Two questions

Lupa

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Raptor
Took delivery a factory ordered raptor in July and although I love the truck, I cannot keep my wife out of it. I was just going to bite the bullet and get her one, however it does not look like there will be a 2021 raptor. But I think I've got her redirected towards an Agate Lariat Tremor, which actually makes more sense from a utility standpoint than 2 raptors.

This Tremor would actually replace our king ranch dually. So my main question is: with the lift on the Tremor and the shock package, is the Tremor still going to be a good tow vehicle for a large gooseneck equipment trailer and a 6 horse trailer with living quarters?

And 2nd question, I was on the ford build site and I for the life of me cannot find the Tremor package option?

Tremor is a package that is found under the F250/350, but it needs to be on a base XLT or higher model.

1602844953057.png

1st question, answer, IMHO I don’t think it would be a good replacement for what you are towing. The stability of the dually really makes a difference. I used to have a4 horses, living quarters trailer and really liked how the dually towed it vs my single rear wheel 350. Just my view.

2nd question, answer. Make sure you have crew cab and 6.34 bed. It’s under packages about halfway down, https://shop.ford.com/build/superdu....|618A.W3A.160....LAR.CRW.YZKAA.SRW.350.CBB.]

Thanks for the info. I agree about the dually being vastly superior towing to a single rear wheel truck. I should have mentioned that we tow infrequently these days (we no longer show horses), but when we do it has the potential to be a significant load. The distance towing a big load will be pretty close to the house. I am more concerned with how far that big gooseneck will set down the back end of a single rear wheel f350 with the tremor package vs the same truck with the tremor. I am wanting to use the new truck to tow a bumper pull enclosed 16' or 20' across country on hunting trips. I have a feeling it will perfect for that.

Meant "same truck WITHOUT the tremor"

I don't know it if the Tremor would "squat" more than a std F350. They lifted it with blocks under the leaf springs. So in theory it would sit higher but the ratio of spring compression should remain the same. It has taller tires, is there any more give in the sidewalls???? At 80 psi I would doubt it.
Read all the fine print on the towing and we have a towing thread so you should be able to figure out if it is enough truck for your horses / towing needs.:)

@PapaRaptor that's good information. So at 80 psi those mud tires must be e load range. I think it's going to be able to tow everything I need. No doubt the 6.7 will tow anything I need to and probably a lot of things bigger than I should be towing.

@PapaRaptor that's good information. So at 80 psi those mud tires must be e load range. I think it's going to be able to tow everything I need. No doubt the 6.7 will tow anything I need to and probably a lot of things bigger than I should be towing.
I used forscan to lower the threshold so I can run 55 front 60 rear empty
when hauling 5th wheel or skid loader I bump them back up 80 to the rear.

agree it drives and rides great when you air down some. Just hate the idiot lights. Forscan to the rescue :)

I wish I could drop the threshold in my Rubicon

PapaRaptor ;
Check out AEV’s website . They have plug in under dash driver side computer access port that allows mph adjust for tire diameter
and tire pressure Warning adjust Among other goodies. AEV = American Expedition Vehicles in Montana.

Lupa:
I have a 2020 Tremor crew cab , 6.7 in the 350 size and tow a Grand design 337 , 5th wheel that has a pin weight of 2800 lbs when trailer is packed. I measured rear squat when hooked up at 3.5” plus / minus .
Installed Firestone airbags and placed the air valve stems behind the fuel door.
Great results. Note the squat amount was almost all suspension with rear tires at 78-80 psi. Also note : the 350 with 6.7 and 10 speed trans. Is a beast towing up long grades and with tow mode and engine brake the down hills is much better than 6 speed IMO. Last mpg avg. towing the 13k 5th wheel was 13.2.

Welcome @Lupa to the forum. Another thing to consider would be adding the Sumo springs. Although it doesn't increase the payload, it could help with sag. I know a couple of guys on the forum have done that.

We are also a 2 truck family right now, 17 Raptor and 20 Tremor. It's a great combo!

@LBK The air bags sound like a great set up. I hate towing when the truck is not level. I can only imagine how good a 10 speed is with the 6.7. Although I did not buy the raptor to tow, I knew there would be times I may need to tow something light. Well one of the front calipers locked up on the dually the other night and I needed to go get a dump trailer load of shelled corn this morning and the trailer itself pretty stout. I was pleasantly surprised how well the raptor towed it and it really didn't squat down the rear of the truck that much. But that transmission is money!

One thing to keep in mind is how high the bed sits on the Tremor. Our 3 horse gooseneck with rigid mount axles will need a couple/few inches of lift to get it to even function with our F350 Tremor. Our 5er bunkhouse trailer, converted to gooseneck with an Andersen hitch, also sits a little more nose high than I prefer so it will also get suspension mods to even it out.

@Deus so how do you lift a horse, spacers like a truck lift kit?

@Deus so how do you lift a horse, spacers like a truck lift kit?

Unbolt or cut the welds mounting the axles to the frame and weld square tube in between.

PapaRaptor ;
Check out AEV’s website . They have plug in under dash driver side computer access port that allows mph adjust for tire diameter
and tire pressure Warning adjust Among other goodies. AEV = American Expedition Vehicles in Montana.
Thank you will do!
as our temps drop, I constantly have to bump up the pressure to turn the idiot light off only to drop it back down to where I can drive it and not get bumped off the pavement

Back