Upfitter Switches

i see a few mentions of the Baja design lights. Anyone install the FogPocket kit from Baja Designs? i was looking at that one given that it works in two independent functions.

i see a few mentions of the Baja design lights. Anyone install the FogPocket kit from Baja Designs? i was looking at that one given that it works in two independent functions.
Try this link. https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/baja-designs-dual-fog-light-2020-2022.6648/

Ejection seats
roman-pearce-fast-and-furious2.gif

Looking at the owners manual, the only fuse I could find for the upfitter switches is only rated at 5 amps. I would have thought that each switch would have its own fuse. 5 amps over 6 switches isn’t much, yet when you look at the wires (assuming I am looking at the right wires) they look like they can handle a lot more than 5 amps. i couldn’t find any other information in the owners manual about the upfitter switches.

Looking at the owners manual, the only fuse I could find for the upfitter switches is only rated at 5 amps. I would have thought that each switch would have its own fuse. 5 amps over 6 switches isn’t much, yet when you look at the wires (assuming I am looking at the right wires) they look like they can handle a lot more than 5 amps. i couldn’t find any other information in the owners manual about the upfitter switches.
looking at the wrong place they are all individually fused.
1634155748763.png

I'd like to meet the person that put them in that order.
its probably a story like this: Well we started with the design for 1 2 3 and 4 and then we had 1 of 4 sides to put 5 and 6 on. And we couldn't mess with the mounting tabs on the bottom or the fuses on the right. And the project manager didn't want it any longer or pay fo us to re configure the existing set of 4 so 5 and 6 are slapped on top.

looking at the wrong place they are all individually fused.
View attachment 36567
Cheers. I don’t know where that is because in my manual there are 9 pages on fuses and what you posted isn’t there. All good though, I’ll use what you posted.

Cheers. I don’t know where that is because in my manual there are 9 pages on fuses and what you posted isn’t there. All good though, I’ll use what you posted.
That page isn't in with all of the other fuses (no idea why not). In the 22MY owner's manual that table is on page 619 under "Auxiliary Switches". Right near the end of the manual.

That page isn't in with all of the other fuses (no idea why not). In the 22MY owner's manual that table is on page 619 under "Auxiliary Switches". Right near the end of the manual.
Found it. I looked under fuses, circuit breakers and upfitter switches. Surprised they didn’t put in with summer holidays. Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Probably cause they are an option

Probably cause they are an option
Lots of fuses listed in the regular fuses section are for optional things, though. For example, everything to do with 4WD. Or the sliding rear window. Or heated mirrors. Or heated seats. Etc.

Now that I’ve found the section for the switches, it says that the wires are in the passenger side footwell. I thought they were in the engine bay. I found a bunch of wires which I thought were for the upfitter switches on the right hand side f the engine bay near the firewall. They were taped up together going nowhere. Now I’m a bit confused

Now that I’ve found the section for the switches, it says that the wires are in the passenger side footwell. I thought they were in the engine bay. I found a bunch of wires which I thought were for the upfitter switches on the right hand side f the engine bay near the firewall. They were taped up together going nowhere. Now I’m a bit confused
There's wires both in the passenger foot well and engine bay. You can use either depending on what's more convenient.

Back