Tremor with a fifth wheel RV

I up graded the rig.

Sold the 37' Open Range ( due to covid got almost what I paid for it back in 2014) purchased a 41'6" Solitude from Grand Design.
about 4,000lbs more weight and 900 lbs more pin weight.
No problem for the Tremor 6.7
IMG_7220.jpeg
IMG_7199.jpeg
IMG_7231.jpeg

I have a Grand Design Solitude that is 40ft with GVWR of 16.5K and hitch weight of 2600lbs. My Tremor is a 6.7 Platinum 350 with a payload rating of about 3200lbs. This, I think will be your limiting factor with the Tremor. If you care about the numbers, being legal, etc, etc.

That said - you should double check the clearance of the pin box to the bed rails. My Solitude came with the standard Lippert 1621HD to which I attached the Andersen Ultimate Hitch conversion (kingpin to ball) and had the standard 3220 Andersen Hitch which gave about 6-7" of clearance between the fiver and the bed rail. I had the pin box make contact with the bed rails of my truck. Now the Retrax rails sit just about 1" higher than the rails but this is a known problem according to Andersen and not just with their hitch. They told me Reese with the Goosebox and others have the same problem. Andersen has solved it with the release of a "tall" hitch that sits 2.5" higher, model 3217. I plan to give that a try in the next few weeks.

Oh - and the contact between the pinbox and my truck happened doing a u-turn in a cul-de-sac that was off camber. So I think if it can happen there it's likely to happen elsewhere.

View attachment 13970View attachment 13971View attachment 13972View attachment 13973View attachment 13974
Thank you for sharing this….I am looking into the 3217 for our new Rig.

Back