upfitter switches versus interface module

stevejax

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 King Ranch
Current Ride #2
Jeep CJ-7
Does anyone know the difference between the upfitter switches and the interface module? Below is from my 2021 order and I have the switches (you can see that switches = true), but the JSON is also mentioning a interface module (module = false).

"attributes":{
"werscode":"JZJAG",
"BP2_PartDetails_Interior_Options":"Super Duty® offers available upfitter switches, located in an overhead console, for a variety of aftermarket accessories such as a winch, lights, strobes, two-way radio. They’re factory installed, so there’s no need to cut into the truck’s electrical system. Six switches include two 40-amp switches (ignition on or off) plus four 25-amp switches (ignition on).",
"BP2_Pages_Interior_Options_Parts":"display",
"BP2_PartDescriptions_Interior_Options":"Upfitter Switches",
"bp2PartImage":"2020_Ford_SuperDuty_J1/BP2/PARTINTOPT/136B520B-84E4-9E9E-4305-872743058727.jpg",
"description":"Upfitter Switches",
"isVisible":"true"

"attributes":{
"werscode":"JRSAA",
"description":"Upfitter Interface Module",
"isVisible":"false"

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm thinking I will not need that option.

"The Upfitter Interface Module (UIM) is an optional factory-installed device that easily allows a direct Controller Area Network programmable logic interface to control devices quickly and simply by using a laptop or notebook. With the complexity of vehicle electrical systems, upfitters need to properly and consistently connect their electrical equipment to a vehicle’s buses or ports. "

Latest Discussions

Back