Updated Vibration Video

Fidelis_One

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
USMC
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor - Star White Metallic - 6.7L Diesel - Lariat Ultimate
I am engaging with the dealership to schedule for another round of diagnostics. Thanks for everyones comments on my other posts.

I took a video of the vibration in the only way I could really figure out how to - with water in a water bottle.

I've had a few people that say that "Super duties are rougher rides, maybe you should go back to a F150" - which makes me think maybe I have the wrong expectations. I'm going to try and get a test drive in another F250 from the dealership to see the difference between mine and another truck.

Anyone think this vibration is normal at 75 mph on a perfectly flat highway?

Edit: You may have to click on the reddit post to view the full image of the video, not sure why its cutting it off to only the top half here.

That looks a little ridiculous. I didn't get that much vibration out of a truck driving around Baghdad :p

I feel for you though, I'd be upset. If they have one of those Noise,Vibration, and Harshness test sets, they will place sensors all around the truck and then drive it. That will help them narrow it down. If your dealer service dept doesn't have one of those ask them to get one or find you a dealer that does have it and to send you there on a referral.

That seems like a lot , they should look at the drive shaft , can you feel it in the steering wheel ?
Ya, I can feel it at steering wheel a bit, but also a ton in the seat and at my feet.

That looks a little ridiculous. I didn't get that much vibration out of a truck driving around Baghdad :p

I feel for you though, I'd be upset. If they have one of those Noise,Vibration, and Harshness test sets, they will place sensors all around the truck and then drive it. That will help them narrow it down. If your dealer service dept doesn't have one of those ask them to get one or find you a dealer that does have it and to send you there on a referral.

Lol. I said the same thing on another forum. I'm pretty sure it rides rougher than any of the vehicles I rode in Iraq. ?

I'll ask them about the test equipment. Sounds like a good way to determine the issue. Have a hard time thinking it's all a tire issue.

Lol. I said the same thing on another forum. I'm pretty sure it rides rougher than any of the vehicles I rode in Iraq. ?

I'll ask them about the test equipment. Sounds like a good way to determine the issue. Have a hard time thinking it's all a tire issue.
When you said it changes when you put the truck in 4wd, that's what makes me think it has something to do with driveline. They had to have taken the driveshafts, transfer case etc. out when they r/r'd the trans. If the mech didn't evenly torque just one of those shaft connections and it's slightly off kilter, then it will cause a vibration.

If they don't have the test equipment, you could alsways ask them to try loosening and retorquing the shafts. Once you take the tech for a ride with you and demo the problem, they should be able to get a starting point. Hopefully they have the test equipment.

It will be interesting to see what they find and how they fix it.

Keep us posted.

Ya, I can feel it at steering wheel a bit, but also a ton in the seat and at my feet.
Interesting, my truck runs fine when not towing ... but when towed last week (6000 lbs) I got vibrations like you show ( but I did not have water to check). Last week was the first time I got a chance to tow since covid, I noticed the vibrations were worse at about 65mphs. I actually bought a vibration hitch to see if that makes a difference ... will know in a couple of weeks. My trailer tires are about 2 years old and may have some flat spots which could be making this happen also.

I’m on my 6th or so super duty. That is in no way normal.

Could be wheels, tires or even rotors, I’ve had this issue before with a previous F250, I found a shop that did true and balancing on the truck and cured my issues.

I agree with the others here that say that that much vibration looks excessive. I had a 4x4 van some years back that had some vibration in it. A mechanic friend of mine ran it in the shop on a dynamometer. They isolated it to the transfer case. Knowing the general area of the vibration source helped solve the problem.

I have a Toyota Tundra that is a pretty smooth truck. When I started using this Tremor, I definitely think it is a bit stiffer, but what I see in that video is not a rough ride, that is something out of whack.

How long have you had the truck?

Does it surge? Or get worse when backing off power?
I can't hear the audio in the video

A while back, I had a shock seize up on my Excursion. I didn't really notice it at first, since the roads on my commute at the time weren't all that great to begin with. By the time I noticed, the tires were pretty much shot from uneven wear. The vehicle was definitely vibrating like crazy, even more so than a Subaru with a bad transfer case I had way back in the day. Despite that, though, the video shown is way worse than what I experienced in the Excursion. Definitely something to look at.

I agree with the others here that say that that much vibration looks excessive. I had a 4x4 van some years back that had some vibration in it. A mechanic friend of mine ran it in the shop on a dynamometer. They isolated it to the transfer case. Knowing the general area of the vibration source helped solve the problem.

I have a Toyota Tundra that is a pretty smooth truck. When I started using this Tremor, I definitely think it is a bit stiffer, but what I see in that video is not a rough ride, that is something out of whack.

How long have you had the truck?
Well I've had it since November 2020, but it's been in the shop for more than I've actually had it waiting on a torque converter replacement, that ended up being a full transmission replacement.

The truck has 1500 miles on it and thats only because I took a 5 day trip up to Alabama from Tampa.

Does it surge? Or get worse when backing off power?
I can't hear the audio in the video
It was worse before then giving it power. I think that might have had to do with the bad torque converter. With the new transmission the vibration doesn't seem to change much when giving it gas or taking off the throttle.

There is a constant vibration, gets worse at higher speeds but can be felt at all times, and exasperated when hitting rough patches it seems. Meaning it feels like it takes time to settle after hitting bumpy areas - I keep driving it in different situations just to try and get my thoughts straight about the issue, but clearly the vibration at speed in the video is a good example of how much of an issue it is.

It was worse before then giving it power. I think that might have had to do with the bad torque converter. With the new transmission the vibration doesn't seem to change much when giving it gas or taking off the throttle.

There is a constant vibration, gets worse at higher speeds but can be felt at all times, and exasperated when hitting rough patches it seems. Meaning it feels like it takes time to settle after hitting bumpy areas - I keep driving it in different situations just to try and get my thoughts straight about the issue, but clearly the vibration at speed in the video is a good example of how much of an issue it is.
Couple things I would check.
Make sure the front hubs are pointing at auto.
Maybe turn the to manual then back to auto.
Check lug nuts
Look for dents in the rear drive line

Inspect driveline bolts and u joints.
You never know if the dealer did this part right.
If I recall this truck has a damper on the drive line also make sure that hasn't been hit.

I am engaging with the dealership to schedule for another round of diagnostics. Thanks for everyones comments on my other posts.

I took a video of the vibration in the only way I could really figure out how to - with water in a water bottle.

I've had a few people that say that "Super duties are rougher rides, maybe you should go back to a F150" - which makes me think maybe I have the wrong expectations. I'm going to try and get a test drive in another F250 from the dealership to see the difference between mine and another truck.

Anyone think this vibration is normal at 75 mph on a perfectly flat highway?

Edit: You may have to click on the reddit post to view the full image of the video, not sure why its cutting it off to only the top half here.

Pretty sure mine rides the same and has from day 1. This is my 4th F250 and none have done this before. I even had a leveled 2015 with aftermarket Fuels and 37 Toyo RTs that didn’t ride as rough as this. I mentioned the rough ride to my dealer when I took back for the winch install. They convinced me it was the aggressive tread tires. No way that’s the case. My center console rattles pretty good and it can be felt in the steering wheel. Heck even the side mirrors and rear view mirror shake. Really noticeable at 65 and progressively gets worse towards 85mph.

Pretty sure mine rides the same and has from day 1. This is my 4th F250 and none have done this before. I even had a leveled 2015 with aftermarket Fuels and 37 Toyo RTs that didn’t ride as rough as this. I mentioned the rough ride to my dealer when I took back for the winch install. They convinced me it was the aggressive tread tires. No way that’s the case. My center console rattles pretty good and it can be felt in the steering wheel. Heck even the side mirrors and rear view mirror shake. Really noticeable at 65 and progressively gets worse towards 85mph.
Find a shop that can true and balance the tires on your trucks, does wonders for trucks with vibration issues!

Had My 350 up to 95 yesterday and zero vibrations or noise. I was pretty shocked at how smooth it went.

Back