Tx-Tremor-6.7's Carbonized Gray Blackout Build

Such a good looking truck. is the hood stock with the vinyl on it or is that a special order item? The hood I mean not the vinyl.
Yes, the hood is stock. I had the vinyl wrap on the hood and roof added by a local company when I did the rest of my build.

Got it. I guess the vinyl just made the center piece look deeper to me.

Got it. I guess the vinyl just made the center piece look deeper to me.
Yes, it does. I guess it is an optical illusion with the black center.

The truck is so tall that most people do not notice the black hood and the roof can only be seen by the big rigs on the highway. ;)

Local dealer has a GM that mods super duties and markets them as black widows. Here's a pic

Attachments

• 20210814_130722.jpg
    20210814_130722.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 313
Bak Industries Revolver X4 Roll-up Cover:
View attachment 21347

BedRug Bed Mat over Ford spray-in Bedliner:
View attachment 21348

Stinger Hood and Full Roof in Gloss Black Vinyl:
View attachment 21349

Hood Closeup:
View attachment 21350

Tremor Blackout Sticker in Gloss Black with clear overlay:
View attachment 21351

View attachment 21352

6.7L and Power Stroke Black Badges:
View attachment 21353

Chrome Tailgate Handle w/ Matte Black Vinyl:
View attachment 21354

Factory Cab Light w/ VHT Tint on Black Vinyl Roof:
View attachment 21355

Factory Exhaust painted w/ High Heat Flat Black Rust-Oleum 2000 degree:
View attachment 21356

Rockwood MiniLite 26' travel trailer in the background weighs 7000 lbs with a 1000 lb TW:
View attachment 21358

Here is how far the 12.5" tires stick out with a +1mm offset on a 17x9 Fuel wheel.
View attachment 21359

View attachment 21360
I wanna snooze in that bed!

Local dealer has a GM that mods super duties and markets them as black widows. Here's a pic
I do not like the large fender lips on a Super Duty, but I am sure there are others who do.

Bak Industries Revolver X4 Roll-up Cover:
View attachment 21347

BedRug Bed Mat over Ford spray-in Bedliner:
View attachment 21348

Stinger Hood and Full Roof in Gloss Black Vinyl:
View attachment 21349

Hood Closeup:
View attachment 21350

Tremor Blackout Sticker in Gloss Black with clear overlay:
View attachment 21351

View attachment 21352

6.7L and Power Stroke Black Badges:
View attachment 21353

Chrome Tailgate Handle w/ Matte Black Vinyl:
View attachment 21354

Factory Cab Light w/ VHT Tint on Black Vinyl Roof:
View attachment 21355

Factory Exhaust painted w/ High Heat Flat Black Rust-Oleum 2000 degree:
View attachment 21356

Rockwood MiniLite 26' travel trailer in the background weighs 7000 lbs with a 1000 lb TW:
View attachment 21358

Here is how far the 12.5" tires stick out with a +1mm offset on a 17x9 Fuel wheel.
View attachment 21359

View attachment 21360
I’m getting a similar Tremor in a couple of weeks. Dealer is working on getting a ranch hand midnight series bumper/ grill guard installed with a warn Zeon 12-s winch before I take delivery . Grey and black sure looks great!

Yes, I mentioned the dealer in my first post.
I was just curious since they have two locations. I didnt see mention if it was the Whitesboro one. I ordered mine through them, however I havent had much luck getting info from my salesman there.

I was just curious since they have two locations. I didnt see mention if it was the Whitesboro one. I ordered mine through them, however I havent had much luck getting info from my salesman there.
I never stepped foot in the dealership or met the salesman in person, as I bought the truck over email and they delivered it 245 miles to my house north of Houston at no charge.

I know they are no longer doing the under invoice deals because I tried to buy an Explorer ST from them a month ago and the best he could offer was X-Plan.

Not that often anymore. I owned a second home at Canyon Lake for 10+ years, but we sold it when our kids all graduated from college and we found we were only using it once or twice a year. With the pandemic, we wished we would have kept the house because it was a great place to work remotely and have a good change of scenery. :cool:
It is a great place to work remote and have a change of scenery. This is from our deck, of Purgatory rd, looking up/at the Devil's Backbone. CL and the Horseshoe are off to the left.

1633534022708.png

Great view

It is a great place to work remote and have a change of scenery. This is from our deck, of Purgatory rd, looking up/at the Devil's Backbone. CL and the Horseshoe are off to the left.

View attachment 35984

I lived on the opposite side of the hills you could see from Purgatory Rd in a log home with a very similar deck! We could see the Guadalupe River horseshoe from our deck and listen to the outdoor concerts if the wind was blowing our direction. :cool:

I lived on the opposite side of the hills you could see from Purgatory Rd in a log home with a very similar deck! We could see the Guadalupe River horseshoe from our deck and listen to the outdoor concerts if the wind was blowing our direction. :cool:
Yep on the concerts. Our "neighborhood" backs up to the backside of the Whitewater property. I can hear decently well from our deck, but if I drive down our little shared road to the end property/turn around, I am 1000' from the stage and can hear pretty good. Plan to get out there for Willie this weekend and tailgate the Gator with the neighbors.

We were looking at buying a home in Canyon Lake before the pandemic. Then prices soared and it made more sense to re-invest in CA.

Beautiful and long underrated area out there. Congrats to those of you who bought in pre-COVID. 😂

We were looking at buying a home in Canyon Lake before the pandemic. Then prices soared and it made more sense to re-invest in CA.

Beautiful and long underrated area out there. Congrats to those of you who bought in pre-COVID. 😂
It's getting a little crazy out here already. We bought in 2019. I would have liked to have picked up a few more rental properties as well in/near San Marcos, so I could visit them/right off travel to the ranch in CL, but even the cheap stuff we like to own ($100k 2/1 houses) are long gone.

It's getting a little crazy out here already. We bought in 2019. I would have liked to have picked up a few more rental properties as well in/near San Marcos, so I could visit them/right off travel to the ranch in CL, but even the cheap stuff we like to own ($100k 2/1 houses) are long gone.

Austin area has always felt unsustainable to me. Yet it sustains, so far. If I held on to our first house there we’d be a million dollars richer today. I never would have believed the current state of things was possible though…

Austin area has always felt unsustainable to me. Yet it sustains, so far. If I held on to our first house there we’d be a million dollars richer today. I never would have believed the current state of things was possible though…
Our neighbor is selling his house (to move down the block) and what he bought for $550k in 2015 is under contract for $1.38M right now. Unsustainable is an understatement. So the Canyon Lake place will eventually be the full time once our taxes in ATX catch up. I can't afford double the already high property tax bill. Cuts into my truck budget.

Back