Upfitter switches 5 & 6 can stay hot - mod

funnyman3000

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Miltary
US Army
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor

Just saw this video showing the mod. Still puzzled at how it works, but a cool trick nonetheless. Also saw the back seat storage trick, and a tap-and-hold trick on the key fob to make windows go down. Do all these still work on 2020s? In addition to all the ForScan stuff I'm learning, it's crazy how many hacks Ford hides. We should make a master thread.

Chris21667

Stilling Recovering my Jeeps
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor - 2012 F150 5.0 - 2018 Ford Edge
Current Ride #2
00 and 99 Jeep XJ

Just saw this video showing the mod. Still puzzled at how it works, but a cool trick nonetheless. Also saw the back seat storage trick, and a tap-and-hold trick on the key fob to make windows go down. Do all these still work on 2020s? In addition to all the ForScan stuff I'm learning, it's crazy how many hacks Ford hides. We should make a master thread.
Yes to all but you can't put your windows up ... Unlike other does vehicles and 5 and 6 can be on at all times for emergency vehicles or road work vehicles etc etc

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 and 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I did this on mine: 5 is for my air compressor - figured if I had a mechanical issue and wanted compressed air for air tools, it would be nice to have that and not have the truck in the "on mode", and then I added 12V sockets in the bed wired to 6 and wanted them to be hot without the truck on as well.

Easy to do. On our 2020 Tremors, the upfitter box is on the other side, but works the same way.

Ed

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge