Upfitter confusion

DMac

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Tremor
I realize this is probably already addressed but can't find it.

My '22 manual shows the upfitter switch fuse block has a max of 15 amps. WHat are you guys doing with high draw accessories?

Also, the locations of the wiring described in the manual is confusing. It talks about a "powered" set of wires (A) then locations for (B) under the hood and also in the footwell. All of this info is not consistent with the stuff I have seen in the forums.

What the hell?

Attachments

• Upfitter.pdf
    217.6 KB · Views: 218
I realize this is probably already addressed but can't find it.

My '22 manual shows the upfitter switch fuse block has a max of 15 amps. WHat are you guys doing with high draw accessories?

Also, the locations of the wiring described in the manual is confusing. It talks about a "powered" set of wires (A) then locations for (B) under the hood and also in the footwell. All of this info is not consistent with the stuff I have seen in the forums.

What the hell?
AND, the 2021 manual shows the switches with either a 25 or 40 amp circuit!

Attachments

• 2021 aux switches.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 159
I’ll be out working on my truck today (22MY) so if this hasn’t been addressed by then I’ll go look at the fuses and relays actually in the truck and see what they’re rated for.

Ok, they are definitely 25 amp and 40 amp fuses for the switches. Here’s a picture of the upfitter relay box on my truck and the backside of the lid for mapping fuse numbers. (again, 22MY).

EC67B2B4-405E-4280-9978-1BC14C6E9ECC.jpeg

3B1B317E-6F4F-45D9-84E6-AB58081B82E6.jpeg

I recommend using bulletin Q-252 as your reference. Everything I’m seeing on my truck matches that bulletin other than the fact the fuse box moved from the drivers side to the passenger side. Wire colors also match.

2DDBB433-7D13-4930-84D4-9FECBBBD4DA1.jpeg
Also, the upfitter wires I’ve seen have been under the hood next to the main fuse box. You can see a picture of them here (center of frame). I’ve also seen them in the passenger footwell immediately next to the fuse box.

Seems like the accessibility of these has been greatly improved from previous years based on some reports I’ve seen here on the forum.

I’ll be out working on my truck today (22MY) so if this hasn’t been addressed by then I’ll go look at the fuses and relays actually in the truck and see what they’re rated for.
please let me know what you find. I think the ones in the footwell are passthrough vs. actual upfitter connections.
Very cool option that is very poorly explained.

Thanks for the info you already have thrown out. Very helpful...

please let me know what you find. I think the ones in the footwell are passthrough vs. actual upfitter connections.
Very cool option that is very poorly explained.

Thanks for the info you already have thrown out. Very helpful...
And, are the #5 and #6 switched hot? The manual straight up says no but its clearly a POS in this instance.

And, are the #5 and #6 switched hot? The manual straight up says no but its clearly a POS in this instance.
5 and 6 come such that the ignition must be on in order for the switches to be live, like the others. However, there is a 5 amp fuse you can move to a slightly different position (you can see it in my picture of the upfitter fuse box) and it will make 5 and 6 permanently hot, regardless of ignition on or off.

5 and 6 come such that the ignition must be on in order for the switches to be live, like the others. However, there is a 5 amp fuse you can move to a slightly different position (you can see it in my picture of the upfitter fuse box) and it will make 5 and 6 permanently hot, regardless of ignition on or off.
I see the 5 amp fuse, where or how does it need to be moved?

Thanks again, this forum is great for finding smart people...

I see the 5 amp fuse, where or how does it need to be moved?

Thanks again, this forum is great for finding smart people...
Just moves to the right slightly. Haven’t tried it myself yet, but going off of what I’ve read elsewhere.

Back