Tremor vs Raptor - happy with the switch?

Dovefield

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2018 Raptor
Current Ride #2
Volvo XC90
I get the feeling I'm one of many who is (or has) switched from a raptor to a tremor. Selling my raptor '18 magnetic 802 (w/ extras -- warn 12.5 hidden behind stock bumper, fog lights, spotlights, rear lights, drive lights, side fog lights, full race intercooler, K&N intake, BFG MTs 12.5x35, and much more....) and patiently waiting on my new 250 6.7 lariat sport ordered just how I want (with so many Tremor upgrades in the garage and/or on deck to perfect it for my needs). I'm switching for needed payload and towing -- my XC90 tows my tractor better than my raptor. Ford loves that btw, I sent them a pic of ride heights and they were extremely embarrassed hahaha.

Question: Other Raptor to Tremor owners, are you satisfied with the switch? Any regrets? Was your mind blown? Would you ever go back? If $$ no issue, would you own both for any reason? I feel like I'll miss many elements of the raptor -- auto 4wd for shift on the fly in weather, soft shocks for backroads and shitty highways, wide stance for stability, sport mode, shorter length... the list goes on. Too late for me to look back now, but any feedback is much appreciated.

I get the feeling I'm one of many who is (or has) switched from a raptor to a tremor. Selling my raptor '18 magnetic 802 (w/ extras -- warn 12.5 hidden behind stock bumper, fog lights, spotlights, rear lights, drive lights, side fog lights, full race intercooler, K&N intake, BFG MTs 12.5x35, and much more....) and patiently waiting on my new 250 6.7 lariat sport ordered just how I want (with so many Tremor upgrades in the garage and/or on deck to perfect it for my needs). I'm switching for needed payload and towing -- my XC90 tows my tractor better than my raptor. Ford loves that btw, I sent them a pic of ride heights and they were extremely embarrassed hahaha.

Question: Other Raptor to Tremor owners, are you satisfied with the switch? Any regrets? Was your mind blown? Would you ever go back? If $$ no issue, would you own both for any reason? I feel like I'll miss many elements of the raptor -- auto 4wd for shift on the fly in weather, soft shocks for backroads and shitty highways, wide stance for stability, sport mode, shorter length... the list goes on. Too late for me to look back now, but any feedback is much appreciated.

i made the switch, raptor is the cool hip little brother, tremor is the well dressed matured boss big bro.

just what I was expecting. thanks, aryaagahi. I feel like the raptor has done its job well, but living on the east coast (limited desert racing, more of Carova beaches and Wilson Creek Forest Service Roads-- which I highly recommend), and actually working and towing regularly, it stopped making sense. My daily payload is between .5 & 1.5 tons, and when I add a trailer it really strains the finicky raptor. If I had more opportunities to jump and rally the Raptor it might make sense, but we road trip with 2 kids under 3, three dogs over 100lbs in the bed, and more stuff than anyone needs ( in addition to my well-preparred medic/recovery/emergency camping equipment.) Hence the switch to tremor. I'm so excited!

I will never sell my raptor, I love it way too much. The tremor is to do truck things more than the raptor but I would much rather take the raptor offroad or do sporty driving.

I was one of the first to jump ship from Raptor to Tremor. So glad to be out of the EcoBurst engine and all the issues I had with that POS.

Sold my '18 Raptor about 3 weeks ago. Picking up the Tremor this AM. Will definitely provide some feedback once I have the first 1,000 or so miles under my belt. Was actually growing a little tired of the Raptor. Felt finicky (sp) and peaky (power wise). Handled great though... could drive it pretty damn quickly (probably more quickly than you should) on the streets. Also my 10-speed never felt like it was finding the right gear.

I traded in my 2014 RAM 2500 diesel on the Tremor. I still own a 2017 Raptor though. I love the Raptor, probably the coolest vehicle I've ever owned. It's fun/sporty to drive around town. However, after having the Tremor a couple of weeks I'm starting to think about selling it. :unsure: I just like having one truck that does everything. The only thing I've noticed so far is it just takes a little more time to park.

I would have both for the agility of the raptor and the pure power of the tremor.

Had a 12 Raptor and still miss it. I had a little time between the Raptor and the Tremor, but the Tremor makes me miss the Raptor less. Trailer just outgrew the Raptors capability and at the time was not in the cards to keep it and get a tow rig.

I’m so happy and I’ll never look back! I bought a new Gen 1 in 2011 with a 6.2. I really like that truck. Then I got a Gen 2 802a in 2018 with every option. I liked it less than my Gen 1. Since I got the Tremor, I’ve been smiling everyday. I love the diesel, I get better gas mileage than I did in the Raptor, and I feel like I’m really using this truck where as my old Raptor, I didnt even come close using it potential.

F402CDF9-B6EE-43CC-8961-E91A297ACAE0.jpeg

A6737C22-F611-465D-8EDA-1C64F48A775B.jpeg

Attachments

• D5F79CEA-C2FD-44BA-9D00-743CBA16BB96.jpeg
    D5F79CEA-C2FD-44BA-9D00-743CBA16BB96.jpeg
    377.1 KB · Views: 27
Sold my '18 Raptor about 3 weeks ago. Picking up the Tremor this AM. Will definitely provide some feedback once I have the first 1,000 or so miles under my belt. Was actually growing a little tired of the Raptor. Felt finicky (sp) and peaky (power wise). Handled great though... could drive it pretty damn quickly (probably more quickly than you should) on the streets. Also my 10-speed never felt like it was finding the right gear.

wow... no looking back. How do you beat this kind of freight train torque. Pulls so effortlessly. Did 800+ miles yesterday in the Tremor. Long day (montana to Colorado). Wouldn’t have been able to tolerate it in the Raptor.

Hi All:

New member here - picked up my 6.6 Silver Iconic Tremor on Tuesday. Went all the way from New Orleans to Jefferson City, Missouri to get it. So, I have 1000 miles behind the wheel already.
I traded in a 2018 Raptor - the Raptor was a nice truck, and I liked it. As you might expect, it rode much smoother, tracked straighter, and was lightening quick. It generally was easier to park in tighter quarters. But I came out of 2014 F250 6.7 into the Raptor, and I always missed the diesel. The Raptor does a lot of things very well - towing isn't one of them (it was fine with lighter loads). I'll miss the utility and ease of utilizing the Raptor when in an urban environment. But the Raptor's short 5.5' bed, towing limitations, very good current resale value, and the release of the Tremor package, along with missing my prior F250 diesel, were just too much to stick with the Raptor.

I don't think it's a no brainer for most folks. I believe a ton of people (depending on towing needs) would be very happy with either Raptor or Tremor. Frankly, both are awesome pickups, and we're lucky to have both as options.

TRADED MY 13 RAPTOR IN FOR TREMOR. I TOLD PEOPLE I WOULD BE BURIED IN MY RAPTOR BUT THINGS CHANGE I NEEDED BIGGER BED FOR MY QUAD AND BIGGER PAYLOAD (I DO MISS MY RAPTOR IT WAS MY FIRST BRAND NEW CAR ) BUT TREMOR HAS ALOT OF POWER & I HAVEN'T EVEN MESSED WITH IT YET . I HOPE THEY PUT THIS 7.3 IN THE RAPTOR & MAKE IT THE GODZILLA RAPTOR BECAUSE I'LL START SAYING UP FOR IT NOW

Gen 1 raptor (loved) —-> gen 2 raptor (meh)—-> KR f250 6.7 tremor (in transit waiting on delivery)

don’t think I’ll look back but haven’t been in it yet
Driven hard, the gen 2 was always looking for gear, and the eco boost wasn’t as predictable.
The lighter weight made the truck slide around more around dirt corners, which I hated.
Gen 1 was a workhorse and seemed more solid overall. Miss that truck

Kept my 2012 Raptor probably won't ever sell it. Love the V-8 and it drives smaller than the Tremor. The Tremor is better for long road trips, obviously towing and better mileage. But the Gen 1 Raptor is sporty and much better off road since it is shorter and lighter. barely get 12 MPG with it but my 6.7 gets over 20 MPG empty and did 14.9 with trailer going 80 plus mph.
You will be very happy you upgraded to the Tremor and dumped the eco-poop.

I do miss the softer shocks/ride of my 2018 Raptor. I feel like, even at 60 psi in my tires, the Tremor doesn't handle bumps and rough roads as smoothly. It's not enough to bother me, but my step father made a comment about feeling every little bump when he was riding passenger.

I will never sell my 2010 Raptor.
those ten years were the funnest driving years of my life!
I now have the best of both worlds.
The Raptor just dont have the payload capability that i require.
But i dont always require it.
I guess im one of the lucky few.
It is hard to choose what to drive some times.........ohh the stress...

Sold my 2014 to make way for my Tremor. No major service issues but with 95K miles, they might have been just around the corner. Having a 6 year old truck still worth 35K was pretty amazing. Harsher road handling and city driving not as easy with the Tremor, but not being limited by towing capacity is a big plus as we look at some of the heavier travel trailers. The 6.7 is a freaking beast.

The Raptor is great desert runner but not well suited for many of the trails in Sedona and Moab. To scratch that itch I have a Wrangler that is my go to off road trail machine in places too tight for the Raptor and the Tremor. Was on the Bronco FE list, but given the interior options fiasco and overall launch headaches, I opted out and will let the Jeep gladly carry on in that role.

Back