Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Yeah, I’ll get it fired up a few hours before we leave.

We won’t be running much of anything other than some lights at night. Probably the fan when we shower.

@Supercup recommended lipo batteries too. I saw the prices for Battle Born batteries and decided to wait.

I checked out your website. Your trailer is really nice. We just got a little Basecamp. Excited to take it into the mountains this weekend. The photos below were on the way home after picking it up. Probably as clean as it will ever be.
That's awesome. I really like the Basecamps and would constantly wander off to go sit in them. I'd love to take one and really have some fun with it, but we needed more space for what we were doing.

Take care of your current batteries and you'll be fine for a while, you don't need to run right out and make the switch. But in the long run it will be a nice upgrade and added piece of mind ... but certainly not a requirement.

My battleship.

Attachments

• IMG_1959.JPEG
    IMG_1959.JPEG
    107.5 KB · Views: 97
Here's a few picture of my new to me 2021 F350 Tremor with our brand new 2022 Alliance Paradigm 310RL. 35' long, 15,0000 GVWR if I load it to the max. Probably about 13,5000 right now. Going to weigh it next week. I opted for the GenY gooseneck hitch to free up space in the bed. Pulls much better than my old bumper pull, and I think better than a lot of the 5th wheel hitch setups available.

Attachments

• IMG_6294.jpg
    IMG_6294.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6299.jpg
    IMG_6299.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6300.jpg
    IMG_6300.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 91
Here's a few picture of my new to me 2021 F350 Tremor with our brand new 2022 Alliance Paradigm 310RL. 35' long, 15,0000 GVWR if I load it to the max. Probably about 13,5000 right now. Going to weigh it next week. I opted for the GenY gooseneck hitch to free up space in the bed. Pulls much better than my old bumper pull, and I think better than a lot of the 5th wheel hitch setups available.
I like the look of the GenY. If we had a 5th wheel that would be the way I’d go.

I also will be going to a Gen Y or a Reese Goose box once I find the right ATC 36' toybox - great to maintain the bed space and they tow even better than the 5th wheel!

I also will be going to a Gen Y or a Reese Goose box once I find the right ATC 36' toybox - great to maintain the bed space and they tow even better than the 5th wheel!
I looked hard at both of them. I thought the GenY was better constructed and a better idea.

Nice Alliance! That's the same model I'm looking at. Love to hear your thought on it and how it tows with your rig.

Last edited:
Took the family up to Gualala River Redwood Park this last weekend. It was our first time there and my first time pulling anything on HWY 1. The truck towed great, averaged 9.5 mpg. I love the power and the exhaust brake even more. My firestone ride-rite bags did fail somehow though. I discovered 0 PSI when we pulled into the site and looked under and the spacers were completely gone. I found one bolt loosely wedged behind a bracket on the axle though.
IMG_3021.jpg

Took the family up to Gualala River Redwood Park this last weekend. It was our first time there and my first time pulling anything on HWY 1. The truck towed great, averaged 9.5 mpg. I love the power and the exhaust brake even more. My firestone ride-rite bags did fail somehow though. I discovered 0 PSI when we pulled into the site and looked under and the spacers were completely gone. I found one bolt loosely wedged behind a bracket on the axle though.View attachment 122402
What camper model is that?

@Bill and @Supercup

Just wanted to follow-up and say thanks for the info regarding solar. You two were spot on. Over memorial weekend the fridge and solar worked great. It was a mix of sun and rain, so a good test. I did check how many watts were coming in about every 12 minutes and would let the entire camp know. I was pretty excited.

I'm going to use the AGMs through this summer. But I can see where lithium would give me some peace of mind. Especially if clouds come in.

IMG_2204.jpeg

Back