Universal Garage Opener visor replacement works - part # incl

If you don’t have a sunroof what does the visor wire into?
I can't confirm this, but my guess is that the sunroof has more to do with the way it mounts to the roof or the length of the visor. The garage opener visors plug into the same harness that the illuminated vanity mirror visors use. If you don't have a lighted mirror visor already then it's possible there may not be a harness with power there.

Oh, is your opener a newer MyQ liftmaster or equivalent? I found out real quick that the HomeLink in the 2013 F150 doesn't work with the new openers since they have better security on them (or something), and that to fix it you would need to get a repeater bridge that is installed on the house side.

Of course I didn't do that. Was hoping the new Homelinks were updated compared to the 2013 version.
No, Odyssey 1000, from 2014. My 2009 and wife's 2011 BMW wouldn't work. It was an expensive addition to try and make it work, looked like a kludge job, and I eventually want a wifi capable opener, so we just deal with remotes in the cars. Not really a big deal, though I do lock mine in the console overnight for security. She gets to park inside.

No, Odyssey 1000, from 2014. My 2009 and wife's 2011 BMW wouldn't work. It was an expensive addition to try and make it work, looked like a kludge job, and I eventually want a wifi capable opener, so we just deal with remotes in the cars. Not really a big deal, though I do lock mine in the console overnight for security. She gets to park inside.

The older cars built in visor remotes won't work with the newer openers without a repeater bridge. Security+ 2.0 compatible.

I don't want to break the plastic cover on the visor to remove it which way is the best way to pry it off?
There's not much plastic there so it shouldn't require much effort. The replacement has new plastic as well. Maybe these will help.

IMG_7398.jpg
IMG_7397.jpg

Do we know if the Ford Homelink is an always hot system, ie works with the key not around? On my Tundra it is, so I have left it unplugged. Which pisses me off. I know on the Tundra there is a wire swap you can do to make it key only. Otherwise I guess the homelink is only for the ranch gate and garage door.

Do we know if the Ford Homelink is an always hot system, ie works with the key not around? On my Tundra it is, so I have left it unplugged. Which pisses me off. I know on the Tundra there is a wire swap you can do to make it key only. Otherwise I guess the homelink is only for the ranch gate and garage door.
On my '17 F150 homelink was disabled when the truck was locked. I would hope its the same now

I think I'm going to do this. Not having a garage door opener on an 80k truck kinda pisses me off. I think it's $300 well spent
vs what..the standard opener you can get that clips to the visor . cost less than 300...

Latest Discussions

Back