Truck broken into!!!

Fucking assholes! I don’t like to use cursewords but in this case I will. In 2007 I had my 1990 K5 Blazer stolen right from in front of my house about five days later it was found out in the pasture burned down to the ground. Prior to them burning it down to the ground they stripped everything in the truck of any value. I had the truck completely restored to better than new condition. My dad and I spent four years restoring this truck. To make matters worse I had spent $15,000 restoring the truck and I spent three months fighting with the insurance company to get them up from $3000 they wanted to give me for the total loss to $6700. Something that was on replaceable in the truck was a camera that my wife and I had left in the truck full of pictures of our children that we will never be able to replace. Ever since then every vehicle of any value I have I keep locked with a high-quality steering lock as well everywhere I go. I have seven cameras around my house and a mag lock on my entry gates to my home. It is a damn shame we have to live like this....
Damn, sorry to hear about this.

Since the last update I've fixed my door handle enough so that it can be locked (ish) and I removed the grill and plugged in the horn. I also but a horn shield that will stop anyone from unplugging it or cutting the wires which I of course forgot to take a good picture of. I have the truck secured but now I'm thinking about how to proceed with my life from here. Excuse my language but these fuckers know where I keep the truck and know the code to unlock truck at anytime. My question is whether it is possible to erase the factory keypad code. I know I can add another code but I want to permanently delete the factory one. If it is possible, is it something I can do myself with forscan or I am forced to go to a crappy dealer?

Since the last update I've fixed my door handle enough so that it can be locked (ish) and I removed the grill and plugged in the horn. I also but a horn shield that will stop anyone from unplugging it or cutting the wires which I of course forgot to take a good picture of. I have the truck secured but now I'm thinking about how to proceed with my life from here. Excuse my language but these fuckers know where I keep the truck and know the code to unlock truck at anytime. My question is whether it is possible to erase the factory keypad code. I know I can add another code but I want to permanently delete the factory one. If it is possible, is it something I can do myself with forscan or I am forced to go to a crappy dealer?

I don’t understand, how did they get the factory code? Where did they find it?

I don’t understand, how did they get the factory code? Where did they find it?
It is located on the passenger fuze panel, they used it to attempt to program a new key and steal the truck. I want to delete it so they don't have access.

Is there a decal there that can be removed?
Yes, just pop off the panels and look behind it, it will move a little for you

Could you tell me what you purchased to protect the horn? I live in South Florida also I know this is a problem here
I didn't buy anything, I just used an old tow away sign and cut it up and bent it around the horns, also used the stock mounting hole. Doesn't really restrict airflow and will be a good deterrent. I definitely want to add some volume to my horn game though.

This makes it sound like they can now order/program another key, so they can just comeback and drive off another night.

I think you need to reprogram the entire door/ignition system!

How do we protect our trucks?

They can’t unless you have Ford software. The door code key on the BCM from what I can find doesn’t allow you to add a new key.

They can’t unless you have Ford software. The door code key on the BCM from what I can find doesn’t allow you to add a new key.
That’s not what his post said. I’m sure with the door code and vin you can order/program an additional key. The question is does ford have precautions in place to stop it?

That’s not what his post said. I’m sure with the door code and vin you can order/program an additional key. The question is does ford have precautions in place to stop it?

Look at the video I posted early in the thread.

Look at the video I posted early in the thread.
You are saying that you need the vehicle to program another key. Ray.Powell post made it seem as if the thieves do not need the vehicle and can program a third key themselves or at a ford dealer with the proper programming. I wonder who is correct?

Criminals suck, I deal with them almost daily. I would seriously invest in a front and rear dash cam. A lot of them now are motion sensing, to where they will start recording even when the vehicle is parked and off.

It’s a pretty easy fix to help prevent. The guy who rhino lined my bed told me about this.

Good video thank you for the information! Seems to me that this could be done with zero cost by just opening the door and removing the rod that activates the lock unlock mechanism and keep your OEM doorhandle intact. Anyone try this? Of course the lock cylinder would remain in place but this would prevent one from having to spend any money On the handle and paint. The only drawback from this method that I can see is if our batteries ever died how in the world would we ever get into the trucks?

Good video thank you for the information! Seems to me that this could be done with zero cost by just opening the door and removing the rod that activates the lock unlock mechanism and keep your OEM doorhandle intact. Anyone try this? Of course the lock cylinder would remain in place but this would prevent one from having to spend any money On the handle and paint. The only drawback from this method that I can see is if our batteries ever died how in the world would we ever get into the trucks?
The keypad would should still work at a low voltage. If not a window is cheap

You are saying that you need the vehicle to program another key. Ray.Powell post made it seem as if the thieves do not need the vehicle and can program a third key themselves or at a ford dealer with the proper programming. I wonder who is correct?

Why would Ford make the door code key able to add new fobs? Most people leave the card on there glovebox, so you wouldn’t even need to check the BCM.

WOW!

This is great information that I know have. Sorry it had to come at somebody else's expense.

Why would Ford make the door code key able to add new fobs? Most people leave the card on there glovebox, so you wouldn’t even need to check the BCM.
The code doesn't directly get used to program the fob, it is used to disable the security system that went off. By making the truck think nothing is wrong they can then program a key.

Back