Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Lake casitas campground so cal. 74 degrees mid day and not one cloud all weekend in friggen February, Low 40s at night. Def not pushing the truck at all but towed like a dream. Was wondering if air bags were in my future but sat and towed great.

Attachments

• 2AB20DB4-F18F-431C-87E9-155EA7B96678.jpeg
    2AB20DB4-F18F-431C-87E9-155EA7B96678.jpeg
    472.8 KB · Views: 124
  • A00D0228-E218-4787-B8F6-65AE42291981.jpeg
    A00D0228-E218-4787-B8F6-65AE42291981.jpeg
    695.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 5CE75E23-D9EF-46D0-B0C3-6A08F33A504E.jpeg
    5CE75E23-D9EF-46D0-B0C3-6A08F33A504E.jpeg
    466.2 KB · Views: 120
  • BDA523D4-8390-4B02-929C-5809A2FF831D.jpeg
    BDA523D4-8390-4B02-929C-5809A2FF831D.jpeg
    656.1 KB · Views: 124
Get out there and use em! The new 350 going to be bringing us to Disney’s Fort Wilderness this year! Also, I recommend this pizza oven for anyone’s camp.
That skull pool is moose hillock for sure

we take a week trip every year there and did seasonal there in 2018

Patriot, how's the Oliver treated you? How long you had it?
I'm attracted by the fibreglass and quality but they look a trifle cramped inside.

In any event you be eatin' good in the neighborhood!

Patriot, how's the Oliver treated you? How long you had it?
I'm attracted by the fibreglass and quality but they look a trifle cramped inside.

In any event you be eatin' good in the neighborhood!
The Ollie is awesome, everything we need and nothing we don’t. It’s perfect for our needs and fully optioned out.
Ours is a 2020. I think the waiting list to have one custom (with options you want) built is already pushed out to 2022. And I read they have gone up in price by about 5k for a 2021. The factory tour in Hohenwald, Tenn is pretty amazing as well.

Last edited:
Where did you find a Ford recommendation of 3300 lbs for a slide in? My 2021 diesel lariat has a max load of about 2800. Is yours a diesel.?
In Ford’s towing guide, I screenshot and highlighted the entry here. Ford tests their trucks with weighted device that resembles a slide in in terms of center of mass and overall dimensions.
61BD427A-97DA-431D-9C31-8F90FD4342B2.jpeg

My truck is an F350 Lariat with 7.3 gas obviously. My payload is listed as 3941 on the door jamb.

In Ford’s towing guide, I screenshot and highlighted the entry here. Ford tests their trucks with weighted device that resembles a slide in in terms of center of mass and overall dimensions.
View attachment 16833
My truck is an F350 Lariat with 7.3 gas obviously. My payload is listed as 3941 on the door jamb.
I don't see that you mention your options elsewhere, so would you mind listing what goes along with that 3941? I ordered a blacked-out 350 Lariat 7.3L also but threw in a moon roof and winch. I'm hoping I get at least 3500 out of it. I have a window sticker but I don't see a way to get any payload info out of it. I'll probably get it in a month but... you know. Thx.

I don't see that you mention your options elsewhere, so would you mind listing what goes along with that 3941? I ordered a blacked-out 350 Lariat 7.3L also but threw in a moon roof and winch. I'm hoping I get at least 3500 out of it. I have a window sticker but I don't see a way to get any payload info out of it. I'll probably get it in a month but... you know. Thx.
All you can do is wait. Or get a general idea from others on this thread.
From what I gather on here, I’ll be in the 3800 range. Lariat, 7.3, 5th wheel prep, nav, tail gate step, spray in bed liner and 3rd brake light camera and Carpet delete.

This truck is a very loaded out Lariat: https://www.colefordlincoln.com/new/1FT8W3BN1LEE17923.htm

It has a payload sticker of 3574 pounds. One mystery question out there is if Ford factors in the winch for payload. It seems like they wouldn't, but I don't think anyone has posted some actual scale measurements to confirm.

My options:
F272B206-E64E-4E25-A15E-521BD46333D9.png

Actual scale weight of my truck is:
Front axle 4050 empty, 4200 w/driver
Rear axle 3050 empty, 3100 w/driver
Couple items to remember are that with slide in camper you lose the tailgate, but gain tie down hardware. Also, the winch overall does add weight but it actually transfers weight off of the rear axle onto the front, so if you have to add weight, it is not that terrible in terms of rear axle weight which is always the battle with slide in camper.
I am planning on doing a PTO driven hydraulic generator under the bed in the future (still looking for a good used generator, but found the adapter and hydraulic pump). I have added a separate charge circuit that allows me to charge the camper batteries in a couple hours of driving. Used 4 gauge wire, 100 amp lift gate plug, and I have a shunt that allows me to monitor voltage and current in real time on my phone while driving.
Jcamper

This truck is a very loaded out Lariat: https://www.colefordlincoln.com/new/1FT8W3BN1LEE17923.htm

It has a payload sticker of 3574 pounds. One mystery question out there is if Ford factors in the winch for payload. It seems like they wouldn't, but I don't think anyone has posted some actual scale measurements to confirm.
Cool. Mine will be the same Tremor minus the engine block heater, adaptive steering, cab lights, 5th wheel prep, and heated rear seats. My MSRP comes in about $1300 less. Thank you.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2021 Grand Design Transcend model 247BH. (Thinking going with the model without a slide to save weight and possible things that could go wrong.)

Any reason not to make the deal? Should we consider any other options?

My truck has the 7.3L, the GVWR is 6,995.
GD makes a good product. I researched for a year before pulling the trigger on the Imagine 2800bh. We’ve traveled in the last 18 mos of ownership 8,700 miles and stayed 125 nights... one issue (the propane detector failed, on the road and aGD dealer git us set up while passing through). I would give the input to get the slide even if you think you may wanna use it. im glad we got the unit we wanted and didn’t settle. Also take a look at the imagine, the weight shouldn’t be too far off.

I did a lot of research. GD and Lance were my other two choices after Outdoors RV which was chosen for its boondocking capability. If I were inclined to stay on the pavement then GD would have been my choice. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2021 Grand Design Transcend model 247BH. (Thinking going with the model without a slide to save weight and possible things that could go wrong.)

Any reason not to make the deal? Should we consider any other options?

My truck has the 7.3L, the GVWR is 6,995.
1613284023616.png

I have a 2007 Hallmark that I hope will fit on my Tremor. The Tremor is so much taller I am hoping I can get it high enough to get the truck under it. Any issues with that? One of my hunting buddies puts concrete block under the jacks to raise it up high enough. TIA ???
you will need blocks. I just went to local sawmill and got some of their scape 8x8 blocks about a foot long. Once it is on you’ll really enjoy having the capabilities of the Tremor. ?

Back