Upfitter Switches

Tentatively, this is my plan…

1. 25: air horn (turns on with main horn using this harness: https://limitlessautoworksllc.com/products/horn-integration-harness)
  2. 25: air compressor https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/viair-continuous-duty-onboard-air-system-20002/_/R-BKTN-20002?ppcfon=1&gp=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SC Shopping - NTM Desktop&ecmp=s:google_1751570118_77005495868__pla-694255154293&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI19PO482k8AIVs8mUCR23egAuEAQYASABEgIll_D_BwE
  3. 25: front hood flood lights + light bar (total 15-20 amps) - useful in remote areas
  4. 25: maybe hi idle. Not sure I need it.
  5. 40: (always hot) reverse flood lights double bars (about 6 amps) - useful when setting up rv campsites at dusk/night
  6. 40: (always hot) strobe system (zflash) - useful when inevitably coming across trash in the road that needs to be picked up.

Last edited:
You train horn people are scum... Personal opinion and go ahead and flame me for it. No reason to have a 110+db horn on your vehicle. It's a dick move and you know it.
You’re allowed to have an opinion. That being said… interesting that you consider me scum having never met me. Want to grab a beer and actually get to know each other?

You’re allowed to have an opinion. That being said… interesting that you consider me scum having never met me. Want to grab a beer and actually get to know each other?
Sure I'm open to a Crowder type change my mind.

Go ahead and PM me why you think a train horn is needed on a road vehicle.

You sir are a hero.
I always appreciate when someone else moves trash that I might hit... happy to do my part! The last time I stopped I pulled into a ditch and started running back into the road. Simultaneously, another truck just hit his hazards and stopped in the road to help. Pretty cool to see the community pitching in to help I think!

You train horn people are scum... Personal opinion and go ahead and flame me for it. No reason to have a 110+db horn on your vehicle. It's a dick move and you know it.
LOL you know life is good when what gets someone riled is a horn another is contemplating installing.

LOL you know life is good when what gets someone riled is a horn another is contemplating installing.
You know, someone told me just this week that life is short and we need to enjoy every day! ??

You know, someone told me just this week that life is short and we need to enjoy every day! ??
Oh I'm definitely enjoying life lately. I've made more money during this shutdown do to demand than I ever have. I just think people with train horns are only doing it for the "scare" *cough* dick factor.

Oh I'm definitely enjoying life lately. I've made more money during this shutdown do to demand than I ever have. I just think people with train horns are only doing it for the "scare" *cough* dick factor.
A horn is just a tool... can be used for good or evil. I tell you what... if my wife has our truck at a gas station at night and someone approaches her with malevolent intentions, I sure hope she blasts that train horn like a scum bag! I get your point... people with big and loud things are sometimes obnoxious. I think that being kind, offering to help, smiling, and being generous are all the qualities we should want to be known for in our communities. I definitely want that to be my reputation. I do plan to hit the horn though for the next group of boys in the neighborhood that give me the "truck horn" signal as I drive by in the morning... you should see how happy they get when it happens. To sum it up, things don't make people scum; scumish people are just scummy.

I think the train horn that is tied into an upfitter switch where if upfitter is off it is a regular horn and if it is on is a train horn is a genius idea. I believe I read where someone did that in another thread. Sometimes a regular horn just isn’t enough for certain situations.

Sure I'm open to a Crowder type change my mind.

Go ahead and PM me why you think a train horn is needed on a road vehicle.

I don’t think this will change your mind, but how about some reasoning....

Signal companions 800-1500meters away across a canyon when camping/ target shooting on BLM land

Addition, not replacement for factory horn

It’s more akin to the same airhorn semi trucks use than an actual train horn

it’s fun when off road

when all else fails and some snowflake driver with the superpower of tunnel vision to NOT see my giant truck cuts me off and creates the dangerous situation, give em a little toot to awaken them from their la la land. A large majority of drivers in CA should NOT be on the road. A little audible correction can save lives. And yes, I have modified exhaust on both my bikes as well.

As tempted as I am by a train horn I can't bring myself to do it.
Mind you, if you piss me off enough I will tailgate you so that all
you gunna see in your rear view mirror is Da Big Ass Blue Oval.
And you might wanna think twice about trying sumpin' cute in
your POS ricer vs 8000 pounds of Grade A US steel, nawmean?
Did I mention you won't be the first idiot I've put into the center
divider and come away without a scratch?

OK, one was a big assed tree on a mountain road.
He was really asking for it. He really had no idea a Volvo
could do that shit! I sleep good at night.

"Are you feeling lucky today, punk?'

Back