Tremors with zero problems

New here on the forum and have been cruising through it. Started reading the Tremor Problems threads and I am worried about going from my Tundra TRD Pro (6th straight Toyota) that has been problem free (all of them have) to something that may be in the shop every 1500 miles. Please tell me some success stories.....lol the Tremor looks awesome but I want mine to look awesome going down the road not in the shop.

How many have had ZERO build defects and mechanical problems out of the Tremor?
6.7, 18,505. No issues whatsoever

I was stationed at Loring, KI Sawyer, Grissom, and Shemya. For almost 5 Years I guarded them, then I forecasted the Weather for them 82-87.....I was at Grissom when SAC was disbanded. I currently am working at Ft Bragg, but would give my right arm to find a Job at KBAD.

KBAD is a incredible area and I have rotated my career around this area. I have been around the globe and still come back here and call it home. If I had to leave I would be on a plane for Australia......beautiful country and people.

I've had my 7.3 since April. About 6K miles now. Only problem I've had is the intermittent issues with the rear camera. I just received the recall notice this week for that. However, I took it to the dealer in the summer to address the camera problem. They put dialectic grease on all the connectors and I haven't had any problems since. Love the truck...no complaints.

Yep yep. Zero issues. It will pull a house. If you’re pulling a recreational boat, you’re probably happier with the Tundra - based on your background.

I'm glad to see all these posts. This is one issue that makes me nervous because I'm go I no to be trading my F150 for it. I've had this truck five years and its the only one I've ever had with zero issues. I would be nervous no matter what I was replacing it with though. Ford has definitely earned my business. My wife is on her second Edge and she loves it still and I mentioned my F150. We had two Toyotas that were the worst and I had a Ram that was pretty bad too. The Tundra I had just had a million stupid things that always needed fixed and the Ram had something wrong from the start and they never could figure out what it was. I'm hoping Ford number 4 lives up to the standard set by our first 3.

22,500 miles and zero issues! I think the dealer fixed my carplay that wouldn't connect sometimes with the last update they did with sync

2020 F350 7.3L Lariat Sport 16,000 miles, mostly maxed out GVWR hauling a truck camper through the Rockies with no problems also. If you really need a Super Duty, you will love it. If you're just wanting to upgrade from a Toyota, you will hate the ride.

New here on the forum and have been cruising through it. Started reading the Tremor Problems threads and I am worried about going from my Tundra TRD Pro (6th straight Toyota) that has been problem free (all of them have) to something that may be in the shop every 1500 miles. Please tell me some success stories.....lol the Tremor looks awesome but I want mine to look awesome going down the road not in the shop.

I purchased my first and last Toyota summer of 19. Tacoma TRD 4x4 crew.
1. They said all oil changes needed to be done at toyota or the warranty would be voided.
2. Satellite radio was the worst reception I’ve ever experienced. No Toyota did nothing to fix it.
3. The stereo was awful. It would turn off when the engine was turned off(instead of playing til the door opened). It would not record and play back music like my Fiesta ST would. I asked about highlighting songs and artist that were playing on another station so I could turn to listen. The salesmen just laughed. Again the ST did this.
4. Navigation eta was way off. Over an hour in some cases.
5. During rain it sounded as it was a tin roof with no insulation.
6. Roof weather stripping would come out on the highway and pound on the roof. Bang bang bang on the freeway and backroads.
I asked them to fix it at the aforementioned Toyota appointments and they simply put the back in place. Next time in the highway, bang bang rubber slapping the roof.
7. Check engine light came on. I asked the to check it at the 10k mile service at 5 months of ownership. They said it would be $190. I said what? They $190 to plug in a computer to a truck under warranty.
I declined. Toyota made something like $26 billion and they can’t pay a tech to plug in a computer for 2 minutes on a warranty’d new truck?

Never again!

My Tremor has been flawless! Love It!

Last edited:
1. They said all oil changes needed to be done at toyota or the warranty would be voided.
2. Satellite radio was the worst reception I’ve ever experienced. No Toyota did nothing to fix it.
3. The stereo was awful. It would turn off when the engine was turned off(instead of playing til the door opened). It would not record and play back music like my Fiesta ST would. I asked about highlighting songs and artist that were playing on another station so I could turn to listen. The salesmen just laughed. Again the ST did this.
6. Roof weather stripping would come out on the highway and pound on the roof. Bang bang bang on the freeway and backroads.
I asked them to fix it at the aforementioned Toyota appointments and they simply put the back in place. Next time in the highway, bang bang rubber slapping the roof.
7. Check engine light came on. I asked the to check it at the 10k mile service at 5 months of ownership. They said it would be $190. I said what? They $190 to plug in a computer to a truck under warranty.
I declined. Toyota made something like $26 billion and they can’t pay a tech to plug in a computer for 2 minutes on a warranty’d new truck?

Never again!

Wow that was a bad experience with Toyota. I have been with the same dealership since the 90's and have owned 6 trucks (3 Taco's and 3 Tundra's) and 3 Lexus 460's. They treat me pretty good...lol I have been very lucky to not have any major issues that I have not created myself.....a couple crashes....lol I am looking forward to get getting F250 Tremor and I have never owned a diesel before so that also throws a little worry in the pot. I am sure that I will enjoy the Tremor every time I climb into it!

I feel the same as the OP sometimes. It's a message board, the people on here are typically fall into two catagories: 1) truck enthusiests that want to know more about their trucks, mods, etc. and 2) people with issues they are trying to solve. You're going to see a disproportionate number of threads about issues becuase a thread about loving your truck doesn't start a conversation worth replying to. I am on boards for my truck, fifth wheel, motorcycles, my SUV, etc, etc. Same issue on all of them. If you only read the forums you'd think there wasn't a quality vehicle in existance.

All of the issues you read about start making you second guess yourself. You have to take it all in context though. Of all of the issues you see pop up on this board, only a handfull are actually Tremor related. The vast majority are Super Duty related. Some (like sunroofs, electronics, etc.) are not even speficially Super Duty realted, they are F series related or even just Ford related. Here are number of F series trucks sold since 2017 for reference:

YEARJANFEBMARAPRMAYJUNJULAUGSEPOCTNOVDECTOTAL
201971,53771,53771,53777,92977,92977,92971,39271,39271,39277,98477,98477,984896,526
201858,93768,24387,01173,10484,63979,20470,94981,83975,09270,43872,10287,772909,330
201757,99565,95681,33070,65776,02777,89569,46777,00782,30275,97472,76989,385896,764

Wow that was a bad experience with Toyota. I have been with the same dealership since the 90's and have owned 6 trucks (3 Taco's and 3 Tundra's) and 3 Lexus 460's. They treat me pretty good...lol I have been very lucky to not have any major issues that I have not created myself.....a couple crashes....lol I am looking forward to get getting F250 Tremor and I have never owned a diesel before so that also throws a little worry in the pot. I am sure that I will enjoy the Tremor every time I climb into it!
I have the 7.3. It’s fabulous. Can pull 15k without a sweat!

Never again!

Dealer definitely can make or break a bad experience. After my wife’s RAV4 I have a pretty bad taste in my mouth on Toyota. Dealer was trying to pull a fast one in my opinion a Toyota stance was they back their dealers. Have several friends that swear by Toyota and have not had any issues with them and that is all they ever buy. I have had great luck with my prior Fords and no issues getting problems taken care of but have red where others have struggled. Unfortunately no manufacturer is immune to issues so at that point hopefully your area dealer will help make the issues as inconvenient as possible. One bad dealer can easily sour a person on a brand pretty quickly

PS, still loving my 7.3L with no issues.

Dealer definitely can make or break a bad experience. After my wife’s RAV4 I have a pretty bad taste in my mouth on Toyota. Dealer was trying to pull a fast one in my opinion a Toyota stance was they back their dealers. Have several friends that swear by Toyota and have not had any issues with them and that is all they ever buy. I have had great luck with my prior Fords and no issues getting problems taken care of but have red where others have struggled. Unfortunately no manufacturer is immune to issues so at that point hopefully your area dealer will help make the issues as inconvenient as possible. One bad dealer can easily sour a person on a brand pretty quickly

Gotta say I agree, have uet to have issues with the two Fords I own, one from December 2016, other than stupid engineering design (direct injection with no way of cleaning the injectors). Thats the nature of the beast woth the car though, not so much a problem as what you just have to live with. Ford is growing on me.

I verified with 3 other dealers. They all said the same thing.

Zero problems here. 7000 km so far and 6000 of that is pulling all types of trailers. 7.3 gas. I have had many one tons and trucks with 35 inch tires. It rides rough and feels like it has 35 inch tires it is a lot of awsome truck

Attachments

• 20200926_123918.jpg
    20200926_123918.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 19
Back