Tremors Towing Things

All set for Winter!
tremor_tow.jpg

I just got done towing my antique tractor back home. It went to a friend of mine who is an excellent John Deere mechanic. I had him dry up a few leaks that I felt were above my level of mechanical skill.

It a 1972 John Deere 3020, built the last week of production. Powershift with a M&W turbo put on by the dealership brand new. It has only 3720 original hours. My plan was to get it dried up, then do a cosmetic restoration as I feel it’s a survivor and a great work horse.
A4633CFD-4256-437A-8DB5-2EC985ED3CA7.jpeg

New trailer so had to validate purchase. Weighed in right at 10k on this load (8800 on axles and 1200 on the tongue). Old trailer was an 18’ dove w/o max ramps, so the effective usable area was more like 16’. Can use nearly all 26’ of this one.
41F30F78-2455-4AD4-9962-80A4FF1C0DFE.jpeg

New trailer so had to validate purchase. Weighed in right at 10k on this load (8800 on axles and 1200 on the tongue). Old trailer was an 18’ dove w/o max ramps, so the effective usable area was more like 16’. Can use nearly all 26’ of this one.View attachment 105078
That's a great looking rig stem to stern. Looks like a man ready to get work done! 🍻

New trailer so had to validate purchase. Weighed in right at 10k on this load (8800 on axles and 1200 on the tongue). Old trailer was an 18’ dove w/o max ramps, so the effective usable area was more like 16’. Can use nearly all 26’ of this one.View attachment 105078
Good lookin 3E and setup there 👍🏻

Here's my 3r and 20' BigTex:

Attachments

• 20221009_125352.jpg
    20221009_125352.jpg
    536.9 KB · Views: 68
God damn that two tone looks so good
Thanks! The color combo of the truck and camper going down the road looks killer. I thought it would be too “Old Man” but it has really grown on me.

Trip to Sand Hallow, Utah towing this car.. 5.5 hour drive 🫠View attachment 108693
Nice - you are going to have a great time - Sand Hollow is awesome! Was there last March and going again this March with same group! The Pro R is perfect car for having fun there!

Here is our set up - with S&B fuel tank I was able to drive from S.Cal to Sand Hollow with no stops which was nice - diesel there was $2 per gallon cheaper on the same day than here - filled up in the morning in Hurricane and then when I got home that afternoon!
Fathers Day 1.jpg
Fathers Day 2 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Nice - you are going to have a great time - Sand Hollow is awesome! Was there last March and going again this March with same group! The Pro R is perfect car for having fun there!
I was an amazing trip.
The Pro R did not disappoint.

Here is our set up - with S&B fuel tank I was able to drive from S.Cal to Sand Hollow with no stops which was nice - diesel there was $2 per gallon cheaper on the same day than here - filled up in the morning in Hurricane and then when I got home that afternoon!View attachment 108723View attachment 108721
S&B tank would be nice.. My Tremor is a gasser
Transfer flow has a tank I was looking at but the $$$ wow, the range really isn't to bad stock but to your point driving straight though would be really nice.

S&B tank would be nice.. My Tremor is a gasser
Transfer flow has a tank I was looking at but the $$$ wow, the range really isn't to bad stock but to your point driving straight though would be really nice.
I have had Transfer Flow tanks in past trucks and they were great - high $$$ entry - but so nice ot have the added range and "option" to decide when to stop, especially if you tow a lot. If you are thinking about it, get it as soon as you have the $$$ so you can enjoy it for entire truck life - It is my favorite mod to my truck!

Back