Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

We brought our Carbon 338 Toy Hauler home today. It pulled great! Very smooth. Plenty of power. Just the right amount of bed rail clearance. The Superglide hitch allows full 90° turning (I tested it at a nearby truck stop). The rear sag is just about right. Truck is level (enough), camper is level. They fit together according to plan. Picking it up from the dealer was a fiasco )they didn't fix anything we had on our list and had damaged the pigtail cable with the forklift.

View attachment 115075View attachment 115076View attachment 115077View attachment 115078
Congrats on the new rig! Have fun with it.

Which dealer did you buy from. We live near Walnut Ridge RV in New Castle. They are one of the few dealerships with great customer service and great integrity.
It's a place about an hour from us called Buckeye RV (we live near Cincinnati, OH). My parents bought from there and had a good experience. They dropped the ball for us, big time. We bought the camper about a month ago and they were holding it for us until we were ready to pick it up. They had a to-do list of things to correct on it. They didn't do any of it (even though I called them almost 2 Meeks ago to arrange the pick-up) and then we found that their forklift driver had destroyed the pigtail cable in it. We were fortune that they had a couple of rockstar service guys who set it right for us in a couple hours, but it should've never been that way. Not to mention, they never cleaned it like they said they would and after we got it home we realized it was missing the rear patio stairs (I have to call them about that on Monday). It made the process of picking up a brand new RV much less exciting and more frustrating than it should ever be.

-SR-

Was in Vegas last week for the DU continental shoot. First time out with the new ORV trailer.
20230302_180418.jpg

It's a place about an hour from us called Buckeye RV (we live near Cincinnati, OH). My parents bought from there and had a good experience. They dropped the ball for us, big time. We bought the camper about a month ago and they were holding it for us until we were ready to pick it up. They had a to-do list of things to correct on it. They didn't do any of it (even though I called them almost 2 Meeks ago to arrange the pick-up) and then we found that their forklift driver had destroyed the pigtail cable in it. We were fortune that they had a couple of rockstar service guys who set it right for us in a couple hours, but it should've never been that way. Not to mention, they never cleaned it like they said they would and after we got it home we realized it was missing the rear patio stairs (I have to call them about that on Monday). It made the process of picking up a brand new RV much less exciting and more frustrating than it should ever be.

-SR-
Man I hate to hear that. I talked to a guy this morning at the gas station that was pulling a pretty new looking trailer. He was gassing up next to me and he talked about how much he liked Walnut Ridge. He said he was on his way back there to trade the conventional trailer in on a fifth wheel. They must have worked a good enough deal for him. Usually trading in a one year old camper you lose you butt.

Well I hope it all smooths out for you and things come together. Nothing like starting out disappointed. Seems you hear more stories like this than the good experiences.

We brought our Carbon 338 Toy Hauler home today. It pulled great! Very smooth. Plenty of power. Just the right amount of bed rail clearance. The Superglide hitch allows full 90° turning (I tested it at a nearby truck stop). The rear sag is just about right. Truck is level (enough), camper is level. They fit together according to plan. Picking it up from the dealer was a fiasco )they didn't fix anything we had on our list and had damaged the pigtail cable with the forklift.

View attachment 115075View attachment 115076View attachment 115077View attachment 115078
Congrats! Nice looking setup. What "toys" do you have (or have planned) for the hauler portion?

Last edited:
Depoe Bay, Oregon Trip. First trip with Tremor. Only issue was trailer 7 way power cord kept disconnecting. Need to figure that out but otherwise awesome.

Attachments

• 2587B8C0-8CAB-4222-8F8A-80CF68061332.jpeg
    2587B8C0-8CAB-4222-8F8A-80CF68061332.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 830A9D06-E823-4910-89CE-99C65A0C8AD2.jpeg
    830A9D06-E823-4910-89CE-99C65A0C8AD2.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 691B7AFA-856E-4614-8F5F-795CF47470FE.jpeg
    691B7AFA-856E-4614-8F5F-795CF47470FE.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 25
Depoe Bay, Oregon Trip. First trip with Tremor. Only issue was trailer 7 way power cord kept disconnecting. Need to figure that out but otherwise awesome.
I know that spot

Dielectric grease on the 7 way may help it stay seated. I use a little on the plug face and havent had any issues (knock on wood:)

Congrats! Nice looking setup. What "toys" do you have (or have planned) for the hauler portion?
We have an Indian Roadmaster and a couple of kayaks. From time to time, we may be hauling my in-laws' HD Ultraglide as well, it'll be interesting to see if we can fit 2 kayaks and 2 large motorcycles in the garage at the same time. My kayak, in particular, is 12' long and will need to be at an angle (either vertically or horizontally) to fit in the 10' garage. Then again if I'm hauling my in-laws' motorcycle, that means they are probably bringing their (non-toy-hauler) 5th wheel, too and they have a hitch-mounter vertical kayak rack on the back of theirs. We're well input way to convoy status around here.

-SR-

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I hate to hear that. I talked to a guy this morning at the gas station that was pulling a pretty new looking trailer. He was gassing up next to me and he talked about how much he liked Walnut Ridge. He said he was on his way back there to trade the conventional trailer in on a fifth wheel. They must have worked a good enough deal for him. Usually trading in a one year old camper you lose you butt.

Well I hope it all smooths out for you and things come together. Nothing like starting out disappointed. Seems you hear more stories like this than the good experiences.
Walnut Ridge near Indianapolis? I always assumed that Indiana RV dealers would've been some of the best seeing as how most campers are manufactured in their home state, but the couple we went to were underwhelming. I hadn't heard of Walnut Hills until now, unfortunately. At least we got an interesting story to tell out of it. And I'm still pleased as punch at how my Tremor did it's job and, in general, how no-fuss the experience was pulling a 5th wheel compared to a bumper tow rig.

-SR-

Walnut Ridge near Indianapolis? I always assumed that Indiana RV dealers would've been some of the best seeing as how most campers are manufactured in their home state, but the couple we went to were underwhelming. I hadn't heard of Walnut Hills until now, unfortunately. At least we got an interesting story to tell out of it. And I'm still pleased as punch at how my Tremor did it's job and, in general, how no-fuss the experience was pulling a 5th wheel compared to a bumper tow rig.

-SR-
Actually just outside of Newcastle. Easy drive for you from Cinci. Just go north on SR1 to Hagerstown, then west on SR38 through Newcastle. Walnut Ridge is about 3-4 miles west of Newcastle on the north side of the road. They have a nice wooded campground you can stay at if you feel like driving up and spending a long weekend and seeing what they are like. I was there in May last year and they had a big inventory of standard and fifth wheel campers. Also they have a very nice and reputable service department if you ever need their services and extensive accessory dept.

Campground:

RV Dealership:

I'd looked at that floorplan. The kitchen is amazing, wrap around view. But it's the construction of those things that sold me.

Over the weekend, we brought our camper up to The Boulders at Lake Tyler for some much-needed relaxation and fishing. The RV park was beautiful, and the fishing was great! Our spot was pretty good considering we booked at the last minute, but we plan on reserving a lakeside spot for our next visit. I saw a few other Tremors there as well.

I had the chance to test out the newly installed Timbren Springs during this trip, and I must say, I'm really happy with how they performed. You could really feel the difference they made, particularly when hitting expansion joints or bumps on the road.

boulders-lake-tyler-tremor1.jpeg

View from our patio:
boulders-lake-tyler-tremor2.jpeg

Back