Upfitter Switches

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, haven't been on the site for a while. I mounted everything under the cab, passenger side. I had to fabricate the mounting brackets myself. Then, instead of using the std ARB intake filter, I ran the intake line up & into the truck's air filter box. The silver sending unit on the back of the tank is for an in-cab gauge (haven't figured out a clean place to mount the gauge yet). The black piece next to it is the hose connector covered by a black rubber finger protector to keep dirt out.View attachment 24102View attachment 24103View attachment 24104View attachment 24105
Install looks great; thanks for sharing!!!

I use the first switch as an accessory enable. It is connected to a 300 Amp solenoid in the engine bay. The solenoid provides power to the winch and whatever else I want to get power directly from the battery like the CB and HAM radio. The second switch powers my light bar, and 5 and 6 power the transfer pump and air compressor.

It is really nice to have these switches so well integrated with the truck.

Anyone know how to setup your switch to open tailgate? I did not find anything in the forums anywhere and I have also did a quick Google search. Closest thing I can find is for a Raptor.

Anyone know how to setup your switch to open tailgate? I did not find anything in the forums anywhere and I have also did a quick Google search. Closest thing I can find is for a Raptor.
Don't you have one of these?
2021-05-13 16.29.19.jpg

I could be VERY wrong, but I’d be willing to bet you could get the switch, and find the empty plug under the dash to connect it… mass production means lots of features exist already, just not enabled…. BUT the power lock in the tailgate might also be missing….

FWIW, an old trick from sn95 mustangs was to use the harness for the convertible top to power the fog lights separately from headlights… in hardtop cars, so it’s worth a look to find out what may exist and just doesn’t have a switch

BUT the power lock in the tailgate might also be missing
I think this is exactly it. My understanding is that XLT and XL have a mechanical tailgate latch, Lariat and up have an electric one which allows for the remote deployment. So even if the wiring is there, you would have to swap out the tailgate first.

I think this is exactly it. My understanding is that XLT and XL have a mechanical tailgate latch, Lariat and up have an electric one which allows for the remote deployment. So even if the wiring is there, you would have to swap out the tailgate first.
Would it be the whole tail gate, and not just opening the access panel and replacing a lock too?

(Asking from genuine curiosity, not argumentative)

Would it be the whole tail gate, and not just opening the access panel and replacing a lock too?

(Asking from genuine curiosity, not argumentative)
The handle assembly is different as well. But still possible you could replace everything except the sheet metal? Don’t know for sure.

The handle assembly is different as well. But still possible you could replace everything except the sheet metal? Don’t know for sure.
Ahhh.. good call out, had not considered the handle assembly. Is it not push button on the xlt trucks? Traditional pull handle?

Ahhh.. good call out, had not considered the handle assembly. Is it not push button on the xlt trucks? Traditional pull handle?
Yep. Arguably a perk since you can’t open the tailgate with a button if the battery is dead. :p

At the moment, just radar detector on #1.

Have it mounted on my mirror with the wiring hidden. Easier to hit the switch vs reaching to turn it on and off. (Little access to hit the power button once snugged up tight against the mirror)

Last edited:
Last edited:
AUX 1 Uniden SDS200 Scanner with GPS
AUX 2 Yaesu FTM-400XDR/DE Dual Band Transceiver
AUX 3 Garmin DriveSmart 51 LMT-5
AUX 4 Vantop H612T Mirror Dash Cam with GPS

Can you tell me where you placed it? Did you also add a tank? Did you have to add a relay? Thanks
I mounted my Viair & tank on the frame rail passenger side, both fit under the two doors, wired to my upfitter switch, no additional relay other than the one that came with the compressor / tank kit. I did have to make brackets & mounts myself, ran the intake line into the stock airbox

Attachments

• air1 (1).jpg
    air1 (1).jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 27
  • air1 (3).jpg
    air1 (3).jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Air (4).jpg
    Air (4).jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Sure I'm open to a Crowder type change my mind.

Go ahead and PM me why you think a train horn is needed on a road vehicle.
This is no different than bigotry. You believe someone who has an opposite opinion on "x", is scum. People like you are scum. You project your opinion as fact somehow, and, and anyone who doesn't agree are scum or below human. I personally feel that people like you are anti-freedom and a threat to a free society. You belong in Nazi Germany where everything that Hitler felt was wrong, became illegal and anyone who felt different were scum and below human, so he imprisoned and executed them. You have a right to to feel however you want. You don't have a right to dehumanize others who don't feel the same. You are small minded and now I think I will put an air horn on my truck that plays Dixie Land just to piss you off and bring me great joy by knowing I have done so.

Last edited:
Back