Underhood insulation?

Without the hood insulation, where will mice build a comfy nest in your engine bay?
Yeah, no kidding. This was my thought too.
Every vehicle I've owned has the under hood insulation chewed to pieces.

It was discontinued, along with other standard items.

You can still get one from the dealership, I reinstalled mine. Not sure if it’s helpful, but rumor is that it protects paint from heat so I couldn’t refuse.

You can still get one from the dealership, I reinstalled mine. Not sure if it’s helpful, but rumor is that it protects paint from heat so I couldn’t refuse.
I don't think heat from a normal running engine could damage the hood paint, probably doesn't get much hotter than a good summer sun bake. My Porsche Cayenne Turbo S didn't come with factory hood insulation either. I often wonder if it's intentional to allow engine heat to dissipate easily.

So took delivery of my 23 Platinum Tremor... going through the delivery checklist and pop open the hood and had a pleasant surprise. It had factory installed hood insulation.

Bought one a couple days ago from the dealer parts department. So get to return it and save a few bucks. 😄

So took delivery of my 23 Platinum Tremor... going through the delivery checklist and pop open the hood and had a pleasant surprise. It had factory installed hood insulation.

Bought one a couple days ago from the dealer parts department. So get to return it and save a few bucks. 😄

From what I had seen in YouTube vids, the insulation looks to be included with Platinum and Limited for '23. Haven't seen any trim levels below Platinum with it.

Pictures!!! So happy for your and your wife, and the 🐶 pups!

Pictures!!! So happy for your and your wife, and the 🐶 pups!
Photo's posted: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/dtx2023tremors-money-pit-build.16185/post-328080

Although one thing that is interesting about he hood insulation is that the factory installed one does not have the cut for the mounting point for the engine compartment light whereas the one I received from the dealer has the cutout. I'm going to leave the factory one in so I can get the refund on the one I bought and figure a headlamp or flashlight will provide better lighting than adding the light to the underside of the hood.

Photo's posted: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/dtx2023tremors-money-pit-build.16185/post-328080

Although one thing that is interesting about he hood insulation is that the factory installed one does not have the cut for the mounting point for the engine compartment light whereas the one I received from the dealer has the cutout. I'm going to leave the factory one in so I can get the refund on the one I bought and figure a headlamp or flashlight will provide better lighting than adding the light to the underside of the hood.

It sounds like the insulation you bought, or recieved, was the 17-19 part #. The part # for 2023 is different and doesn't have a cutout. I'm thinking you would have discovered that if you tried to install it, since it wouldn't match the '23 hood.

Back