TREMOR WEIGHT

Who gives a shit. It's all about your BMI. Weight doesn't matter.

My 22 F350 Lariat was built in August of 2021. Feels like I got shorted then for some reason?
COVID is probably the excuse.

It seems like this may be worthy of a separate thread to survey just F-350 6.7 Tremor owners about their Front GAWR. It seems very strange that yours is only 5200. Even my 2006 F-350 CCSB gas FX4 has a 5600 Front GAWR. It does seem like you got ripped off.

It seems like this may be worthy of a separate thread to survey just F-350 6.7 Tremor owners about their Front GAWR. It seems very strange that yours is only 5200. Even my 2006 F-350 CCSB gas FX4 has a 5600 Front GAWR. It does seem like you got ripped off.
It could be that, but I think what happens is if you add a ton of options like a sunroof, they give you the 5600 lb coils in addition to lowering your payload rating.

It could be that, but I think what happens is if you add a ton of options like a sunroof, they give you the 5600 lb coils in addition to lowering your payload rating.
Do your coils still have the factory tags on them?

Did your '06 have the 6.8 V10? If so then that makes sense as that engine was <200lbs difference from the diesel.

My first 2021 F250 (also a gasser) had the camper/heavy service front suspension which came with the 5200lbs coils/GAWR.

I have the 11,500 gvwr option on my window sticker.

To an earlier post, coils dictate the front GAWR, it's not the same spring with a lower sticker rating on the 250.

It doesn't seem all that strange to me, and I don't think Bronco got ripped off. 5200 has been the base rate for non Tremor 250/350 4x4 CCSB with 6.7l. Ford, for whatever reason may have decided to start going 1 up in spring rate with the Tremor pkg. I suppose figuring out what year that started could be interesting to some. I wonder if factory ordering a winch gave them a 1 up on spring rate?

And not a Covid thing...2022 Platinum 350 Tremor, 5200 springs.
Screenshot_20240222_095003_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
To an earlier post, coils dictate the front GAWR, it's not the same spring with a lower sticker rating on the 250.

It doesn't seem all that strange to me, and I don't think Bronco got ripped off. 5200 has been the base rate for non Tremor 250/350 4x4 CCSB with 6.7l. Ford, for whatever reason Ford may have decided to start going 1 up in spring rate with the Tremor pkg. I suppose figuring out what year that started could be interesting to some. I wonder if factory ordering a winch gave them a 1 up on spring rate?

And not a Covid thing...2022 Platinum 350 Tremor, 5200 springs.
View attachment 145698
Thank you. I've seen only a handful of 2022 F350 6.7L Tremors on here with the 5200 front springs.

Would love to understand what determines getting the 5600 ones from factory though, as I really would've wanted those for door sticker legality reasons, as I'm technically 60 lbs over on the front axle currently. How much does the EGR weigh? lol

Thank you. I've seen only a handful of 2022 F350 6.7L Tremors on here with the 5200 front springs.

Would love to understand what determines getting the 5600 ones from factory though, as I really would've wanted those for door sticker legality reasons, as I'm technically 60 lbs over on the front axle currently. How much does the EGR weigh? lol

Haha, I bet the EGR/cooler and all the soot that builds up in it would be close.

As for the GAWR, it's not clear to me. I didn't spend much time, just pulled up some dealer listings to view the jamb stickers. The sticker I posted was the first '22 that popped up. I changed the search to 2021 350 Tremor, the first one I found was a Lariat and again, 5200. Then looked at a couple 2020's, found a Platinum with 5600 and another Platinum with 5200. Neither had a winch 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Haha, I bet the EGR/cooler and all the soot that builds up in it would be close.

As for the GAWR, it's not clear to me. I didn't spend much time, just pulled up some dealer listings to view the jamb stickers. The sticker I posted was the first '22 that popped up. I changed the search to 2021 350 Tremor, the first one I found was a Lariat and again, 5200. Then looked at a couple 2020's, found a Platinum with 5600 and another Platinum with 5200. Neither had a winch 🤷🏻‍♂️.
Did the 5600 lb ones have a sunroof by any chance?

I have sunroof and winch - both factory ordered and on my window sticker - mine is Lariat ultimate as well. 5,600 lb. front axel on sticker

I have sunroof and winch - both factory ordered and on my window sticker - mine is Lariat ultimate as well. 5,600 lb. front axel on sticker

Seems like they give you the 5600 rating if you get a sunroof, but at the same time reduce your payload. Would love to find some concrete information.

Seems like they give you the 5600 rating if you get a sunroof, but at the same time reduce your payload. Would love to find some concrete information.
I've got the sunroof but only have 5200 rating I do NOT have the factory winch though so maybe that's the determining factor? 11500 gvwr

I've got the sunroof but only have 5200 rating I do NOT have the factory winch though so maybe that's the determining factor? 11500 gvwr

When was your 22 built? F350 6.7?

I didn't pay attention to that on those trucks yesterday. I did notice both 5200 and 5600 trucks had 5th wheel prep.

Just now I looked at 3 more Lariats, two 2021 and one 2022, all with sunroof and all had 5200 front gawr. So still a mystery. It would have been strange if a 65lb option, like the sunroof, triggered an increase in front spring rate.

Back