Tx-Tremor-6.7's Carbonized Gray Blackout Build

I love the build @Tx-Tremor6.7, you've given me a few ideas for my '23. In regards to the in-bed transfer flow tank, how are you liking it so far and did you consider a larger main tank instead? I noticed you haven't posted in some 10 months now, do you still have the truck and if so how are the mods/accessories holding up?

I love the build @Tx-Tremor6.7, you've given me a few ideas for my '23. In regards to the in-bed transfer flow tank, how are you liking it so far and did you consider a larger main tank instead? I noticed you haven't posted in some 10 months now, do you still have the truck and if so how are the mods/accessories holding up?

I have not posted here in a while because I have not done anything new to my truck lately. I sold my Shelby GT350 and bought a 2023 Z51 Stingray R Corvette, so that has been taking up a lot of my forum time. At this point, I use the truck almost exclusively for towing my 5th wheel, and with all of my modifications, it works as well as can be expected. I have not had any major issues with my mods, and I will do most of them again when I purchase a new tow vehicle. I may be going to an F450 for the next one, but I have not decided.

To answer your question, the in-bed transfer tank has been great. When not towing, I can go for more than a month without filling up. I had one minor problem in the beginning where the fuel line from the aux tank to the main tank had a kink due to the way it bends after going through the bed, but the installation company took care of it at no charge. They also replaced the aux pump because the kink was causing it to overheat according to the logs, and they wanted to make sure I did not have problems down the road with the pump.

I considered a larger tank, but I wanted it to fit under my tonneau cover, so it was not visible with the cover closed. The 50 gallons, plus the 34 gallons in the main tank gives me 84 total. When towing I get 8-9 miles per gallon, so 8 miles X 84 gallons is 672 miles. I normally tow at 60-65 MPH, so that gives me a solid 10+ hours of towing before I have to fill up. I always plan my trips so we stop before 10 hours, so I can fill up after I have dropped the trailer. If I am camping in Texas, I can normally fill up once and tow both ways before needing more diesel.

For those interested, here are a couple of pictures of my Z51 Stingray R. (Artic White with all black badges/body accents)

Red Ring Wheels, Bright Red Z51 calipers and Stingray R badging:
Driver.JPEG

High Wing and Composite Side Sills installed at dealer as part of the original Chevrolet build:
Rear-Driver.JPEG

C8 Jake Logo Corvette Racing Hood Stripe (Jake logo is barely noticeable in this picture due to the sun)
Front.JPEG

The hood graphic is more visible in the rendering of my exact car on the Chevrolet build web site:
Front Marketing.png

Tucked away in my garage: (The Tremor has lost its preferred spot for now...)
Front-Driver-Garage.JPEG

I am much more of a Ford/Shelby guy but that's a nice Corvette for sure.

I am much more of a Ford/Shelby guy but that's a nice Corvette for sure.
I was searching hard for a newish Shelby GT500, but the prices were sitting at $5-10K over MSRP for a used one with thousands of miles. I happened to run across an ad for a 2019 Shelby GT 350R, so I drove to the dealer for a look. The GT350R was in poor shape compared to the 2018 I had just sold, so I passed on it.

The used car dealer happened to have a 2021 Rapid Blue C8 Z51 sitting on his lot, so I took it for a test drive. The car looked and handled great, and even my wife was impressed by the car. I had not considered a C8, but the car was growing on me. After several test drives of other C8s, I found the Z51 was quicker off the line than my GT350 and the DTC could shift much faster than I could ever do in my previous manuals. (C3 Vette, Gen 2 Viper and Shelby GT350)

After about a week of searching for C8s, I found that most dealers wanted 5-10K over. However, I found the white Stingray R at a small dealer in North Texas and after several back and forth phone calls over three days, I had them down to an MSRP deal on a brand new car. The car had everything I would have ordered, plus about $10K in very nice to have extras from Chevrolet, so I bought it that weekend.

Last edited:
Back