Underhood Insulation pad

22WhiteTremor

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 CrewCab Tremor 7.3L
Question for the forum,

Did ford do away with the insulation pad on the underside of the hood or did mine just get skipped during the assembly process?

90E34C95-51B6-4CD3-87F2-B73AA32927A4.jpeg
90E34C95-51B6-4CD3-87F2-B73AA32927A4.jpeg

They got rid of it a few years ago, maybe the 2020 model. You also don't have the light that I believe they got rid of in 21/22.

Previous threads on the topic:

Mds, thanks for the info! My first thought was they were cheating out! 2nd was maybe a clearance issue between hood and motor or maybe the insulation was trapping too much heat in the compartment. Seems like it’s just another way to cut costs.

Definitely a cost savings for Ford.

I added it to my '22 Platinum. Even though it’s a generic ‘17-22 pad, make sure you get 10 push clips.

I’m in the process of installing an under hood led light to fill the gap where the light used to be on the older models.

Attachments

• 8080B2C6-AC98-48CC-8519-717B80BF9217.jpeg
    8080B2C6-AC98-48CC-8519-717B80BF9217.jpeg
    278.2 KB · Views: 375
Since my 21 didn't have the hood liner, I ended up going to the local stereo/tint place and buying some sound deadening material that they apply to the door panels, trunks and such. That stuff has the sticky backing and is fire resistant just as the old hood liners were supposed to be. However, it is a bit thinner but holy cow does it make a different in the sound! At idle, it is ridiculously quiet.

I added it to my '22 Platinum. Even though it’s a generic ‘17-22 pad, make sure you get 10 push clips.

I’m in the process of installing an under hood led light to fill the gap where the light used to be on the older models.
You wouldn’t happen to have a parts list for the pad and clips would you?

Is there a way to install the under hood light like factory? Is there a plug in the factory harness that we can just add the under hood light to?

Where’d you get that?

Is there a way to install the under hood light like factory? Is there a plug in the factory harness that we can just add the under hood light to?
I haven't found a factory plug tucked away yet. I'm still looking though. If there isn't one, then I'll just tap into the hood closed/open switch.

I haven't found a factory plug tucked away yet.
maybe someone with a factory under hood light can post some pictures of where it plugs into the factory harness.

So the pin part number only includes one pin right?

No problem.

Pad: HC3Z-16738-A (1 ea)
Pin: W705002-S300 (10 ea)
Where are you finding the pins in a 10 pack? Everything I’ve searched is singles

Is there a noticeable sound reduction with this installed? Any negatives/cons regarding its fit?
Thanks

Fits perfect. I installed in on my 22. I can’t say the engine is any quieter but I can say that the 22 6.7 is significantly noisier than my ‘19 was.

I have spent a significant amount of time and effort installing the things that some bean counter at FORD save millions deleting(under hood insulation, ambient lighting in cup holders, lighted platinum sill plates). Thank God I was lucky enough to find a Full Platinum Tremor in time so that I got fully functioning multi-contour seats and I cancelled my ordered morphadite Platinum that was being forced down my throat by Ford without the multi-contour seats.

Back