Tremor with 7.3 overheating issues!

4kracing

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor Lariat 7.3
Has anyone had any issues with overheating? Not boil over type issue, just running very hot every now and then.

When I was first driving home after picking up my truck in January, I had the AC on about an hour out from dealer, and my temp went to 400deg w/ warning light. I took it in for repair and they said it was a faulty fan clutch. So it gets replaced and seems to be fine, and the truck now has 7700 mi on it. One caveat, the AC never seems to work that great, it sometimes takes a while to cool down, and when it does it will warm up in stop and go driving. (Something a miss!)

Yesterday I take a 47 mile drive on the freeway to make a purchase, and about half way the temp warning light hits 400deg while using the AC in 92deg weather on a slight incline on the fwy. WTH??? Then the trans temp are up too in an empty truck! Now it's back to the dealer for warranty to figure this crap out.

Anyone have an idea what ford may be miss diagnosing?

Has anyone had any issues with overheating? Not boil over type issue, just running very hot every now and then.

When I was first driving home after picking up my truck in January, I had the AC on about an hour out from dealer, and my temp went to 400deg w/ warning light. I took it in for repair and they said it was a faulty fan clutch. So it gets replaced and seems to be fine, and the truck now has 7700 mi on it. One caveat, the AC never seems to work that great, it sometimes takes a while to cool down, and when it does it will warm up in stop and go driving. (Something a miss!)

Yesterday I take a 47 mile drive on the freeway to make a purchase, and about half way the temp warning light hits 400deg while using the AC in 92deg weather on a slight incline on the fwy. WTH??? Then the trans temp are up too in an empty truck! Now it's back to the dealer for warranty to figure this crap out.

Whoa, that's an odd issue, I've yet to have any such issue like this. It's hot as F_ck here in South Texas and AC on MAX AC does a decent job in a few minutes of cooling the cab. Another dealership you can take it to for warranty work, different set of eyes?

When you say 400F, you mean coolant? Perhaps coolant level is low? If it is getting that hot, sounds like the fan may not be kicking on. Perhaps a fuse? I'm just guessing though and certainly am no expert concerning this engine/platform.

We've seen higher trans temps upwards of 215F to 230F hauling and unloaded both, apparently that is normal for the trans and fluid.

Doesn't sound good. Maybe a stuck thermostat? Take it in before you damage the engine!

No ideas here. Hopefully the dealership treats you right though. Let us know what the problem turns out to be.

To me it sounds like a thermostat or fan clutch again. It is possible that they could have put another bad fan clutch in. From what you describe that is what it sounds like to me.

Drove mine to Vegas 109 outside and the engine never got over 195. Trans topped out at 215.
Definitely take it back to the dealer.

What ever happened, did the issue get sorted out? What news?

What ever happened, did the issue get sorted out? What news?
Not yet, been too busy to get it to the dealer. Hopefully next week, and hopefully they diagnose it correctly.

Latest Discussions

Back