Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

I forgot to say I had to add 2” spaces to the front happij aces to clear the rear fenders.
Thanks for the information! Hallmark told me I need to put 2x4s down in the bed to get it clearance to the cab. What are you using for tie downs?

Thanks for the information! Hallmark told me I need to put 2x4s down in the bed to get it clearance to the cab. What are you using for tie downs?
They are correct, I use 2x3‘s to get the camper to clear the cap. I use the Torquelift front - F2022A and rear - F3008A. Were easy to install and are tight the body, so won’t take away from ground clearance.

FYI I just viewed a utube of a camper who had put the 2x4s down in the bed and then over tightened his tie downs and bent the bed on his f250. Seems something wider or along both sides might be safer.

FYI I just viewed a utube of a camper who had put the 2x4s down in the bed and then over tightened his tie downs and bent the bed on his f250. Seems something wider or along both sides might be safer.
Owens Corning Foamular NGX will disperse the weight and add additional R value. It’s lightweight and will handle all the pressure you put to it (100 psi) as long as it’s spread over the surface area.

Owens Corning Foamular NGX will disperse the weight and add additional R value. It’s lightweight and will handle all the pressure you put to it (100 psi) as long as it’s spread over the surface area.
Good to know. I put my 2x3’s side to side with about a 2 foot spread to help dis use the load.

Decided to pull the trigger on the Grand Design Transcend today. First road trip starts tomorrow evening.

We lasted about 4 months with the pop up which we bought to tow with the upcoming Bronco only to realize it was too big for the Bronco. Now that we have the Tremor we might as well go a little bigger with our camper.

Attachments

• IMG_20210218_170912.jpg
    IMG_20210218_170912.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20210218_133541.jpg
    IMG_20210218_133541.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 151
Decided to pull the trigger on the Grand Design Transcend today. First road trip starts tomorrow evening.

We lasted about 4 months with the pop up which we bought to tow with the upcoming Bronco only to realize it was too big for the Bronco. Now that we have the Tremor we might as well go a little bigger with our camper.
Looks like a nice upgrade. I'm just waiting for the wife to decide we need to upgrade too, but from our 29' TT to a 5er...

What WDH setup are you using? I have a Fastway E2 that I had for my F150 that I will use on longer trips - mostly for the sway control.

Looks like a nice upgrade. I'm just waiting for the wife to decide we need to upgrade too, but from our 29' TT to a 5er...

What WDH setup are you using? I have a Fastway E2 that I had for my F150 that I will use on longer trips - mostly for the sway control.
They set me up with an Equalizer hitch. We are still on LazyDays property since they let us test it out overnight before taking it home. Tomorrow will be my first test towing something over 20 foot. I believe this one rings in at 29 and change. Only 7,000 pounds fully loaded which seems to be a light load for the tremor from what everyone has said. We shall see tomorrow I guess.

They set me up with an Equalizer hitch. We are still on LazyDays property since they let us test it out overnight before taking it home. Tomorrow will be my first test towing something over 20 foot. I believe this one rings in at 29 and change. Only 7,000 pounds fully loaded which seems to be a light load for the tremor from what everyone has said. We shall see tomorrow I guess.
Sounds good. I'm still waiting to pull something larger than our little yard waste trailer with the Tremor. First trip scheduled for April and ours is a 29', 33' tip to tail, 6k dry and about 7k loaded. Shouldn't feel like anything behind the Tremor compared to my F150.

Our Tremor and GD Imagine 2400BH. Both new to us since December 2020. Bringing the TT home for the first time, maiden trip to Paris Landing State Park in TN (viewing the Bald Eagles) and the second outing to DeSoto State Park in Alabama.

Loving both so far.

Attachments

• IMG_3208.jpg
    IMG_3208.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_3211.jpg
    IMG_3211.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_3232.jpg
    IMG_3232.jpg
    645.9 KB · Views: 160
I don't see that you mention your options elsewhere, so would you mind listing what goes along with that 3941? I ordered a blacked-out 350 Lariat 7.3L also but threw in a moon roof and winch. I'm hoping I get at least 3500 out of it. I have a window sticker but I don't see a way to get any payload info out of it. I'll probably get it in a month but... you know. Thx.
I'm curious, what is the wet weight of your camper?

I'm really torn between needing a 16.5ti winch or if I can get away with using the 12k Tremor specific Warn winch. My rig will be a dedicated truck camper and with included camper, end up at 9,900 lbs fully loaded, wet.

Do you think the 12k Tremor Warn winch will be sufficient for your rig plus camper? I know most manufacturers suggest the 1.5x GVWR rule for winch sizing.

I'm curious, what is the wet weight of your camper?

I'm really torn between needing a 16.5ti winch or if I can get away with using the 12k Tremor specific Warn winch. My rig will be a dedicated truck camper and with included camper, end up at 9,900 lbs fully loaded, wet.

Do you think the 12k Tremor Warn winch will be sufficient for your rig plus camper? I know most manufacturers suggest the 1.5x GVWR rule for winch sizing.
Get a snatch block. Double your line pull at the expense of half the reach.

Get a snatch block. Double your line pull at the expense of half the reach.
That's what I'm debating. I often find myself in places where a good winching tree can be a luxury.

I'm between the factory 12k with winch extension, snatch blocks, and a land/sand anchor or playing it safe and going for the 16.5.

That's what I'm debating. I often find myself in places where a good winching tree can be a luxury.

I'm between the factory 12k with winch extension, snatch blocks, and a land/sand anchor or playing it safe and going for the 16.5.
What’s the capacity of the 16.5 lengthwise?

That one has 80 ft just trying to figure out how much length you could pull from. You’d definitely want an extension either way.
Oh, my mistake! I misread your comment.

Yes, I'd plan to get an extension either way. Right now I'm just torn about making do with the 12,000lb factory winch or jumping in capacity to a 15 or 16.5.

Back