Truck Campers Only, w/ an Overland & Off-roading theme

So this happened yesterday. Picked up a new to me Supertramp. New Tremor is on order with build week scheduled for 5/7. Lariat Ultimate Carbonized Grey / 7.3 / Sport Appearance / Dual Battery / Carpet Delete. Back and forth on if I do Tremor steps or Powered. View attachment 152308
Congrats. Looks great.

A few things. I would lower the camper jacks as much as possible to prevent any accidents. I assume you did that already, but wanted to mention it. It's just me talking safety.

I had powersteps on my lifted Tremor and was glad I had them. Made it much easier to get in and out. Even with factory height I liked having the more convenient entry and I think the truck looks nicer with the steps folded in.

So this happened yesterday. Picked up a new to me Supertramp. New Tremor is on order with build week scheduled for 5/7. Lariat Ultimate Carbonized Grey / 7.3 / Sport Appearance / Dual Battery / Carpet Delete. Back and forth on if I do Tremor steps or Powered. View attachment 152308
Awesome!!!!!!!!! Looks amazing.

I’ll give the opposite point at @Chris-DTA I prefer the Tremor steps. Non-mechanical/ electrical so they can’t fail plus they offer a lot of protection from brush scraping along the bottom of your vehicle or the errant door from some asshole at the mall. I can definitely see both sides but for me I like the added protection.
IMG_1863.jpeg

You see what I mean by added protection.

Congrats. Looks great.

A few things. I would lower the camper jacks as much as possible to prevent any accidents. I assume you did that already, but wanted to mention it. It's just me talking safety.

I had powersteps on my lifted Tremor and was glad I had them. Made it much easier to get in and out. Even with factory height I liked having the more convenient entry and I think the truck looks nicer with the steps folded in.
Thanks Chris. I’ll be lowering it this morning. Took delivery last night and was too exhausted to be doing the Chinese fire drill. Next up is building a platform/dolly for it to rest on.

My only reservation on the power steps is that I’m in Central Oregon and we have snow during the winter. Worried about sticking and frozen issues. I’m putting it on 37s, so I’ll probably go with the power steps. If I run into issues, then I can always swap them out to Tremor steps later.

Awesome!!!!!!!!! Looks amazing.

I’ll give the opposite point at @Chris-DTA I prefer the Tremor steps. Non-mechanical/ electrical so they can’t fail plus they offer a lot of protection from brush scraping along the bottom of your vehicle or the errant door from some asshole at the mall. I can definitely see both sides but for me I like the added protection.
View attachment 152310
You see what I mean by added protection.
Thanks! And this is the reason why I consider the Tremor steps. I had rock sliders with a flat top on my Jeep and Tundra and I do love the protection against tires throwing rocks and errant doors. Non mechanical is a plus too.

I almost went with the Oxford White…

So this happened yesterday. Picked up a new to me Supertramp. New Tremor is on order with build week scheduled for 5/7. Lariat Ultimate Carbonized Grey / 7.3 / Sport Appearance / Dual Battery / Carpet Delete. Back and forth on if I do Tremor steps or Powered.

Great! Which build number is it? (Mainly curious on approx build date as most of the telltale changes are inside, like which of the three faucet designs it has). Now you get to stair at it until the pickup arrives!

Sitting out on location today watching the hands run our pipe. Im loaded up ready to take off the second we tag bottom. Headed to a buddies ranch 40 min away for a 3 day guys weekend we do every spring. 12K acres of river frontage, long range shooting, burning meat, and telling tall tales. Lol We’ve built a range overlooking the river from 315 yds to 1820 yds, and have one from 100-700 at ranch house to shoot off the porch.

Attachments

• 554FD5C8-9EA9-4D67-8EEA-EE1E7EE0FF29.jpeg
    554FD5C8-9EA9-4D67-8EEA-EE1E7EE0FF29.jpeg
    503.5 KB · Views: 23

Nice. We are meeting the owner of #11 for part of our UT trip. They lived out east but now live in CO. He gave an update in the Expedition Portal thread after a year of ownership plus he helps out at STC so we met him in person in March when we picked up our camper. Been talking trucks and campers since then. They are very happy with #11 and it's held up well. We are #95 so still in the double digit club. Jerod (employee at STC that worked on our install) is getting #100. Getting to be enough of them out there that owner's, in various social media, are starting to talk about organizing an "STC-fest".

Nice. We are meeting the owner of #11 for part of our UT trip. They lived out east but now live in CO. He gave an update in the Expedition Portal thread after a year of ownership plus he helps out at STC so we met him in person in March when we picked up our camper. Been talking trucks and campers since then. They are very happy with #11 and it's held up well. We are #95 so still in the double digit club. Jerod (employee at STC that worked on our install) is getting #100. Getting to be enough of them out there that owner's, in various social media, are starting to talk about organizing an "STC-fest".
Count us in…

Camper remounted yesterday and happy that my bike rack swing arm project works as intended. It just clears to open all the way without the bike or rack hitting the camper or flatbed (I had to remove the inner bike tray from the rack though) and allows the rear drawer to open unobstructed. Hitting the road Monday for 1.5 - 2 months!

PXL_20240412_221004825.jpg

PXL_20240412_221015831.jpg

PXL_20240412_220854212.jpg

PXL_20240412_220847117.jpg

Camper remounted yesterday and happy that my bike rack swing arm project works as intended. It just clears to open all the way without the bike or rack hitting the camper or flatbed (I had to remove the inner bike tray from the rack though) and allows the rear drawer to open unobstructed. Hitting the road Monday for 1.5 - 2 months!

That is really cool. Love how it swings 90 degrees like that. I know you said earlier that you usually really only need one bike tray, so removal of the inside one isn't a big deal, but at least you can add a third and fourth tray outboard of your remaining second one if you do need another tray or two. Two thumbs up. (y)(y)

Stop posting those, man. That's mean. I am 5.5 months away from being able to go camping again hahaha. No, seriously - please keep posting. I love it.
While your wait stinks…. It’s SOOOOOO going to be worth it!!!!

Just think you’ll be full time…. You have these views every night!!

IMG_1977.jpeg

IMG_1979.png

Currently blasting the AC in the camper to cool it down from the 90+ temperatures we had today. Certainly won’t need to run it all night but right now we’re drawing a little more than 500W. Really not too bad for a battery powered AC unit.

Nice :cool: . Where are you at for these temperatures?
Southern boarder of NM along the TX boarder. It was HOT lol. At least for a Yankee like me lol.

Back