RaptorTremor

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat Sport Tremor 6.7 Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
2014 Raptor SVT Blue Flame
So today I woke up to an alert on my phone from fordpass saying that my hood was opened and the alarm was sounded at 2:30 AM. I went out to the truck this morning and I could see the hood wasn't fully latched.
Inside the truck nothing appeared to be stolen including my garage opener (thank god). However the little tray in the center console was removed, I guess they were hoping for a spare key in there. But wait, there more! The fuze panel in the passenger foot panel was opened and my floor mats were put in the back. My guess here is that they were trying to cause the horn not to sound.
I know 100% that the truck was locked, I haven't driven it a couple of days and the mirrors were folded in (I am a freak about locking my truck). The only way they could have opened the truck is to have a second key or hack the truck with one of those signal extenders or whatever.
I have no clue why they would open the hood.
Thankfully I still have the truck since it seemed they wanted it over whats inside of it. (nothing)
I will provide updates if I have any.

Dang. Any video camera that may have seen it?

well with the Ford pass app it probably easier for a hacker to unlock the truck but they set the alarm off so how the hell did they get the door open?

well with the Ford pass app it probably easier for a hacker to unlock the truck but they set the alarm off so how the hell did they get the door open?
I have heard of a system that can mimmick the signal from the key to open the door. My keys are nowhere near the truck so I doubt they used one of those signal amplifiers that just extends the reach of the key signal.

I have heard of a system that can mimmick the signal from the key to open the door. My keys are nowhere near the truck so I doubt they used one of those signal amplifiers that just extends the reach of the key signal.
yea i heard about this .... nothing you can do.... they are high tech car jackers ..... but happy i have cameras and live in the woods

I've been looking into moving lately so I'm definitely going to invest in a very large garage.

Wow, that's something. Glad to hear the outcome wasn't any worse.

So today I woke up to an alert on my phone from fordpass saying that my hood was opened and the alarm was sounded at 2:30 AM.
I fucking hate criminals. After being the victim a few times, I fully understand Michael Douglas' character in Falling Down.

I feel for you, man.

If you have the number keypad thing on your door, I'd recommend you change the code...

yea i heard about this .... nothing you can do.... they are high tech car jackers ..... but happy i have cameras and live in the woods

You can store your fob in a faraday box. They are cheap but I don't think any of us would follow through actually using the thing.

I fucking hate criminals. After being the victim a few times, I fully understand Michael Douglas' character in Falling Down.

I feel for you, man.

If you have the number keypad thing on your door, I'd recommend you change the code...

To second that. Alot of times they steal the securicode card that lists the keypad entry code. Often people forget to remove the card from the owners manual.

The same thing happened to me in my 2017 Lincoln MKZ.

Woke up and came outside to find that someone had gotten into my car and taken everything that wasnt bolted down.

Luckily they missed my Ray Ban's in the sunglasses holder though and only made off with about $20 in change and my old Ipod.

I know I locked the doors and was confident it was a signal booster for the FOB as there was NO DAMAGE.

UPDATE: Lock is broken and door doesn't lock (the pin doesn't go all the way down), fuze panel over is missing and horn does not work. The lights were shut off and the radio reset which tell me they disconnected the batteries. The brake pedal was rock solid upon start up which tells me they attempted to start the truck repeatedly. I opened the rear door and the bolt cover for the door handle fell onto the ground, maybe just a coincidence. She is going to need a new handle and paint with lock cylinder and who knows what else. This makes me wonder why I still have the truck. They clearly know what they were doing, something must have gone wrong. My thought is maybe there is a software they can use to start and drive the truck away, maybe that system doesn't work for 2020my trucks. Idk, here are some pictures

God, that sucks!

20200922_100459.jpg
20200922_100431.jpg
20200922_100451.jpg
20200922_100454.jpg
20200922_100439.jpg
20200922_102511.jpg

Wow. Those MFers knew exactly what they were doing and went at it with precision. All easy to fix stuff if they did manage to take it. This will definitely be on the back of my mind any time my truck isn’t locked up in my garage. Good luck and thanks for showing/telling us everything. I’m assuming you called the cops?

Back