TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor 6.7 Blue Jean - 2012 F150 5.0 -
Current Ride #2
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
So this is a mixed thread but some people can use the cameras, most of us can't use our cameras and i have found 2 different methods to get the cameras to work,

After looking at how the harness works you have to use this harness you can't just close a circuit or open one to get the cameras to work .... it sucks but $300 or $350 is the best method

Reading through the features, the Navik module is the only one that lists the auto mirror cam with turn signal. Nice to see that these are starting to be out for the 20's and newer. Thanks for the links.
yea i saw that and makes you question is the extra $50 worth that one feature .... i wish i had a wiring diagram and see how it works ... and not have to pay for this

yea i saw that and makes you question is the extra $50 worth that one feature .... i wish i had a wiring diagram and see how it works ... and not have to pay for this
CANOpener reads as if it only unlocks forward camera views as well so Naviks may be worth the $50 more. The cargo cam in motion is totally worth the extra coin for me. Might have to give this a shot.

This guys radio apparently lets you do it

yea its the sync 3 that not lets you ... i am surprised no one has figured out a software .... but it may be because it can cause a crash and it may be completely locked out like the airbag system is

CANOpener reads as if it only unlocks forward camera views as well so Naviks may be worth the $50 more. The cargo cam in motion is totally worth the extra coin for me. Might have to give this a shot.
so the only thing is .... i belive this was created before 360 cameras when common, i will do more research but if you disable motion the cameras will work as if they are at stand still

This is the best i seen so far. I believe it was posted else where on this forum.

I ordered the Navik NK-1306 unit for my truck last weekend, it arrived today and I got it installed. I had emailed Navik to ensure that this was all I needed for the use that I wanted - primarily side view camera on screen with turn signals, the other features were a bonus to me. Took me about an hour total to install it, but I also spent time to rearrange the top row of buttons while I had the bezel off.

Install was straightforward and simple. The picture on the website does not match what you receive. It is two sets of pass through harnesses and the module. One set goes to the back of the touchscreen and the other is to the module that is mounted behind the touchscreen.

From the get-go, screen will display the rear side view on the screen with the turn signals and activation is fairly fast.
One tap on the camera button will turn on the front cameras - you can then use the mode selector to change what front setting is default for that ignition round. Another tap shuts the cameras off. - This option does give a little delay
Double tap the camera button will turn on the rear cameras - you can then use the mode selector to change what front setting is default for that ignition round. Another tap shuts the cameras off. - This option does give a little delay
Access the GPS menu for entering a destination, press and hold the camera button for about 7 seconds and the data entry lock is disabled

I liked the fact that I did not have mess with any settings in Forscan to get this to work and it was less expensive than the other nav-in-motion module.

I have only played with the settings in the driveway for a few minutes and then a quick 5 minute drive. Will update if I find anything that I don't like about it.

Erik

I’m interested in rearranging the top buttons. Did you just switch the plug connections out and move the buttons? I would love for the camera button to be closest to me.
Here is the link to the post where I got the idea:

It was simple as can be:

1 - pop cover off center dash speaker
2 - remove two screws and pop off dash tray
3 - remove two screws and you can now start to remove bezel
4 - unplug the 3 button sets along the top of the bezel (this will give you room to move the bezel around and trim)
5 - the buttons slide forward when you remove them by pressing in the side clips
6 - decide where you want the buttons to go, slide them in and see what needs to be trimmed off the open on the bezel.
- there will be a small piece on the bottom that will need to be trimmed and then the clips are different sizes and adjusted up and down to make it so they are idiot proof for one spot. I just trimmed along the side of the opening to get them to fit
- once you have it apart and look at it, it is pretty self-explanatory.

Hope that helps - I hated having to reach all the way across to the camera button, no more for me :)

Erik

My cargo cam in motion works while driving at speed factory hitch prep package and my brother truck does not. His prep hitch installed by dealer maybe that’s the difference why some work and others not

My cargo cam in motion works while driving at speed factory hitch prep package and my brother truck does not. His prep hitch installed by dealer maybe that’s the difference why some work and others not
Same as mine. I have the 5th wheel prep kit. Turn it on while moving and it stays on until I fully stop. Appears it will also work the same for the remote trailer camera. Press the camera button second time when driving and it switches to the aux camera input. I’ll be testing that one in a few weeks on my trailer.

What about the side cameras when directional is turned on? Or overhead 360 view when driving? Or front camera when driving above 5 mph?
Same as previous years from what I've seen so far with my truck. Actually the bed camera seems to be the only one that I can leave on while in motion (over 5mph). However I'm still messing around and learning.

Last edited:
My rear camera works while in motion on my 2022 with sync4
how did you get your bed cam to work while in motion? mine cuts off after like 5mph. The whole reason I got the CHSML camera was to see the bed while driving incase something got loose I could see what it was. I do not have 5th wheel prep.

Latest Discussions

Back