TREMOR TEST DRIVE

inthegap18

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Soon: '21 F350 Lariat Sport Tremor 6.7 Carbon Gray
I finally was able to climb up in one of these beasts and see for myself what everyone has been talking about. Did a road trip from Michigan to Ohio and the dealership had many to chose from. So coming from a half ton GMC to a 350 Tremor is quite a jump but I loved the ride. 6.7 like everyone has stated has gobbs of power. Duratracs do make it float around a bit. Glad I knew this from the forum read so thanks. Tranny shifts like butter. The only thing negative for me was the Tremor running boards sit up pretty high and I have Irish legs. I'm built for picking potatos without having to bend over. Think I can solve that with power deplorable ones. I prob would have bought this truck but it had a moon roof and just not into that.
Heading to my local dealership tomorrow and gonna place a order for a '21. That way I can get what options I want plus I've got X plan in place because of my work. Thanking all you guys on here for a wealth of information. Sure makes my purchase much easier.

Mark

Marley

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Miltary
Veteran
Picking potatoes without bending over. Lol
You may want to enter vehicle from underneath somewhere.

Glad you getting to order new truck.
Mine should show up any day now.

bert 1966

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2018 F150 XLT
I finally was able to climb up in one of these beasts and see for myself what everyone has been talking about. Did a road trip from Michigan to Ohio and the dealership had many to chose from. So coming from a half ton GMC to a 350 Tremor is quite a jump but I loved the ride. 6.7 like everyone has stated has gobbs of power. Duratracs do make it float around a bit. Glad I knew this from the forum read so thanks. Tranny shifts like butter. The only thing negative for me was the Tremor running boards sit up pretty high and I have Irish legs. I'm built for picking potatos without having to bend over. Think I can solve that with power deplorable ones. I prob would have bought this truck but it had a moon roof and just not into that.
Heading to my local dealership tomorrow and gonna place a order for a '21. That way I can get what options I want plus I've got X plan in place because of my work. Thanking all you guys on here for a wealth of information. Sure makes my purchase much easier.

Mark
Damm. I couldn't find any with a moon roof in my area. I also ordered a 21. Don't expect to see it much befor Christmas though. This will be my first deisel and second 3/4 ton. I ordered an XLT and the dealer sent me out in a platnum. Of course I liked the truck. Can't wait to get mine. Good luck with your wait.

JimKnopf

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Miltary
German Army
First Responder
EMT, First Responder Instructor, Water Rescue

Mark
Make sure your dealer has allocation, they are not too widely spread in Michigan, if they don't you may end up waiting for your truck until next summer easy...

OP
inthegap18

inthegap18

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Make sure your dealer has allocation, they are not too widely spread in Michigan, if they don't you may end up waiting for your truck until next summer easy...
Yes sir, they do. Just needed to test drive one before I pulled the trigger.

Last edited:

ANVIL_01

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
USMC
Current Ride
Ford F350 Superduty Tremor
Current Ride #2
Ford Explorer

Mark
This isn't really a leg issue, but rather a knee-hip issue.

By the way I have never heard that term so I googled Irish Legs

modified

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2017 Ford Rapor
Current Ride #2
2020 Diesel Tremor
Glad you were finally able to drive one. The Duratracs do get better with mileage and lower air pressure. I have 2000 miles now and it feels much more solid at 75 than it did! I'm still planning on replacing them, but that's not high on the mod list at the moment.

I'm torn with the factory running boards. I really like the looks but they are extremely high and make is rough for my passengers to get in and out. (wife, kids, grandmas, etc..lol)

richtor

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Race Red F250 Tremor
How many Tremors are being built? I did not think they were limited.

Iron Man

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Jaguar F Pace SVR
Current Ride #2
Future Owner Iconic Silver Platinum Tremor F350
Glad you were finally able to drive one. The Duratracs do get better with mileage and lower air pressure. I have 2000 miles now and it feels much more solid at 75 than it did! I'm still planning on replacing them, but that's not high on the mod list at the moment.

I'm torn with the factory running boards. I really like the looks but they are extremely high and make is rough for my passengers to get in and out. (wife, kids, grandmas, etc..lol)
Love that your GRANDMAS CRUSE WITH YOU IN A T R E M O R They rock :)

OP
inthegap18

inthegap18

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
UPDATE:
Just placed my order for for a 2021 350 Lariat sport with 6.7 Carbon gray with black grille and badging should look bad ass. Super stoked. Got a good deal (X plan) from a family owned dealership in my area. Thanks for all the help from the members here.

ibeb

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2019 F150 Lariat 4x4 SCrew
UPDATE:
Just placed my order for for a 2021 350 Lariat sport with 6.7 Carbon gray with black grille and badging should look bad ass. Super stoked. Got a good deal (X plan) from a family owned dealership in my area. Thanks for all the help from the members here.
Congrats! Now the wait starts....