Underrated?

Considering Coyote Stock cars are running 10.0s with 435hp, this is no surprise.

you see that reaction time. the driver must have took a nap! 2.2 decent 60 foot times.

I am not surprised at the speed/time after all its a light car with a big push rod V-8

I've seen 10.0s...but they are in the teens and 20s consistently.
Next year they go to Gen3 engines...guys are suspecting they may touch 9s.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201020-211056_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20201020-211056_Facebook.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 18
  • FB_IMG_1603242543665.jpg
    FB_IMG_1603242543665.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 17
I've seen 10.0s...but they are in the teens and 20s consistently.
Next year they go to Gen3 engines...guys are suspecting they may touch 9s.
That is a class. What are the engine modifications on those? What tunes are they running?

This is the fastest one I found.
There was a 10.7 one from team Beefcake Racing running intakes and tune.

That is a class. What are the engine modifications on those? What tunes are they running?

This is the fastest one I found.
There was a 10.7 one from team Beefcake Racing running intakes and tune.
Right...that's why I said, "Coyote Stock". It's a sealed engine class...no mods. They can run any tune they want.
I brought it up because a 7.3 in a Cobra Jet chassis is quite comparable.
I suspect you meant a street car with a production 5.0...so yes, quite different. ?

Right...that's why I said, "Coyote Stock". It's a sealed engine class...no mods. They can run any tune they want.
I brought it up because a 7.3 in a Cobra Jet chassis is quite comparable.
I suspect you meant a street car with a production 5.0...so yes, quite different. ?
Yes I was speaking of a production 5.0, as this was the oem stock production 7.3 truck motor/tune..

I see coyote stock runs the ford racing tune and are limited to 7.7k rpm. Many of these coyote stock competitors are running chasis much lighter than the current cobra jet. A stripped 88 mustang with suspension mods is much different than todays chasis.

Yes I was speaking of a production 5.0, as this was the oem stock production 7.3 truck motor/tune..

I see coyote stock runs the ford racing tune and are limited to 7.7k rpm. Many of these coyote stock competitors are running chasis much lighter than the current cobra jet. A stripped 88 mustang with suspension mods is much different than todays chasis.
Coyote Stock class has a minimum weight of 3100 lbs. The car in the article was 3280 lbs. We're not talking gutted out foxbodies here.

Interesting, very interesting. Had yet to see those videos and whatnot. That 10 second pass is impressive as it is literally the truck motor put into the cobra jet, crazy.

Latest Discussions

Back