Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System/Blacked out Ford emblem

WhiskyThrottle

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Military
retired
Current Ride
18’ GT350; 21'AMB F-350 Tremor
I just noticed that on the Ford Super Duty configuration website that if you have the 'Black Appearance package' added and also add the 'Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System w/Pro Backup Assist' that the front grille Ford emblem turns from black into the blue one.
Is this a mistake on the site? Can anyone that has these two packages that their from emblem is black or blue?

I think the Configurator does some things that might not be real life actual, but my order has the Black and the Ultimate Trailer, so we shall see. I would be on the fence I guess until I see a Black Oval, I like the Black out package, but I Love a Blue Oval, especially on a SD tailgate, just pops...

Edit: I just looked at the Black Package on the website and it says it includes Ebony Ford oval, so I guess it is...

Last edited:
I just noticed that on the Ford Super Duty configuration website that if you have the 'Black Appearance package' added and also add the 'Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System w/Pro Backup Assist' that the front grille Ford emblem turns from black into the blue one.
Is this a mistake on the site? Can anyone that has these two packages that their from emblem is black or blue?
I have both on a 2020.....and it is the blacked out Ford Oval

The grayed-out emblem is a feature of the Sport/Black package.

i had both packages it is blacked out the ONLY BLUE OVAL is on the steering wheel

I like your moniker.........time for some bourbon and coke

Going strictly from my 2020 order, the sport (or in your case black appearance package) showed blue badges on the tailgate in my build photo, but it showed up physically with black ones as expected. The Ford ordering site pics are to give you a good idea of looks, but they are not exact. Your build sheet will ultimately decide what your truck looks like. Trust in the package description more than the picture.

I think the Configurator does some things that might not be real life actual, but my order has the Black and the Ultimate Trailer, so we shall see. I would be on the fence I guess until I see a Black Oval, I like the Black out package, but I Love a Blue Oval, especially on a SD tailgate, just pops...

Edit: I just looked at the Black Package on the website and it says it includes Ebony Ford oval, so I guess it is...
I can tell you from owning a blacked out lariat sport lariat ultimate: I am not a blackout everything guy...I like brushed aluminum and I like the Blue oval!..I am gettin on into my mid 60s.......but that being said, the blacked out Ford emblems look SICK on these trucks, and the Sport (now Blackout) pkg is a head turner for sure!

Back