Under Seat Storage (Differences Between Years???)

Jamie V

MR OCD
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Tremor, Lariat Ultimate, Star White, BAP
Current Ride #2
1994 Ford Lightning
I've recently taken delivery of my new 2022 Tremor and while browsing different posts I noticed the rear under seat storage is different between mine and ones I've seen pictures of. Has anyone noticed the difference and figured out when they changed?

Here are some pictures of one I saw online and mine. Notice the part behind the fold down section (where the spare tire tools are bolted down. Mine is just the carpet where the other one is a plastic tray that is part of the fold down storage unit. Mine seems to have a taller back "wall" compared to the other one.

2020 Super Duty Under Seat Storage 1.jpg
2022 Super Duty Under Seat Storage 1.jpeg

Don't know but my '22 is just like yours. I'll have to check my '18 when it gets back from the body shop and see what it looks like.

My 22 is the same as yours as well. It is narrower than the one in my 2018 I traded.

what trims do y’all have?

My 22 is a platinum and has the plastic “tray”.

40DC8176-541C-4A18-9438-F3529A478243.jpeg

Lariat ultimate package for me.

what trims do y’all have?

My 22 is a platinum and has the plastic “tray”.
I have a KR (although non Tremor) and also have the plastic "tray".

My 22 Tremor built in August last year has the original design where the plastic protrudes under the seat area.

Well that revised design is certainly less practical - pretty damn lame

Mine is a Lariat Ultimate that was built on 5/9/22 and does not have that extended part. I text my cousin who has a 21 XLT Tremor and he has the extended part....

'22 Plat built in April 2022. It has the plastic divider under the seat.

D2A0DE61-3A52-4566-A7D7-EF10D646AE59.jpeg

My 2020 XLT looks similar to the above posted pics... it folds down and has a divider that folds as well.

I think some guys are getting confused. We’re talking about this part (circled in red) that is part of the under seat storage piece.
2363AD33-66F0-4CD5-9FDE-80EE76335AFF.jpeg

I'm not confused - just noting the two different versions Ford seem to be using results in two distinct differences:
  • Extended plastic tray towards the back of the cab
  • Raised baffle wall resulting in overall reduced usefulness (in my opinion)
1655308877941.png

1655308966665.png

Just checked my '21 Lariat Ultimate, I have the plastic in the back, not carpet. But I do have vinyl floors. Is that a difference?

I'm not confused - just noting the two different versions Ford seem to be using results in two distinct differences:
  • Extended plastic tray towards the back of the cab
  • Raised baffle wall resulting in overall reduced usefulness (in my opinion)

I wasn’t referring to you.

Divider tray with the carpet in mine. '22 Plat

B035A89A-A8EA-4CFD-9947-CE132E5A41B8.jpeg

Just checked my '21 Lariat Ultimate, I have the plastic in the back, not carpet. But I do have vinyl floors. Is that a difference?
Nope. Plenty of carpet'd trucks have the plastic tray projection under the seat. This is a recent change 'shortage'

I have a '22 F350 Lariat Ultimate w/ carpet. My storage box doesn't have the plastic "tray" extension behind the box. Also, I see in the OP's photo (with the tray extension) that the seat releases are handles on the bottoms of the seats. My seats don't have that. Instead, I have pull cords on the sides of the seats to release the bottom from their folded position.

-SR-

My seats have pull strap loops as well.

Latest Discussions

Back