Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera Sys

TrackRat

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Shelby GT350
May have actually come into a bit of luck and found a truck that largely matches my desired specs but for two things that are missing (plus it has the sunroof which I would have opted out of):
  1. No 5th Wheel Prep Package
  2. No Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System with Pro Trailer Backup Assist
Moving up to this vehicle to tow a camping trailer (most likely a 5th wheel - still in the market). Am I nuts to go with a truck missing the above? How helpful is the 'Ultimate camera and Backup Assist'?

Thanks in advance!

May have actually come into a bit of luck and found a truck that largely matches my desired specs but for two things that are missing (plus it has the sunroof which I would have opted out of):
Moving up to this vehicle to tow a camping trailer (most likely a 5th wheel - still in the market). Am I nuts to go with a truck missing the above? How helpful is the 'Ultimate camera and Backup Assist'?

Thanks in advance!

By chance is this truck in Colorado? I might have been looking at the same one. I was excited to find an iconic silver 350 that had all the features I was looking for. I was already trying to plan a trip and at the last minute I realized it was missing the camera system! The camera system is #1 on my list of must-haves. I love having the front facing camera & side cams on the Raptor. I use it all the time, in fact every time I pull in the garage just to make sure the kids didn't leave any bikes or toys in the way. I've never used the Backup Assist, so maybe others can comment.

Nope not in CO. Looks like the truck still comes with back up sensors and backup camera even without that particular option. Unfortunately I have a feeling it does lack the 360 view and front camera which I highly rely on in my Raptor

UPDATE: Yep... while backup camera is standard, the front requires either the Ultimate or 360 degree packages... think this may sink it for me... :(

Last edited:
Nope not in CO. Looks like the truck still comes with back up sensors and backup camera even without that particular option. Unfortunately I have a feeling it does lack the 360 view and front camera which I highly rely on in my Raptor

Do you have a link to the window sticker? Sometimes the UTT can be listed under a different package.

If it's a 250 this option does include the camera system - HIGH CAP TRLER TOW PCKG PTBA 2,730.00

I can't drive the truck without the cameras........a must have for towing

350. Pretty basic option list. Dealer just confirmed

Wanted both of those options as well. The UTT camera system as a whole isn't as big of a deal as I thought it would be. I don't use the backup assist. The only cameras I rely on is the 360 and front view when parking, they all turn off when you get up to speed. I also wanted 5th wheel hitch prep, but the truck I found didn't have it. Figure if I need it down the road it's a fairly easy install, wish all these trucks were ordered that way from the factory!

Thanks in advance!

The 5th adapter is not a bad job - there are some retro fit ones that assemble in bits from under the truck Or Worse on top in the bed but the FoMoCo one can be had with harness for in bed hook up and is one piece. I found a truck without the 5th package. Finding a Tremor, in your choice of color, optional equipment, and with 5th (especially the last) seems like finding DB Cooper. So I am ordering the kit from Ford. https://accessories.ford.com/kit-bracket-11605.html

Hardest part is sorting out finding free labor to lift the bed off (plenty of YouTube bed removal vids) but nothing too involved and all beds come pre dimpled for drilling. Plus with the bed off I can spray the sucker down with CorBan or LPS 3 not have to go the Michelangelo route.

By chance is this truck in Colorado? I might have been looking at the same one. I was excited to find an iconic silver 350 that had all the features I was looking for. I was already trying to plan a trip and at the last minute I realized it was missing the camera system! The camera system is #1 on my list of must-haves. I love having the front facing camera & side cams on the Raptor. I use it all the time, in fact every time I pull in the garage just to make sure the kids didn't leave any bikes or toys in the way. I've never used the Backup Assist, so maybe others can comment.

Where in CO? I flew in there yesterday to buy a silver 350.

Back