Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

We have a Lance 2075

Nice! That’s the new “Euro style” one correct? Lance is definitely moving in the right direction! Being from Germany had a really hard time picking an RV over here that fits our needs and style... most manufacturers over here are stuck sometime in the 70s when it comes to design. We ended up with airstreambut Lance had been second on the list...

Here is our setup. 30’ airstream international, currently at Fort Wilderness.
D0713755-7B97-449A-9E45-8C75F7913E5A.jpeg

FANTASTIC Photo! We have the same setup?? Loving our 2021 International 30RB and Tremor!! (I,ll take a similar photo as yours soon)

Attachments

• 6D84D70E-332F-4CAC-9D69-0D50BB2A830F.jpeg
    6D84D70E-332F-4CAC-9D69-0D50BB2A830F.jpeg
    471.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 8C595E80-7312-4F9B-9FEB-2B812F384725.jpeg
    8C595E80-7312-4F9B-9FEB-2B812F384725.jpeg
    444.5 KB · Views: 142
Is it really camping when you go in a $50k plus trailer/camper? Haha

I like the look of the rooftop tents. Fold down to nothing, they are off the ground and you can still pull a boat or skis:)
I’m too old for that, I like the heat in the morning and I need a full bath/shower. I did tent camping up until I hit 50 and the boss said no more after a bear incident in the Uintahs. Sure would have loved a RTT back in the day, You young guys enjoy those.

The Cirrus is a big boy; I think a little too heavy for my needs. Leaning more towards a Northstar Liberty or Capri Retreat to keep the weight down at the cost of a few amenities. We do a lot of dispersed/BLM camping and don't want the weight to take away off-road capability.
We disperse every time we go out. Worked three days last week at the base of Mt Antero. I think the quality of the build supersedes the weight of the camper when offroad to a point. That being said, I would not take this thing over Tin Cup pass. We looked at every truck camper on the market and the only others I would consider are the Hallmark and Eagle Cap. I just could not get past the 80’s singlewide decor in all the others. Heading up to Nebraska (it’s not for everybody) and South Dakota next week for a couple of days. Will test semi-cold weather camping for the first time.

Which airbag system and sway bars did you use? My Northern-Lite is about the same weight and I would like get less sway. The truck drops about 4" with camper slightly touching the overload springs. Was thinking about just starting with TorkLift StableLoads, but not sure if they will do the job.
Airlift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Pro 89350 modified to fit the Tremor, WirelessAir Hellwig Big Wig rear swaybar and front Blue Sumo Springs. Pump the bags up to around 80 psi. You will still know she’s back there but huge payout in sway reduction. I got about 7k miles now on this setup hauling in Colorado and Wyoming.

Last edited:
Hey PapaRaptor, where do you camp? I travel thru Wisconsin quite a bit heading for the upper.
We camp above Iron Mtn in the Crystal Falls area.

Do they still get two weeks of summer up there in the North Woods????

Hey PapaRaptor, where do you camp? I travel thru Wisconsin quite a bit heading for the upper.
We camp above Iron Mtn in the Crystal Falls area.
Family land that is Ogdensburg technically not north woods but it has similar features

Do they still get two weeks of summer up there in the North Woods????
we had a hot summer this year. it's too short of a season but longer than the one my friends to the north have.

Back home after 3 week trip with Tremor and Trailer through the desert SW. Roughly 3,450 miles and 9.2 MPG overall. The 7.3 pulled well with all grades of fuel - I filled various 87, 89, 91 octane but could not tell any difference in power or mpg. It would be nice to have better range, however I did notice my bladder synced itself to the fuel mileage....
last stop in Weed, CA - view of Mt Shasta behind the trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_0733.jpg
    IMG_0733.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0734.jpg
    IMG_0734.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 192
Back