot in my old AT4 seats.

The recommended driver posture is the hips in line with the knees. For avg height people, in newer vehicles with the NHTSA mandated seat pan angle, requires adding 1" spacers under the rear of the seat. Adding spacers under the front of the seat is the opposite of what car insurance companies, tire companies, chiropractors and osteopaths, from around the world, recommend. I am a hobbyist that makes them and have had nothing but 100% positive reviews for the past 5 years. I have supporting reviews from chiropractor customers that recommend mine to patients. Don't drink the "jackers" koolade and don't pay them $50 for rear jackers when mine are $20 cheaper. Been making these years longer than any competitors and I am the only one with chiropractor input. I made front ones 1st and had horrible results so I trashed the whole front spacer idea. Not looking for sales. Just do a google search before wasting your money on something not ergonomic.
The incorrect way is much more fun though 🤪

Back