Tremor vs Raptor - happy with the switch?

Sold my 2014 to make way for my Tremor. No major service issues but with 95K miles, they might have been just around the corner. Having a 6 year old truck still worth 35K was pretty amazing. Harsher road handling and city driving not as easy with the Tremor, but not being limited by towing capacity is a big plus as we look at some of the heavier travel trailers. The 6.7 is a freaking beast.

The Raptor is great desert runner but not well suited for many of the trails in Sedona and Moab. To scratch that itch I have a Wrangler that is my go to off road trail machine in places too tight for the Raptor and the Tremor. Was on the Bronco FE list, but given the interior options fiasco and overall launch headaches, I opted out and will let the Jeep gladly carry on in that role.
The 6.7 is a beast love it like a rocket pulling trailers it wants to burn the tires off ??

Traded in my '19 Raptor 802A with 20K miles at the price I bought it for given the crazy market. Haven't looked back a single day since. The Tremor is a much more mature truck as an everyday truck, capable as well, in different ways. Franky, I like it much more than the Raptor.

Traded in my 2013 raptor for my tremor. It was a great truck for the 7yrs of ownership. Put 170k miles on it in that 7yrs. It was a great roadtrip vehicle, but the maintenance was starting to be a pain. I don't miss the shock maintenance every 50k miles, that's for sure. It's the one thing that Ford missed the boat on. They should have had some type of core/exchange program. After all, its a daily driver for most of the buyers. I can only imagine all of those people that bought the Gen2's and the shock that they received when they approached 50k miles and their ride went to shit. But, as mentioned in one of the posts above, the resale value was great after 7yrs. Loving the functionality of the superduty so far. Can't wait to tow with it.

Traded my 17 Raptor in for a 2021 f250 tremor PSD yesterday and don’t miss the raptor. Raptor was a super cool truck but I missed being able to tow my boat with no effort plus the raptor SUCKED in the snow.
Before the raptor I had a 2013 F250 Platinum PSD, carli pintop’s 35-12.5 toyo mt’s then someone wrecked me .
From the 60 miles I have in the seat so far, I can tell I’m going to love this thing.

Traded my 17 Raptor in for a 2021 f250 tremor PSD yesterday and don’t miss the raptor. Raptor was a super cool truck but I missed being able to tow my boat with no effort plus the raptor SUCKED in the snow.
Before the raptor I had a 2013 F250 Platinum PSD, carli pintop’s 35-12.5 toyo mt’s then someone wrecked me .
From the 60 miles I have in the seat so far, I can tell I’m going to love this thing.
Most Raptor owners love their Raptors in the snow when using Snow/Sand Mode. Their are threads on it every year on the Raptor Forum about how much better it handles than other F150s, etc. I live in Texas, so I rarely see snow, let alone drive in it.

I own a 2018 Gen 2 Raptor and a 2021 Diesel Tremor and I can say my Tremor did much better in the first snow storm seen in Texas in several decades. The extra weight and sure-footed nature of the factory Duratrac tires were fantastic in the snow and ice. I had to make several emergency runs to help out family members and I never once felt unsafe or nervous in the Tremor. The roads were ice packed with about 2" of snow and they only started melting today, after three days of winter driving.

Also, the Raptor-style running boards really did their job of keeping the muck off of the side of the truck...

Tremor Ice.jpeg

The small icicles on the rear wheels of the Tremor were pretty cool.

Tremor Ice Wheels.jpeg

Will be parting ways with my 2013 Raptor when my Tremor is ready for pick up. This Tremor ordering process is very similar to what I experienced 8 years ago when I ordered the Raptor back when I was living in SoCal. Dealers were marking up the Raptors like crazy and I was lucky to just get one at MSRP (if I was willing to wait). I've had some awesome times in that Raptor. But now towing is more of a priority and I know that our family is going to have an awesome time in the Tremor.

And.......I've also got in a reservation for the Bronco. The Tremor will be joined later in the year (hopefully) with a 4-door Badlands Squatch -- the perfect family vehicle.

For groceries and swim lessons and such...

I get the feeling I'm one of many who is (or has) switched from a raptor to a tremor. Selling my raptor '18 magnetic 802 (w/ extras -- warn 12.5 hidden behind stock bumper, fog lights, spotlights, rear lights, drive lights, side fog lights, full race intercooler, K&N intake, BFG MTs 12.5x35, and much more....) and patiently waiting on my new 250 6.7 lariat sport ordered just how I want (with so many Tremor upgrades in the garage and/or on deck to perfect it for my needs). I'm switching for needed payload and towing -- my XC90 tows my tractor better than my raptor. Ford loves that btw, I sent them a pic of ride heights and they were extremely embarrassed hahaha.

Question: Other Raptor to Tremor owners, are you satisfied with the switch? Any regrets? Was your mind blown? Would you ever go back? If $$ no issue, would you own both for any reason? I feel like I'll miss many elements of the raptor -- auto 4wd for shift on the fly in weather, soft shocks for backroads and shitty highways, wide stance for stability, sport mode, shorter length... the list goes on. Too late for me to look back now, but any feedback is much appreciated.
Are any apple owners happy with their switch to oranges?

I had a 14 and 17 Raptor and now a 21 Tremor and I couldn't be any happier now. I loved the Raptor's and feel that they're easily the coolest looking trucks on the street today but I needed a more practical truck.

Hello all,
New guy here. This is my first post. I’ve had 8 SD since 2000, so I always have one in the stable.
Three months ago I sold my F250 Limited with a lift and wheels and tires etc to a friend. I did an in and out on a 2020 Raptor. I really like the Raptor but was alway hesitant on the towing. I just purchased a new Malibu M240, the boat weights 7k and I knew the Raptor would be maxed out, but I only pull the boat to my lake house and maybe for service once a year
965B2B20-388B-4545-93F4-EB3E4AAB0303.jpeg
so I figured it would be fine.
Then last Friday I hooked up my 20’ utility trailer to the Raptor to get firewood and bring it to the lake house. I’m in Texas and I’m sure by now you know what we are slowly coming out of. I ended up buying a cord in a half of firewood. That was the first heavy load I put on the Raptor. What a disappointment. My fender was an inch from the tire. My 45 minute drive took a lot longer as I drove about 60mph in a 75mph speed zone heading North on I-35 because the truck was squatting so much.
So, the snow hits us and I’m sitting in front of a warm fire and I start looking at trucks on my phone. I didn’t even know about the Tremor package until Thursday. Then I saw one with a great price and the dealer was 30 minutes from me. They opened up yesterday after all the bad weather. Took my wife we did a test drive. Got back to the dealer. Salesman says what do you think? I said I’ll take it. They are putting a B&W gooseneck in it and I’ll get it on Monday. It’s Rapid Red with the black out package. I really like it.
I’m going to keep the Raptor. I also have a Gladiator that I really love and I pull it behind my bus when we hit the road. My wife said “do you really need three pickups?” Um duh, who doesn’t?
That Raptor can’t tow worth a damn but it’s so much fun. I’m on the list for the new Hummer, so if and when I get it I’ll probably get rid of the Raptor. But for now I’m keeping them all.

The raptor looked great - but really did not do what I needed. I don't race across dunes, and need to tow a 7.5K travel trailer that was too much for the suspension.

Really like the tremor - thought I'd never get another SD because I did not want (or need) the expense of the diesel....then the 7.3 comes out. An amazing engine, lots of power, truck tows like a dream.

Solid decision to change on my end!

Will be parting ways with my 2013 Raptor when my Tremor is ready for pick up. This Tremor ordering process is very similar to what I experienced 8 years ago when I ordered the Raptor back when I was living in SoCal. Dealers were marking up the Raptors like crazy and I was lucky to just get one at MSRP (if I was willing to wait). I've had some awesome times in that Raptor. But now towing is more of a priority and I know that our family is going to have an awesome time in the Tremor.

And.......I've also got in a reservation for the Bronco. The Tremor will be joined later in the year (hopefully) with a 4-door Badlands Squatch -- the perfect family vehicle.
Have you seen this?

6:10 in. Other vids saying 70-80mph off road. I had no ideas they would be that stable.

Hello all,
New guy here. This is my first post. I’ve had 8 SD since 2000, so I always have one in the stable.
Three months ago I sold my F250 Limited with a lift and wheels and tires etc to a friend. I did an in and out on a 2020 Raptor. I really like the Raptor but was alway hesitant on the towing. I just purchased a new Malibu M240, the boat weights 7k and I knew the Raptor would be maxed out, but I only pull the boat to my lake house and maybe for service once a year View attachment 17711so I figured it would be fine.
Then last Friday I hooked up my 20’ utility trailer to the Raptor to get firewood and bring it to the lake house. I’m in Texas and I’m sure by now you know what we are slowly coming out of. I ended up buying a cord in a half of firewood. That was the first heavy load I put on the Raptor. What a disappointment. My fender was an inch from the tire. My 45 minute drive took a lot longer as I drove about 60mph in a 75mph speed zone heading North on I-35 because the truck was squatting so much.
So, the snow hits us and I’m sitting in front of a warm fire and I start looking at trucks on my phone. I didn’t even know about the Tremor package until Thursday. Then I saw one with a great price and the dealer was 30 minutes from me. They opened up yesterday after all the bad weather. Took my wife we did a test drive. Got back to the dealer. Salesman says what do you think? I said I’ll take it. They are putting a B&W gooseneck in it and I’ll get it on Monday. It’s Rapid Red with the black out package. I really like it.
I’m going to keep the Raptor. I also have a Gladiator that I really love and I pull it behind my bus when we hit the road. My wife said “do you really need three pickups?” Um duh, who doesn’t?
That Raptor can’t tow worth a damn but it’s so much fun. I’m on the list for the new Hummer, so if and when I get it I’ll probably get rid of the Raptor. But for now I’m keeping them all.
Great color ?

Hello all,
Three months ago I sold my F250 Limited with a lift and wheels and tires etc to a friend. I did an in and out on a 2020 Raptor. I really like the Raptor but was alway hesitant on the towing. I just purchased a new Malibu M240, the boat weights 7k and I knew the Raptor would be maxed out, but I only pull the boat to my lake house and maybe for service once a year View attachment 17711so I figured it would be fine.
Nice color combo! The race red looks fantastic in person with the blackout package.

Did you get a good deal on the Tremor in Central Texas? Did they check to see if you had a PCO? I love it when someone buys an awesome truck on a whim!

I spent three months waiting for mine to arrive, but it was well worth it.

Nice color combo! The race red looks fantastic in person with the blackout package.

Did you get a good deal on the Tremor in Central Texas? Did they check to see if you had a PCO? I love it when someone buys an awesome truck on a whim!

I spent three months waiting for mine to arrive, but it was well worth it.
Thank you I love the color. I’m a Texas Tech guy.
If I were to order a truck I would of ordered this color. It’s actually Rapid Red, beautiful in person and real deep when the sun hits it.
I’m in North Texas, my lake house is in Gainesville and the dealer is in Whitesboro, about 25 minutes from me. I got lucky to find the color with the black package and a great price.
What’s a PCO?

Kept my 2012 Raptor probably won't ever sell it. Love the V-8 and it drives smaller than the Tremor. The Tremor is better for long road trips, obviously towing and better mileage. But the Gen 1 Raptor is sporty and much better off road since it is shorter and lighter. barely get 12 MPG with it but my 6.7 gets over 20 MPG empty and did 14.9 with trailer going 80 plus mph.
You will be very happy you upgraded to the Tremor and dumped the eco-poop.
Ditto. Have a 2012 Raptor that I kept. Will never get rid of it either. Fun having both. The Raptor is now a project truck for life. Don’t know that the Tremor will be for me.

Sold my 2018 raptor about 4 weeks ago for the tremor. I like the tremor much more than the raptor. The raptor was tons of fun, however, I did not use it to its capability. Mostly sand and mud, no Baja. Used about 40% of what the truck could do.

COVID hits, wife says not going on a plane or ship anytime soon. Raptor not the best truck for towing, so I traded for a tremor. Looking back, I’m super happy with the change. I do miss the raptor, happy with the better fuel economy, torque, and towing capabilities of the tremor.

Thank you I love the color. I’m a Texas Tech guy.
If I were to order a truck I would of ordered this color. It’s actually Rapid Red, beautiful in person and real deep when the sun hits it.
I’m in North Texas, my lake house is in Gainesville and the dealer is in Whitesboro, about 25 minutes from me. I got lucky to find the color with the black package and a great price.
What’s a PCO?

PCO is a Private Cash Offer from Ford that can take up to an additional $3000 off the price of the truck. It is a Ford incentive, so it does not cost the dealership anything, but it puts the extra money right in your pocket. You should read the PCO thread, as there was a member who claimed he was able to get his offer honored after he bought the truck.

Just chiming in..I am a die hard Raptor owner since day 1(2010). Never knew i would “outgrow” the Raptor at some point. Well, this week I had to say goodbye to the Raptor world. Picked up an F250 Tremor Lariat 6.7. So far no regrets yet lol. Definitely a different beast of a truck. I beat and use my Raptors in the past. I felt I haven’t done alot of desert runs in the last year or two. I towed alot more but ofcourse, Raptors are meant to tow. I’ll be picking up an Rv or a 5th wheel soon which is why I went with the SD. But yea..pretty happy with the change

Attachments

• BACC43F9-B860-4B23-8073-8348F334911A.jpeg
    BACC43F9-B860-4B23-8073-8348F334911A.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 29
  • A9B7B53C-22C4-4D90-ADE2-737EEF39A37F.jpeg
    A9B7B53C-22C4-4D90-ADE2-737EEF39A37F.jpeg
    474.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 0627CC47-06B2-4FA6-8DA7-B4139C60829F.jpeg
    0627CC47-06B2-4FA6-8DA7-B4139C60829F.jpeg
    369.8 KB · Views: 30
Back