Tremor vs F350 with Carli Pintop

Apeman

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
USA
Current Ride
2017 Ram 2500
Hello everyone. I would love to hear some opinions from current Tremor owners. Finding a Tremor package with the 7.3L and sport appearance package seems as likely as winning the lottery when you don't even play the lottery. However, finding one without the Tremor package and the other two options seems more promising. I could just custom order one straight from Ford but am not looking to go that route right now. Tremors with the 6.7L are much easier to find but I am officially done with diesels with all the emissions garbage attached unless I delete (which I am not willing to do again).

Now for my question. For those of you that have used your Tremor in off-pavement situations, are you happy with the performance? Any suspension issues that you feel you need to address with aftermarket components? My other option would be to buy a regular F350 and add the Carli kit once it is available for the 7.3L although I might still suffer from Tremor envy. :confused: Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Welcome to the forum @Apeman - Nothing but positive reviews on the 7.3, so I don't think you can go wrong. Hopefully someone else will chime in on your suspension question.

I have a full Carli 2.5 system with progressive leaf pack in the back. Total game changer. The stock suspension was very stiff and not all that great. I am still glad I got the Tremor pack for they rock crawl mode. Take a look at this video.

Welcome to the forum @Apeman - Nothing but positive reviews on the 7.3, so I don't think you can go wrong. Hopefully someone else will chime in on your suspension question.

Thank you for the warm welcome and your thoughts, @modified.

I have a full Carli 2.5 system with progressive leaf pack in the back. Total game changer. The stock suspension was very stiff and not all that great. I am still glad I got the Tremor pack for they rock crawl mode. Take a look at this video.

Thanks, @thomsonn. Are you running the Kings and 35’s? I will check out the video when I get home since my cell signal is horrible here at work.

Edit: Now that I can see your avatar on my laptop I can tell you have 37's. Your truck looks awesome!

Last edited:
WHAT? The customer installed a top-of-the-line $8k suspension system and the truck road better? Shocking. I’m blown away!

I don’t disagree with much of what the dude was saying in the video about the Pintop system, but he is definitely a salesman. Some of the statements he made about the Tremor being an appearance package aren’t that accurate. The Tremor package comes with Rock Crawl mode, a limited slip diff up front, a thinner torsion bar for added flex, bigger shocks with hydraulic end stops, unique front springs, snug running boards for clearance, and 35-inch off-road tires. Each of these items improves off-road performance compared to a standard Super Duty. To me, an appearance package is more like the FX4 package by Ford.

Also, as the dude drove around the block, on pavement, he commented on keys and phones flying out of the center console while crossing railroad tracks. That’s a bit of an overstatement. I live on a rough dirt road that crosses tracks. I haul ass on that road and not once has stuff flown out.

Alright rant over!

To answer the original poster’s question, the Tremor package has been great for my needs off-pavement. I primarily mess around on mountain Forest Service roads and a few OHV trails. The Tremor has performed great. Much better than my last Ford FX4. But, the Tremor is definitely not a Raptor, nor was it designed to be the Super Duty version of the Raptor. Also, the Tremor rides rough, especially on washboard. I’ve aired down the tires and that has helped, but not solved the rough ride.

I’m also considering installing the Carli Back Country system. Not so much because I don’t like the OEM suspension, but because I want to make the truck my own a little bit and to level the front end. I’ll probably opt for the add-a-pack in the rear to help on washboard.

WHAT? The customer installed a top-of-the-line $8k suspension system and the truck road better? Shocking. I’m blown away!

I don’t disagree with much of what the dude was saying in the video about the Pintop system, but he is definitely a salesman. Some of the statements he made about the Tremor being an appearance package aren’t that accurate. The Tremor package comes with Rock Crawl mode, a limited slip diff up front, a thinner torsion bar for added flex, bigger shocks with hydraulic end stops, unique front springs, snug running boards for clearance, and 35-inch off-road tires. Each of these items improves off-road performance compared to a standard Super Duty. To me, an appearance package is more like the FX4 package by Ford.

Also, as the dude drove around the block, on pavement, he commented on keys and phones flying out of the center console while crossing railroad tracks. That’s a bit of an overstatement. I live on a rough dirt road that crosses tracks. I haul ass on that road and not once has stuff flown out.

Alright rant over!

To answer the original poster’s question, the Tremor package has been great for my needs off-pavement. I primarily mess around on mountain Forest Service roads and a few OHV trails. The Tremor has performed great. Much better than my last Ford FX4. But, the Tremor is definitely not a Raptor, nor was it designed to be the Super Duty version of the Raptor. Also, the Tremor rides rough, especially on washboard. I’ve aired down the tires and that has helped, but not solved the rough ride.

I’m also considering installing the Carli Back Country system. Not so much because I don’t like the OEM suspension, but because I want to make the truck my own a little bit and to level the front end. I’ll probably opt for the add-a-pack in the rear to help on washboard.
My wife said the same thing. She was so angry when we watched that video. She kept saying bullshit! I agree that the tremor is more than an appearance package but the off road side of things can be helped a bit with the torsion sway bar and lighter rear springs. I don't think the ride on road is as bad as described. I still think I'll get the smaller carli suspension with the king shocks when I'm ready for a new set of tires. I'll add innov8 wheels and 37s at that time too.

Alright rant over!

Yea, not really a fair comparison there. While I haven't actually driven a Tremor yet, I find it implausible that it is nothing more than a hyped FX4 package. You can pretty much make any truck better than factory if you throw enough money at it.

My wife said the same thing. She was so angry when we watched that video. She kept saying bullshit! I agree that the tremor is more than an appearance package but the off road side of things can be helped a bit with the torsion sway bar and lighter rear springs. I don't think the ride on road is as bad as described. I still think I'll get the smaller carli suspension with the king shocks when I'm ready for a new set of tires. I'll add innov8 wheels and 37s at that time too.

I'm thinking I would go with the smaller kit as well, and after putting some miles on it stock. That way I will be able to get an honest assessment on the improvement provided over stock. Those Innov8 wheels looks killer as well. They might persuade me away from Method.

I'm thinking I would go with the smaller kit as well, and after putting some miles on it stock. That way I will be able to get an honest assessment on the improvement provided over stock. Those Innov8 wheels looks killer as well. They might persuade me away from Method.
I like that they’re forged and made here in the USA with USA aluminum. They’re also badass looking. Methods are nice but they’re made in Chinastan

Whyte Rhyno your wife is right. Mine rides like a late 60's Olds or Pontiac when going over the railroad tracks. Had to almost stop in the 2002 F250 to keep from knocking my teeth out. They are rough tracks near my house. Can't figure why anyone would expect to go over rough roads and feel nothing. Maybe Lexus will start making trucks. No complaints on my ride. But then again I am broke after buying this truck and can't afford thousands in new springs and such. It gets me to Home depot and back. Easy ride both ways.

I drove my Tremor stock for a while, and now have the Carli pinto kit and 37" M/T's and the ride is better around town, and the offroad performance is way better. I like having the Tremor features that remain on the truck; Rock Crawl mode, a limited slip diff up front, better approach angle. I used hill ascent / descent last night and it's great.

Hello everyone. I would love to hear some opinions from current Tremor owners. Finding a Tremor package with the 7.3L and sport appearance package seems as likely as winning the lottery when you don't even play the lottery. However, finding one without the Tremor package and the other two options seems more promising. I could just custom order one straight from Ford but am not looking to go that route right now. Tremors with the 6.7L are much easier to find but I am officially done with diesels with all the emissions garbage attached unless I delete (which I am not willing to do again).

Now for my question. For those of you that have used your Tremor in off-pavement situations, are you happy with the performance? Any suspension issues that you feel you need to address with aftermarket components? My other option would be to buy a regular F350 and add the Carli kit once it is available for the 7.3L although I might still suffer from Tremor envy. :confused: Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
Literally just watched this video ...

The salesman comments are sorta odd. Are you guys hating on Carli or this guys enthusiasm? CJC Off-road in SoCal is a top installer of Carli. He DOES know what he’s talking about. I bought my Tremor with full intention of replacing the suspension ASAP. I’m thankful these dudes exist. I’ve researched the crap out of aftermarket suspension companies specific to GM, ford and RAM since before I bought my Tundra TRD Pro in late 2016. Cognito was the top for GM from what I could tell, but Carli clearly sat above all - it’s why I bought the Ford. Maybe I’m over reacting, but I have been a fan of CJC and Carli for awhile. Check out their YouTube channel for some serious drool worthy builds that are all about capability.

The salesman comments are sorta odd. Are you guys hating on Carli or this guys enthusiasm? CJC Off-road in SoCal is a top installer of Carli. He DOES know what he’s talking about. I bought my Tremor with full intention of replacing the suspension ASAP. I’m thankful these dudes exist. I’ve researched the crap out of aftermarket suspension companies specific to GM, ford and RAM since before I bought my Tundra TRD Pro in late 2016. Cognito was the top for GM from what I could tell, but Carli clearly sat above all - it’s why I bought the Ford. Maybe I’m over reacting, but I have been a fan of CJC and Carli for awhile. Check out their YouTube channel for some serious drool worthy builds that are all about capability.
No hate here. I was mostly highlighting the fact that it is pretty obvious installing such a high caliber suspension system from Carli would improve the ride.

No hate here. I was mostly highlighting the fact that it is pretty obvious installing such a high caliber suspension system from Carli would improve the ride.

I picked up your tongue in cheek sarcasm to the benefit of the Carli system. Other commenters though seemed to dismiss this upgrade solely due to Cody’s enthusiasm about the product they install; and I guess that’s fine. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I have to have mine as well when opinions being given are based on a “feeling” about something and not actual research. I love the truck, but I don’t love getting thrown around on these Northern California highways and road irregularities.

Definitely no hate from me either since I have owned multiple “lifted” diesels my entire adult life, and none of the other brands could be considered a true competitor to Carli. Carli is in a class by itself in that segment. Having said that, the statement in the video about the Tremor package being nothing more than a basic appearance package, and that your keys and beverages will launch into orbit when encountering a small pebble in the road without upgraded suspension (yes, I am embellishing a bit) is a little silly. Carli suspension needs no selling since it sells itself. I think that was the source of some of the comments.

Disclaimer: I have yet to actually drive a Tremor since I am still searching for one but I can’t imagine it rides any worse than my stock ‘01 F350, or any of the 2500/3500 Rams I owned while in stock form.

I've been impressed with the improved ride quality on my Tremor with the full Carli Pintop system and the offroad performance is really amazing.

Definitely no hate from me either since I have owned multiple “lifted” diesels my entire adult life, and none of the other brands could be considered a true competitor to Carli. Carli is in a class by itself in that segment. Having said that, the statement in the video about the Tremor package being nothing more than a basic appearance package, and that your keys and beverages will launch into orbit when encountering a small pebble in the road without upgraded suspension (yes, I am embellishing a bit) is a little silly. Carli suspension needs no selling since it sells itself. I think that was the source of some of the comments.

Disclaimer: I have yet to actually drive a Tremor since I am still searching for one but I can’t imagine it rides any worse than my stock ‘01 F350, or any of the 2500/3500 Rams I owned while in stock form.

I’ll take that. I haven’t had my keys bounce around either, but I have been launched up out of my seat on one particular spot on the highway where the viaduct joins the road. But yeah, I do get what you’re saying - glad though that you confirm the level of performance with Carli.

Back