Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Our Tremor and GD Imagine 2400BH. Both new to us since December 2020. Bringing the TT home for the first time, maiden trip to Paris Landing State Park in TN (viewing the Bald Eagles) and the second outing to DeSoto State Park in Alabama.

Loving both so far.
Nice looking set up you've got, although I may a bit biased as I have the same trailer and am just waiting for my Tremor to arrive. Out of curiosity are you running an E4 hitch set up on your rig? From the photo it looks like it might be and I run an E4 currently and I was wondering if you were able to use the standard hitch shank to get the proper hitch height or if you had to purchase a different one to get enough drop in the hitch. Also just curious if you can provide an idea of what fuel mileage you are seeing while towing your Imagine. Sorry for the questions, but it isn't often to see someone with the same set up, and I am just trying to be as prepared as possible for when the truck finally arrives.

Decided to pull the trigger on the Grand Design Transcend today. First road trip starts tomorrow evening.

We lasted about 4 months with the pop up which we bought to tow with the upcoming Bronco only to realize it was too big for the Bronco. Now that we have the Tremor we might as well go a little bigger with our camper.
Nice coach! Congrats welcome to the grand design club

Nice looking set up you've got, although I may a bit biased as I have the same trailer and am just waiting for my Tremor to arrive. Out of curiosity are you running an E4 hitch set up on your rig? From the photo it looks like it might be and I run an E4 currently and I was wondering if you were able to use the standard hitch shank to get the proper hitch height or if you had to purchase a different one to get enough drop in the hitch. Also just curious if you can provide an idea of what fuel mileage you are seeing while towing your Imagine. Sorry for the questions, but it isn't often to see someone with the same set up, and I am just trying to be as prepared as possible for when the truck finally arrives.
Yes, using the E4. Just the hitch purchased from the dealer at the same time we purchased the GD. Top bolt in the fourth hole from the top.

Mileage for the trip home and the two camping trips currently is around 10 mpg. That is traveling over a few "mountains" 2000 ft. elevation (Monteagle Mountain and Lookout Mountain). Without the trailer I am getting 11-12 around town and 14 on interstate so far.

You have good taste....
Thank you for your service.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pictures of my HQ19 at Seven Mile Ridge in Moab. Don't have my Tremor yet. I should have it in two weeks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 8.05.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 8.05.55 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 176
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 8.35.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 8.35.54 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Yes, using the E4. Just the hitch purchased from the dealer at the same time we purchased the GD. Top bolt in the fourth hole from the top.

Mileage for the trip home and the two camping trips currently is around 10 mpg. That is traveling over a few "mountains" 2000 ft. elevation (Monteagle Mountain and Lookout Mountain). Without the trailer I am getting 11-12 around town and 14 on interstate so far.

You have good taste....
Thank you for your service.
That is great info, I appreciate it. That fuel mileage is better than I was thinking it would be. I'm just trying not to lose my mind waiting for the truck to show up so my time ends up being used to learn as much as I can about the truck before it gets here. I can't wait to get the truck and get out with the trailer again. Thanks again for the info.

I am much attracted to Black Series but I don't want to give the Chinese that much money. They say they're 'assembled' in LA from parts manufactured in China but I'm willing to bet that 'assembly' doesn't amount to more than putting the wheels and roof attachments on.

I am much attracted to Black Series but I don't want to give the Chinese that much money. They say they're 'assembled' in LA from parts manufactured in China but I'm willing to bet that 'assembly' doesn't amount to more than putting the wheels and roof attachments on.

I am in the same boat and am leaning towards the Outdoors RV.

how do you enjoy yours so far? Any notable issues?

I think the Black Series are marginally more capable to off road but the Outdoors Rv have a significantly greater build quality.

We had a bad ground on our slide switch. Weird thing is it worked on our first trip and then quit. An easy fix. On our second trip we torture tested it on a bone-jarring road. The dinette window valence fell off! LOL - cosmetic. That was 8 months ago and it's been great since except for the tank display. The cover has two plastic prongs which are supposed to hold the little puter board against the cover so when you pressthe appropriate button it contacts the 'switch' on the board. The right hand prong doesn't hold the board so the black and grey tank lights don't work. Now that I've sussed it I think a MacGuyver fix is in order. A stout rubber band may do the trick. :LOL:

Just returned from a week of boondocking in Death Valley. The wife's concept of water conservation leaves a bit to be desired, OK - a lot, but we could have boondocked at least 2-3 days more. It was quite cold at night so the furnace ran a lot at night (but was turned off for sleepy time), the frig was on propane the whole time, and the propane water heater was run a fair bit and we used 85% (according to Mopeka monitor) of one of our two 40 lb bottles!

I'm sure the Black is more capable off road but I've a MacGuyver in mind for ORVY to prevent dragging the rear stabilizers.

ORVY has TWICE the tankage of a Black and we have the Onan/Cummins genny which works perfectly. Being $30K cheaper isn't chopped liver either!

Actually, there is a lot more to it than that, with a large factory in Los Angeles, and the transportation to dealers all over the US.

It's pretty hard to buy anything that isn't at least partly Chinese these days.

From what I see Outoor RV is simply a name on a conventional trailer. No independent suspension with twin off-road shocks per wheel, no articulating hitch, no 12" brakes, or LT tires, no hot dipped galvanized frames, no inverter/charger modern electrical, no recovery shackles on the rear, no heavy gauge diamond plate siding or aluminum roof. Black Series come standard with four batteries mounted over the axles, separate general and drinking water tanks with a filtering system on the drinking water. A full stainless steel outdoor kitchen and a washing machine, twin LT spare tires on aluminum wheels, standard solar system, etc, etc.

Raspy, actually the ORV Backcountry series has quite a stout frame and suspension with off-road shocks and 16" F and G rated tires. Not as stout as a Black but better than anything else out there. I must say that articulating hitch you have is cool. I don't see the need for an inverter as our solar system with two batteries does all we need. Our 100 gallons of fresh gets filtered as it is filled and our 42 gal black and grey tanks is unbeatable AFAIK. Our 80 lbs of LP is pretty sweet too. That said, if money were no object and if the Black wasn't mostly Chinese I would be all over it.

Our Tremor and GD Imagine 2400BH. Both new to us since December 2020. Bringing the TT home for the first time, maiden trip to Paris Landing State Park in TN (viewing the Bald Eagles) and the second outing to DeSoto State Park in Alabama.

Loving both so far.
Love that area...used to Mountain Bike in the Northern end of Land Between the Lakes....don't forget to get a 2inch Pork Chop at Patti's Settlement

Last edited:
My current tow vehicle. The tremor will be here is 2 weeks just in time for camping season in NJ.

Attachments

• A1E2CE08-D150-466E-B759-6C9E3D047963.png
    A1E2CE08-D150-466E-B759-6C9E3D047963.png
    817.5 KB · Views: 102
  • A9E8362D-2789-4270-9448-972CA054C181.jpeg
    A9E8362D-2789-4270-9448-972CA054C181.jpeg
    573.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 29056DE9-8777-415D-A6A4-77A55C90BEBE.jpeg
    29056DE9-8777-415D-A6A4-77A55C90BEBE.jpeg
    764.5 KB · Views: 100
Nice Oliver. I had hull 92 for three years and 20,000 miles. Across the Country twice and a lot of trips in Nevada, Utah, and CA
Thank you!! Just drove up and paid a visit to Topgun2 - a super nice guy and he got us started with our Ollie by showing us his. ??

Here are a couple of pictures of my HQ19 at Seven Mile Ridge in Moab. Don't have my Tremor yet. I should have it in two weeks!
Here’s ours @Raspy, complete with one of your McHitch setups.
I have the blinking taillights but I am going to leave them as is, makes for good chase lights on dusty roads.
80E63152-73B1-43F8-9821-D1210022D037.jpeg
577AC2B0-12F7-4932-AEC4-FBA3511DC289.jpeg

Got my 21 Forest River Surveyor Legend 296QBLE (profile pic) in the shop getting the brakes fixed before I head to Moab/ Zion next week. I was burnishing in the brakes last weekend and the front axles' brakes didn't get warm at all. I thought it might just need adjusted but no, needed to take it in. The magnets might need replaced or maybe there's as short somewhere. Anyways, don't forget to test/check all your brakes. The Lippert brakes a lot of us have on our TT's and 5ers need adjustment at 200 miles and then every 3000 miles.

Here’s ours @Raspy, complete with one of your McHitch setups.
I have the blinking taillights but I am going to leave them as is, makes for good chase lights on dusty roads.View attachment 18584View attachment 18585
View attachment 18586
That looks great. I can hardly wait till my HQ19 is hooked up to my Tremor. Did you get your 19 from Shane? If you'd like to talk about the blinking tail lights, and related breakaway battery issues, get ahold of me with a PM and I'll give you my phone number. It's easy to fix.
BTW, why did you leave your tailgate off?

That looks great. I can hardly wait till my HQ19 is hooked up to my Tremor. Did you get your 19 from Shane? If you'd like to talk about the blinking tail lights, and related breakaway battery issues, get ahold of me with a PM and I'll give you my phone number. It's easy to fix.
BTW, why did you leave your tailgate off?
We traded in a Cirrus 820 for the HQ19, therefore no tailgate in these pictures. We got it from Tom’s Camperland in Mesa, Tristan is great. Could not wait 8 months for ROA. I saw your comments on the breakaway battery on the FB forum. That Rapid Red Tremor is going to look nice hooked up to your HQ19. I got your number, I will give you a call.

We traded in a Cirrus 820 for the HQ19, therefore no tailgate in these pictures. We got it from Tom’s Camperland in Mesa, Tristan is great. Could not wait 8 months for ROA. I saw your comments on the breakaway battery on the FB forum. That Rapid Red Tremor is going to look nice hooked up to your HQ19. I got your number, I will give you a call.
Picking up the new Tremor this morning!!! Yikes! Supposed to be in on the 9th, but arrived on the 3rd. They are finishing up with the winch install this morning and it has already passed the Pre-delivery inspection.

I plan to throw a thousand miles on it, then change the engine and diff oils, then we are off to Utah for a week or two. Delivering McHitches and spending some time in Goblin Valley.

The last time we were down there, I lost 6 of the 8 wheel studs on my Ram right front wheel, 50 miles from nowhere. We were on our way back from Colorado, where my front diff self destructed.

Back