[resolved] Turbo Failure - Ford not covering

I just can't get over the lack of response you get from the dealership or Ford. I would be camping at the dealership if that happened to my truck. I would probably just pay the tow bill up front and fight to get reimbursed for it later. I just posted a link to your main post on the Tremor Group in Facebook. Maybe it will get enough attention that someone from Ford will see it? ?‍♂️

powerstroke-67-turbo.png

Latest: Dealer called me this morning and said they can't do anything under warranty and that was that, sorry. The service advisor actually disagreed with the assessment and was frustrated but said his hands were tied. I called Ford customer service again but they never called me back which is irritating. I then called the dealer where I purchased it and told them the story. They are going to have it towed to them tomorrow and said they would be willing to try to help me out in this situation. I'm not sure what to make of that but I refuse to pay $7,000 for something like this that I had zero control over or influence on. I am hopeful that this dealer will treat me right and take care of it immediately since its already been a week without the truck. I'll update this thread as I have updates and I hope everyone is enjoying their truck more than I am right now!
Sucks man I wonder if an extended warranty would have helped

Have you ever used their service? If so how was it?
It’s awesome. A friend had the 50 mile tow plan but was farther that from home. The driver towed him 50 miles then stopped. And recorded a second free 50 mile tow to get him home.
I’m not saying they all will do that but AAA has always treated me right!

Sucks man I wonder if an extended warranty would have helped
No it wouldn’t. I honestly thinking it’s the dealer. Ford won’t pay them enough on the warranty repair for something this large so they won’t deal with it. Why spend two week repairing this at 10% when we could be working on other vehicles at 100% fees. Exaggeration but you get the point. To much time and energy too little revenue.

No it wouldn’t. I honestly thinking it’s the dealer. Ford won’t pay them enough on the warranty repair for something this large so they won’t deal with it. Why spend two week repairing this at 10% when we could be working on other vehicles at 100% fees. Exaggeration but you get the point. To much time and energy too little revenue.
Sorry to hear

Maybe look into contacting the Ford Regional Manager ?

I just can't get over the lack of response you get from the dealership or Ford. I would be camping at the dealership if that happened to my truck. I would probably just pay the tow bill up front and fight to get reimbursed for it later. I just posted a link to your main post on the Tremor Group in Facebook. Maybe it will get enough attention that someone from Ford will see it? ?‍♂️

View attachment 5753
Thanks. It's not the $270; it's more about standing firm and holding them (Ford) accountable.To be fair, the dealer where I bought it said this evening that they would take care of it tomorrow after Ford denied me...if they don't, I will call USAA and they will tow it because they value their customers and in return they have customer loyalty. I just fundamentally struggle with this concept and in general when it seems companies/dealers blatantly try to screw people. That may not be the case here but it sure seems like it right now. Again, I really appreciate all the comments and support.

Ford is having trouble in the leadership office and has been for awhile . They are more concerned about the shareholder than they are about the customers..

Dude is this dealer hassling you in Nashville or Clarksville???? I had a problem with a dealer in the region with an Explorer, when I was Active Duty living in Clarksville TN.

Dude is this dealer hassling you in Nashville or Clarksville????
Franklin. To be fair, they are being very responsive and professional but are telling me they can't/won't fix it unless I pay the 7K. Having it taken to Mt. Juliet where I purchased it in hopes they have a different viewpoint which I think they will.

Franklin. To be fair, they are being very responsive and professional but are telling me they can't/won't fix it unless I pay the 7K. Having it taken to Mt. Juliet where I purchased it in hopes they have a different viewpoint which I think they will.
The dealer in Clarksville tried the same crap on me on my 94 Explorer when I was stationed at Ft Campbell (Weather Guy). Next Ford I bought was 2014 because of it....and then it was with great trepidation. Lucky here I have a dealership started by a USAF Vet and his family who runs an honest business.

Wait ford wants to charge you $270 for a 30 mile tow on one of their brand new vehicles that broke?

Wow!

Correct. Max allowed was 15 miles and zero ability or interest to bend their rules.
The entire issue is crap! Hopefully the dealer you purchased it from will set it right!

Man I've read all this and its unreal your having this warranty issue not being covered on a new 80k truck. I wish you the best of luck and hope your luck turns around on this.

Jamie R.
Black Platinum Tremor

Correct. Max allowed was 15 miles and zero ability or interest to bend their rules.

I had to have my 2018 Raptor towed to the dealer at least 3 times. It was over 60 miles, and Ford or the dealer covered it all, every time.

I had to have my 2018 Raptor towed to the dealer at least 3 times. It was over 60 miles, and Ford or the dealer covered it all, every time.
So far no Ford products have ever been towed from my house hold
Ford = 0 tows
FCA = 5 tows ( problems solved no cost all warranty)
Chevy = 1 tow ( problem solved but had to file complaint with GM)
Audi = 0

Hi all,

I have a 2020 6.7 Tremor with 2K miles and on Tuesday, I had my truck randomly go into "Reduced Power Mode" and the truck barely ran once that happened. I promptly took it to the dealer and today I finally got the diagnosis. I have a damaged turbine and it was damaged by who knows what but I was told it would cost me $7,000 to fix/replace and it wasn't covered under warranty because it "wasn't a manufacturer defect". I was BLOWN AWAY to say the least to hear this. My service adviser was great and fully understood my surprise and frustration. I then called Ford customer care and outlined my issue and asked for help. They were very nice and attentive and offered to call the dealership and subsequently told them to submit a warranty request and see if it gets approved. I've been told we should know something early next week.

I candidly can't believe that I even have to fight for this and wait for a decision. It is a brand new truck and clearly a warranty issue. Its blowing my mind that this wasn't immediately repaired and I am having to argue with them over this. Its not like I cracked open the sealed box and threw rocks in there...something clearly is wrong and now I am helpless and hoping someone approves the request so they can order the parts and schedule a repair or I am screwed.

If that's the case, I will be getting rid of it and making sure people know this story. I am hopeful that Ford will do the right thing and repair it under warranty, and promptly. Meanwhile I will be without my truck for a few weeks while these games are played which is extremely frustrating. I'll let you know how it ends up but just sharing as an FYI as there could be a bigger problem out there.

It's a shame because I loved the truck for the few months I have owned it. I hope that keeps on and I get it back in working order covered under warranty.

View attachment 5515

My buddy has a 2017 super duty and blew his turbo. Ford covered it no issues. Just had to be without the truck for 2 weeks.

Back