Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

A bit of off-road with the camper. Pax rear torklift scraped a bit. All the squeaking is just the vinyl trim on camper. Guess I should move it back just a little, seems to rub in front of the bed

Gotta get me one of these... :p

1617314132169.png

Camping season is about 3 weeks away for us!!!!!!

next week I get the 5er out of winter storage and start the process of cleaning it. I wash and wax the exterior and clean and treat the roof. My wife does the interior and then we start to pack it for the summer.

My ceramic coater wants to coat it for me, I am thinking way too much product for a camper.

next week I get the 5er out of winter storage and start the process of cleaning it. I wash and wax the exterior and clean and treat the roof. My wife does the interior and then we start to pack it for the summer.

My ceramic coater wants to coat it for me, I am thinking way too much product for a camper.
I wax mine at the end of the season before I put it away and THAT is a lot of work. I couldn’t imagine ceramic coating it

I wax mine at the end of the season before I put it away and THAT is a lot of work. I couldn’t imagine ceramic coating it
The ceramic coat it not going to happen

I wax mine in the fall and in the spring so it's twice a year. Mine is in outside storage by my shop.

I am tempted to have the nose part of it ceramic coated to help keep the bugs off of it.

The ceramic coat it not going to happen

I wax mine in the fall and in the spring so it's twice a year. Mine is in outside storage by my shop.

I am tempted to have the nose part of it ceramic coated to help keep the bugs off of it.
I fell off my ladder last fall. Doing my nose cap. No pun intended. Lol
Actually I didn’t fall. I stepped right off. Lol
Luckily I jumped up before everyone saw it. Scared the crap out of me.

"I wax mine at the end of the season before I put it away and THAT is a lot of work. I couldn’t imagine ceramic coating it"

Just did mine with ceramic, it might have taken 30 minutes.
The bugs are furious!

Last edited:
I plan on using good car wash and a spray wax. Quick and simple. We bought it in October and took it out 1 time before storing for the winter. That first trip, my wife fell in love with a Jayco Northpoint 5th wheel parked right next to us. So ill be doing just enough to keep this one looking good for a year or two... I know an upgrade is in our future. Once the wife gets an idea, it pretty much has to happen at some point.

What type of wax do you use on your camper just bought my first camper last year and it probably could use a good coat of wax

I fell off my ladder last fall. Doing my nose cap. No pun intended. Lol
Actually I didn’t fall. I stepped right off. Lol
Luckily I jumped up before everyone saw it. Scared the crap out of me.
I see you're in Lake George. Have you been to Lake George RV park? Ill be headed there for Memorial Day. Looks like it has great reviews and pics look good but it would be good to get feedback from a local.

I see you're in Lake George. Have you been to Lake George RV park? Ill be headed there for Memorial Day. Looks like it has great reviews and pics look good but it would be good to get feedback from a local.
Yes sir. I usually do 1 trip a year to LG RV park a year. I grew up in lake George. Another member on here will be there for Memorial Day as well. It’s a great park. Tons to do and the kids love it if you have any

I just don't get it. A decent dome tent that I can stand up in costs $250 and takes 2-3 minutes to set up and you don't risk breaking your neck in the middle of the night to take a leak. I've happily camped on most continents and never wished I was in some Rube Goldberg contraption atop a vehicle. OK, I've gotten soggy a few times after not being careful of where I pitched my tent but NBD.

What type of wax do you use on your camper just bought my first camper last year and it probably could use a good coat of wax
I just use the overpriced stuff they sell me at the camper store. Its called "go ahead and take my money" :ROFLMAO:

But it works and one bottle on my rotary buffer will last for both fall and Spring applications.

My camper is a 2014 and still looks like brand new. The way they depreciate, I feel I have to take care of it. Besides we go to all the RV shows and can't ever find a new one we like better than ours. I would love to upgrade someday.

I plan on using good car wash and a spray wax. Quick and simple. We bought it in October and took it out 1 time before storing for the winter. That first trip, my wife fell in love with a Jayco Northpoint 5th wheel parked right next to us. So ill be doing just enough to keep this one looking good for a year or two... I know an upgrade is in our future. Once the wife gets an idea, it pretty much has to happen at some point.
I had a wife like that once. I traded her in for a newer model. True story.

Latest Discussions

Back