Tufskinz

Skibum1681

Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F350 6.7 Tremor / 2022 F350 6.7 BAP
Current Ride #2
2011 Harley Road Glide
I put Tufskinz on my front door sills. I like them, however I would like more coverage and would like to cut some pieces on my own. Does anyone know of a place to get uncut sheets of the same material? Is this a product they make or do they just take uncut sheets they buy somewhere (like 3M) and cut them to size?

No sure about the Tufskinz material, but there is this option on the Ford accessory site: Link below
1619670575750.png
https://accessories.ford.com/plate-door-scuff-12166.html#2021/Super Duty

Tuffskinz makes a “plain no logo” one. Can buy that then run it through a paper cutter to size.

I just installed mine today / I like them - now I found that there is a black chrome oem one. I’ll keep mine for now but not sure how hard it’s gonna be to remove them one day.

Last edited:
You can buy this stuff.

These are the factory ones, but they look a lot like the ones from the Tufskinz site. Both sides on my truck have the same corner turned up slightly, the drivers side caught on my shoe getting in and out of the truck and is a PITA now. They will replace them during the next oil change under warranty, but still a pain.

Guess since this is the biggest problem I have had with my truck I should just shut up. :)

Attachments

• IMG_8076.JPG
    IMG_8076.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 32
These are the factory ones, but they look a lot like the ones from the Tufskinz site. Both sides on my truck have the same corner turned up slightly, the drivers side caught on my shoe getting in and out of the truck and is a PITA now. They will replace them during the next oil change under warranty, but still a pain.

Guess since this is the biggest problem I have had with my truck I should just shut up. :)
Tuffskinz are textured grip material, I believe these are a chrome based material. Putco makes the chrome ones in black and silver. Seems like you’re the 2nd person with these that I’ve noticed that the corners are snagging. I went tuffskinz - they’re nice - wish were a bit longer we’ll see how long they hold up and if they don’t catch dog hair etc with the abrasive texture.

No sure about the Tufskinz material, but there is this option on the Ford accessory site: Link below View attachment 23213 https://accessories.ford.com/plate-door-scuff-12166.html#2021/Super Duty

I had the bushwacker version on my 2017, mainly because the original owner trashed the sills.

Pros - Excellent coverage, tough, look good

Cons - Not enough clearance between the back door and the opening in rear where they come out around the cab corner; wore the paint off the pinch weld of the door and even wore into the aluminum or 65,000 miles having them on. Also very easy to get dirt/sand trapped between them and the body. I suspect if you remove them after having them on for a while the paint will be trashed.

You can buy this stuff.

The ones you have linked are abrasive (sand paper like); however after some looking around I see they do have a textured non abrasive version I might try. $9.00 for 6"x24" piece. Looks like the tough skin material. Might be worth the roll or the dice.

I just put on the front Tufskinz and I think they make the truck. Too bad they don't have any for the tailgate yet but they said they are working on them.

Attachments

• Tufskinz.jpg
    Tufskinz.jpg
    452.4 KB · Views: 17

Latest Discussions

Back