Turbo Timer for cooling down?

i usually let off and drive it nice for the last couple miles before i get where im going and shut it off like normal or if that not possible i park it then hit the autostart as i walk away. my remote works from pretty far so i can turn it off a few minutes later or let it run the timer out.

If you can’t sit for a few mins at minimum you have two built in timers. Well depending on trim grade and options:

1: If you have keyless enable secure idle. Leave the engine running, get out, lock doors, and walk away. Truck will shut off after 30 mins.

2. Remote start with remote, or Ford app. 15mins (extendable).

On my 22 secure idle was enabled from the factory.

If you can’t sit for a few mins at minimum you have two built in timers. Well depending on trim grade and options:

1: If you have keyless enable secure idle. Leave the engine running, get out, lock doors, and walk away. Truck will shut off after 30 mins.

2. Remote start with remote, or Ford app. 15mins (extendable).

On my 22 secure idle was enabled from the factory.
Ahhh great point. Thanks dude. I have a 22 Tremor with the Lariat Ultimate trim. So it will have the remote start. I appreciate the insight.

30 minutes is a bit much. Too bad it can't be set to 5 minutes in forscan. That'd work great.

30 minutes is a bit much. Too bad it can't be set to 5 minutes in forscan. That'd work great.
I think idle timer can be set via forscan. But I'm not sure why you'd want to set it for 5 mins. The truck doesn't know when you are letting it idle to cool down...

I think idle timer can be set via forscan. But I'm not sure why you'd want to set it for 5 mins. The truck doesn't know when you are letting it idle to cool down...

I looked, didn't see any settings.

I'd want to set it at 5 minutes for use as a turbo timer. As I understand it, secure idle only triggers when you lock the truck and leave with the key fob. So it'd work pretty good for a lot of people as a makeshift turbo timer.

I looked, didn't see any settings.

I'd want to set it at 5 minutes for use as a turbo timer. As I understand it, secure idle only triggers when you lock the truck and leave with the key fob. So it'd work pretty good for a lot of people as a makeshift turbo timer.

For clarity, Secure Idle allows you to leave the motor running and walk away. If the fob isn't present, and someone tries to shift the truck out of park. Everything will shut down. This also (I think) will occur if someone tries to pop the hood.

The idle timeout applies when the vehicle is in park. I believe that opening or closing a door will reset the timer.

For clarity, Secure Idle allows you to leave the motor running and walk away. If the fob isn't present, and someone tries to shift the truck out of park. Everything will shut down. This also (I think) will occur if someone tries to pop the hood.

The idle timeout applies when the vehicle is in park. I believe that opening or closing a door will reset the timer.

Sounds like a perfect turbo timer to me. Provided the acc and bat shut off. Still not following what they mean by subract the 8...

Back