Up-fitter Switch Uses

Do you need a switch for the winch???? My Warn set up on my Rubicon is not on a switch There is a switch on the winch itself plus the wireless remote. Probably a good idea but do you need it?
I went thru some professional training on recovery and the instructors strongly recommended not using wireless controllers. We used the wired controllers with the cord ran over the hood and wrapped around the side mirror so it could be seen that you didn't have a hand on it when someone had to go hands on , on the winch for free spooling or to untangle the line!

Just curious what everyone is using their up-fitter switches for? Currently, mine are planned for:

1. Front Rigid Driving Lights
2. Rear Rigid Reverse/Work lights
3. Front Winch In-Cab Controller Power
4. Rear Winch In-Cab Controller Power
5. Viair On Board Air
6. Bed Accessory Power

What are your plans?

Ed
Anyone have the color wire in the harness to activate the High Idle? It was the Purple wire in my 09 in the upfit wire bundle. I had this wired in my 09 and worked great for quick warm up. Diesels dont generate much heat at idle.

We used the wired controllers with the cord ran over the hood and wrapped around the side mirror so it could be seen that you didn't have a hand on it when someone had to go hands on , on the winch for free spooling or to untangle the line!
That sounds like something a drill sergeant would say in a safety brief. "Hey Private, wrap that firing cable round that mirror so I know your hands not on it!" :ROFLMAO:

So does the factory winch use one of the aux switches?
Also are we able to use the High Idle feature on the 20+ trucks?
I was told the winch doesn't use an aux switch, but that you can wire it to do so as a backup ?‍♂️. Good question on the 20+ high idle compatibility though.

1: Diode Dynamics SSC2 Fog Lights
2: Diode Dynamics SSC2 Reverse Lights
3: Baja Designs XL80 A-Pillar Lights
4: Maybe Airbag compressor? Idk.
5&6 probably will never be used.

Be happy to get you set up with anything lighting for your Tremor! We are authorized dealers for Rigid, Baja Designs, and more.

www.NEO-garage.com

I just like to flip mine off and on, when I get a new person in the truck. I kinda feel like a "top gun" pilot. :cool:
Id say label one seat ejector for those unruly passengers or when the wife starts to "nag"

Amber Fog/Deer lights
Always On Fog (eventually swap to a light bar and return fogs to normal)
Train Horn activate (still horn button)
Kill Switch (which one, who knows, maybe two)
High Idle
5 or 6 - Camper power/fuse block

Last edited:
Back