Tremor total length

B

BlueKilla

I have 3 7x8 doors on my 23' deep garage, 2 of the doors on on the deepest portion of the garage that is on a 22' bump out. I am wondering how long the tremor is approximately bumper to bumper so I can see if mine will fit in my garage.

I want to remove two doors and frame out an opening for one 18x8 insulated door with high lift rails and a jackshaft opener but want to make sure my truck fits first before I go through the trouble of planning and removing the existing opener and rails.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have 3 7x8 doors on my 23' deep garage, 2 of the doors on on the deepest portion of the garage that is on a 22' bump out. I am wondering how long the tremor is approximately bumper to bumper so I can see if mine will fit in my garage.

I want to remove two doors and frame out an opening for one 18x8 insulated door with high lift rails and a jackshaft opener but want to make sure my truck fits first before I go through the trouble of planning and removing the existing opener and rails.

Any help would be much appreciated.
I was just measuring my garage trying to figure out if my truck will fit. The truck measures 250” from what the 2021 brochure says.

I was just measuring my garage trying to figure out if my truck will fit. The truck measures 250” from what the 2021 brochure says.
Yeah I saw that but want to make 100% sure with an actual truck, who knows what their start and end points were for that measurement lol.
IIRC it's like 21' I was doing some measuring yesterday to see if it would fit in my garage if it was full of other stuff..lol
I hope so, that'll give me about 6"-1' clearance on front and back. I'll have to relocate all my HD shelving and toolbox to make it fit but I definitely want it indoors if I can help it, even if it means I spend many hours figuring out where to relocate everything too. Garage reorg is a full day event around here when OCD kicks in lol

My garage is 20' so I gave up parking inside a long time ago. I've looked at trying to extend it but seems like a lot of work. I just make sure my trucks have remote start.

Who builds a garage only 20' come on!

My garage is 20' so I gave up parking inside a long time ago. I've looked at trying to extend it but seems like a lot of work. I just make sure my trucks have remote start.

Who builds a garage only 20' come on!
??? Our last house was a new construction and the builders boasted the 3 car garage option. Bastards never mentioned it was only 18'-20' deep, I was pissed when I couldn't fit my extended cab Ram or Tundra in there. My wife's Camry and my old WRX barely fit in there comfortably. Should be 24' minimum standard imo but builders will do anything to pinch a few pennies.

My 05 used to fit..it was a XLT crew cab. And my 2012 fit until I did the lift kit

Attachments

• 4BB648F3-98EF-485D-AC8E-6769DAB44353.jpeg
    4BB648F3-98EF-485D-AC8E-6769DAB44353.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 6AD4762B-A340-432D-86FB-BBBA42CE356D.jpeg
    6AD4762B-A340-432D-86FB-BBBA42CE356D.jpeg
    396.4 KB · Views: 41
Watch your mirrors with the narrow doors. Make sure your garage door opens all the way, weather strip clears and the arm for your electric opener does not hang below ( not to scratch up your roof). :cool: :cool:

I think that's where I saw the 250", I'll take a look again to confirm.
Watch your mirrors with the narrow doors. Make sure your garage door opens all the way, weather strip clears and the arm for your electric opener does not hang below ( not to scratch up your roof). :cool: :cool:
Not even going to attempt with these 8' wide doors, my first truck had a fender mishap on a snowy day with my previous 8' doors and I hate backing up with side mirrors folded lol. I figure I can't fuck things up with a 18' wide door ?

I'm totally removing the center opener from the equation by installing a lift master jackshaft opener - they are quiet, very easy to diy, and last a long time with no belts or chains to replace ?
26' attached garage here, fits fine :)
Very jealous - better make sure your new house has the same! I'd kill for a deeper garage.

??? Our last house was a new construction and the builders boasted the 3 car garage option. Bastards never mentioned it was only 18'-20' deep, I was pissed when I couldn't fit my extended cab Ram or Tundra in there. My wife's Camry and my old WRX barely fit in there comfortably. Should be 24' minimum standard imo but builders will do anything to pinch a few pennies.
It's Madness is it not! I had a friend tell the builder he wanted his garage extended 4ft in every direction and put in 8ft doors. He had a jeep, a Yukon, a sxs, a riding lawn mower and a full size Duramax all in there and still had room to walk around. His neighbor did not have that and cold barely fit three small cars in his. ? So anyone reading this and building a home tell them to make your garage bigger.

I had a friend tell the builder he wanted his garage extended 4ft in every direction and put in 8ft doors.

8ft doors are something that people rarely think about at building time, but they're a big deal if you ever plan on putting a truck in the garage. I actually caught the builder goof when they framed mine, I had specified an 8ft, and they framed it at 7ft, because they didn't do it that often I suppose. Caught it the same day, so the framing crew redid it quickly.

I was on a Forest Circus road the other day that had a sign saying

NO VEHICLES OVER 20 FEET

They were right, I had to jockey it around a couple of the hairpins!
Glad I didn't take my travel trailer!

Back