Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Picking up the new Tremor this morning!!! Yikes! Supposed to be in on the 9th, but arrived on the 3rd. They are finishing up with the winch install this morning and it has already passed the Pre-delivery inspection.

I plan to throw a thousand miles on it, then change the engine and diff oils, then we are off to Utah for a week or two. Delivering McHitches and spending some time in Goblin Valley.

The last time we were down there, I lost 6 of the 8 wheel studs on my Ram right front wheel, 50 miles from nowhere. We were on our way back from Colorado, where my front diff self destructed.
Love Goblin and San Rafael but it’s the middle of nowhere. Got my Spot because we go there often. I dumped my fluids on the 7.3L at 1000 miles and it was pretty dark and a quart low. These engines take a little more than 8 quarts of Mobil One. Have a great trip.

Let's see your rigs, talk camping and share favorite campgrounds. Here's my current setup. Its a 25 FBT Airstream. It has 900lbs tounge weight and weighs around 7300lb fully loaded. The wife and I love to camp at corps of engineers campgrounds, our favorite is Indian creek on Mark Twain lake in Monroe city, MO. Camping so far with all the new influx of campers hasn't been bad so far.

View attachment 4197
View attachment 4199View attachment 4200
Let's see your rigs, talk camping and share favorite campgrounds. Here's my current setup. Its a 25 FBT Airstream. It has 900lbs tounge weight and weighs around 7300lb fully loaded. The wife and I love to camp at corps of engineers campgrounds, our favorite is Indian creek on Mark Twain lake in Monroe city, MO. Camping so far with all the new influx of campers hasn't been bad so far.

View attachment 4197
View attachment 4199View attachment 4200
Hey Warpath,

Just got my Super duty (3 weeks) The air stream is due in July. What Ball height did you shoot for? What type of shank do you suggest. Need to start looking so I don't have to buy one at the air stream dealer.

Owners Manual says 19 inches for ball height.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Warpath,

Just got my Super duty (3 weeks) The air stream is due in July. What Ball height did you shoot for? What type of shank do you suggest. Need to start looking so I don't have to buy one at the air stream dealer.

Owners Manual says 19 inches for ball height.

Thanks in advance.
I had the Airstream dealer set mine up. Since mine came with a weight distribution hitch it was just easier to have them set it up with thier big level parking lot. Plus I live over an hour away from my dealer and I wanted the WD hitch on for the highway drive.

Strapped the new truck(FX4) up and took the camper to the shop to get ready for the season. Truck Did a great job. I prefer the six speed transmission over the ten speed. However the 10spd is gonna get at least 2 more MPG.

Attachments

• 6BBCB763-0284-407B-A0E0-5B88C48708E0.jpeg
    6BBCB763-0284-407B-A0E0-5B88C48708E0.jpeg
    727.8 KB · Views: 125
Added our Scout Kenai camper this month after waiting for half a year (We actually bought the camper before bumping the Tremor). Super impressed with how the 7.3L gas engine handled the camper's added weight through the mountains, saw no noticable difference. In fact, the gas mileage (albeit not very awesome to begin with) was virtually the same with and without the camper.

Attachments

• Scout1.jpg
    Scout1.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Scout2.jpg
    Scout2.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 244
  • Scout3.jpg
    Scout3.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 242
Added our Scout Kenai camper this month after waiting for half a year (We actually bought the camper before bumping the Tremor). Super impressed with how the 7.3L gas engine handled the camper's added weight through the mountains, saw no noticable difference. In fact, the gas mileage (albeit not very awesome to begin with) was virtually the same with and without the camper.
Nice looking rig Jtv107! Enjoy that beast!

Strapped the new truck(FX4) up and took the camper to the shop to get ready for the season. Truck Did a great job. I prefer the six speed transmission over the ten speed. However the 10spd is gonna get at least 2 more MPG.
Sweet looking Rig SuperNewbie! Ready to roll! ????

Ordered and installed a BuiltRight mount for my new Garmin 890RV. It mounted up nicely at line of sight and zero screen bounce -solid mount.
No issues with blocking my view at all. The 890 has a lot of RV travel/camping information and features a standard gps lacks.

B6AD2446-90D6-43FE-B971-E6CF525B6BE5.jpeg
EA7BFFBF-4DD0-4405-AE65-37F17A5F1632.jpeg

Visited several state parks in Texas this week with family, Tremor did an awesome job towing travel trailer. First pic is at Blanco State Park and second pic is at McKinney Falls State Park.

Attachments

• 8D9EADE4-D439-47E5-BBB4-3107EABDB9EA.jpeg
    8D9EADE4-D439-47E5-BBB4-3107EABDB9EA.jpeg
    699.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 2C627B80-01F6-4618-8B4B-05CA23B68B89.jpeg
    2C627B80-01F6-4618-8B4B-05CA23B68B89.jpeg
    681.3 KB · Views: 86
Soooo looking forward to our first trip with this new rig! I've had the camper over a year and put quite a few miles on it with our 04 F250 with a V10 (posted earlier in the thread). But this will be the first real trip pulling the camper with the Tremor.
20210307_180551.jpg

Also added some fun stuff to the scene on the side of the camper because the kids like it and; *shrugs* why not. We nicknamed our camper "Darth Trailer" so keeping the theme going...

20210307_180505.jpg

20210307_180620.jpg

Ordered and installed a BuiltRight mount for my new Garmin 890RV. It mounted up nicely at line of sight and zero screen bounce -solid mount.
No issues with blocking my view at all. The 890 has a lot of RV travel/camping information and features a standard gps lacks.

View attachment 19832View attachment 19833
Great set up! This forum has cost me so much money lol.

I never considered an RV specific GPS but it certainly would be useful. Google Maps and Waze do not seem to understand that not everything is a Tesla size car.

The stock navigation is really no better and doesn't seem to understand English. I haven't been successful at using voice to search for a destination yet.

I may need to spend some time on the Garmin website.

View attachment 19832View attachment 19833
I have a similar setup. I love my gramin RV.
20210320_125231.jpg

We traded in a Cirrus 820 for the HQ19, therefore no tailgate in these pictures. We got it from Tom’s Camperland in Mesa, Tristan is great. Could not wait 8 months for ROA. I saw your comments on the breakaway battery on the FB forum. That Rapid Red Tremor is going to look nice hooked up to your HQ19. I got your number, I will give you a call.
Hey Uncas, curious why you ended up trading in the Cirrus 820? I've heard great things and they look really cool from the pics/vids I've seen.

Back